It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the media think we are idiots?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The media has an agenda make no mistake.

Like in the 80's when Panama was turned into a threat...reality never changed, but our perception did.

Or when Saddam was happily killing Kurds with US manufactured chemical weapons, getting his picture taken with Rumsfeld, again, he turned into a guy on par with Hitler-his mass murder was actually decreasing, but according to the media he was the worst of the worst, and so our perception changed-giving the greenlight for Washington to invade, the point of it all.

Media serves the authorities, whatever party is in power. Its why Bush 2 got his administration officials prime time slots telling us all about the "mushroom cloud" coming from Saddam and why they ignored the tens of millions of people simultaneously protesting the war around the world. Or why they ignored Turkey or Columbia (much worse in terms of human rights abuses) The authorities got more air time. And why Obama is getting the swine flu scare national coverage...whatever the agenda behind it all, he wants it this way.

So whatever the goal of this latest scare regarding the swine flu, make no mistake, there is an agenda.

they fudge a few numbers here, exaggerate there...a few isolated infections becomes an outbreak, an outbreak becomes a pandemic. its most likely all about making money in trying times.

Send more money. that's our job. we work we buy we go to sleep. never question authority, never think for yourself regarding media.

and forget all that.

its good to see some people questioning the media and their intentions, most people accept it all as just the way it is, while they manufacture consent and demonize enemies of US gov't or spread fear to induce spending, its all the same.

Mainstream media in the US has no journalistic integrity left, it is PURE propaganda, and i can prove that.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tadarida
They may have gone too far this time... even people I know who are not at ALL interested in conspiracy theories think they are not getting the truth from anyone this time... perhaps this incident will wake a few more people up.

Same where I work, they all pretty much said it's just hype to push getting more money from the govt. to bailout more industries and make it look like it was needed for the worlds population as a whole to save them from the Flu.

The people that told me this when I didn't even say a word about what I thought of it, well my mouth dropped open I guess I don't give most people I know or work with credit for being as up to date on the real facts and figures as I should.

So ya most everyone I know thinks it's a sham which it's usually just me thinking somethings a sham, now as to the exact nature why I don't know but there is pretty much a consensus where I work about what this sham is trying to pull off,

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darthorious

Originally posted by Tadarida
They may have gone too far this time... even people I know who are not at ALL interested in conspiracy theories think they are not getting the truth from anyone this time... perhaps this incident will wake a few more people up.

Same where I work, they all pretty much said it's just hype to push getting more money from the govt. to bailout more industries and make it look like it was needed for the worlds population as a whole to save them from the Flu.

The people that told me this when I didn't even say a word about what I thought of it, well my mouth dropped open I guess I don't give most people I know or work with credit for being as up to date on the real facts and figures as I should.

So ya most everyone I know thinks it's a sham which it's usually just me thinking somethings a sham, now as to the exact nature why I don't know but there is pretty much a consensus where I work about what this sham is trying to pull off,

This issue has confused a lot of people. And I think there is a lot of deception everywhere.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Your too busy trying to put out the little fires in your life to realize the whole world is ablaze.

I really like that - well said !

Pretty shrewd way to run a country, eh ?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DohBama
Does the media think we are idiots?

The expression is "Useful Idiots" and they are right.

The general population still believes that the mainstream media is impartial and unbiased.

Can you imagine the power wielded by such an organisation whom no one even suspects is wholly agenda driven?

Useful idiot

I thought the expression was useless eaters.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Agreed. Yes, the media thinks you are an idiot. They have good reason to believe that.

Most people are fighting to save their job, their home and their way of life right now.

The media comes on and says, "Go to sleep, everything is fine, your magical new President has it all under control, everything is fine."

When did this happen? Everytime I watch the news, it looks like the world is on fire. I've never heard anyone in the media say everything is fine. As a matter of fact that iis anti-thetical to the ratings they need to survive. The media FEEDS on bad news.

I think you are sorely mistaken

Your too busy trying to put out the little fires in your life to realize the whole world is ablaze.

You obviously don't watch the MSM, because if you turned it on you would see that indeed the WHOLE world is Ablaze as you mention.

When you watch the MSM, you should always be asking yourself, "Why are they telling me these lies?"

What lies? I see lots of people who believe what they are saying, and yes many of them say things contrary to eachother, such as FOX vs MSNBC. However lies? They focus on stories which generate ratings... it's pretty simple.

Because that's all they have to offer.

Don't forget the Weather!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
What does it matter if they think you're idiots? They want you to think you're idiots. Don't.

What does "being politically correct" mean if it means you accept blatent eugenics going on in your face under the guise of psychiatry, vaccinations, and good dentistry (fluoride).

Don't mean to toot my own horn but I had a breakthrough, thought I'd share it..

Mosey on down here before you guys bury this important thread okay?

Bioshield Two: And Now For Some Real "Pandemic" Insight... If You Dare Depakote valproic acid psychiatry sterilization campaign

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
yes absolutely...Lets face it the world,well at least america is full of imbicles...and MORANS!!!
the rest are just classified as conspiracy theorists...

Yeah.........before you go calling Americans idiots, just know that the word you used to describe us is actually MORON....not MORAN. The word 'imbicile' (that you have above) is actually spelled imbecile. Furthermore when you name a country it should always be capitalized, such as in your example above 'America' (is what it should be), not america. I would be embarrassed as well to know that it just took an imbecilic, moronic American to correct someone as so ostensibly astute as yourself.

I believe the saying from Jesus applies here " Ye hypocrites, First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." - Matthew 7:1-5

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
au.news.yahoo.com...

The CDC said in a new report on Friday it had confirmed 84 out of up to 176 deaths in Mexico blamed on the H1N1 strain.

'
You have to understand that any and all numbers spewed will be "floating variables". meaning, there is no easy way to calculate their true meaning. To inspect a case and determine H1N1 positivity, most of if the time a blood sample must be shipped to a hospital that is even remotely set up to detect such a rare strain. Lets not forget the 7-10 days most people go while sick before ever even think about going to the doctor, and so on.

One week, Mexicans are fighting a drug war the next week, they are dying from flu, sounds like a cheesy Chemtrail Flick.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
They know whatever is said is believed as truth by the majority. With no alternative counter point offered, unless it is from a "change agent" like Glenn Beck.

Dinner tables and break rooms are filled with stories of the day. People arguing over facts fed to them by the establishment, each side being wrong. The stories, as politics are set to divide us. The stories of the day are minutia and have little to do with major life changing news. The important news is swept under the rug and little by little "patriot act" after "patriot act" our liberties are stripped from us.

But hey did you hear about the ugly singing sensation wow!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Well, I guess they do think where idiots...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

It's like this...

Remember in the movie 'Network' where he is telling us all that the media desensitizes us to make us feel somehow that "the 100 murders that took place in our nation today" is alright , cuz that's just the way of the world? They tell you something horrific and then abruptly switch the news to "who Lindsay Lohan is dating' or 'who just got voted off American Idol' right behind it so that subconciuosly you are not allowed enough time to let the horrific news set in...

that's how they tell you to "go back to sleep/wonderland..everything is going to be ok"

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FX44rice

Hey!!

I liked your response and I'm familiar with 'change agents' in regards to Delphi Technique..Glen Beck a change agent? Interesting....

Explain because I think you are really on to something there.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Butter Cookie
They tell you something horrific and then abruptly switch the news to "who Lindsay Lohan is dating' or 'who just got voted off American Idol' right behind it so that subconciuosly you are not allowed enough time to let the horrific news set in...

thats spot on, but its more a product of our 60 seconds or less fast food nation.

External link quote;

Obsessed with Twitter and Facebook? Then you're probably immoral and stupid. At least, that's what two new studies claim. USC researchers allege that speed-tweeting leaves no time for compassion.

Link

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Butter Cookie

Exactly the RAND delphi technique is Glenn Beck. The MSM is aware of the alternative internet news available to the people distributing a more discerning look into critical topics such as economy and politics. Therefore the MSM hierarchy must combat this viral alternative information with an agent (Glenn Beck).

He (Glenn) appears to be concerned with the critical news topics spreading amongst the populace. Therefore he attracts an audience of people who have heard of say "Depression era statistics" from their co-worker. The co-worker explained to the individual that our economic statistics point to an imminent Depression headed our way, heard from say Gerald Celente.

The individual hears on FOX that Beck will be highlighting the topic "Are We headed for Depression?" Beck spins the facts in the Delphi fashion of:

"Facilitators (Beck) are trained to recognize potential opponents (Celente) and how to make such people appear aggressive, foolish, extremist, etc. Once this is done, the facilitator establishes himself or herself as the “friend” of the rest of the audience." The stage is now set for the rest of the agenda to take place.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Ok...Ok...I see exactly what you are saying...Glenn Beck is the change Agent( of the NWO) because what he does is gain the acceptance of the truthers (us) and by agreeing with what we have been talking about and then he spins it so that we began to question ourselves and doubt what we have been saying....therefore he has 'changed' us

See I have an interest in knowing about RAND/ Delphi Technique

I was working at AT&T until Friday and I was terminated...why?

AT&T is a RAND client (RAND of course being under Tavistock). And as you may know RAND's primary function is BRAINWASHING...well I started looking at AT&T and what their goal in the NWO agenda was: Product Pushers of course...get us all craving the newest GPS-constant surveillance product. Well anyhow in customer service there was a system called CSP ( Customer Service Portal) and it was your brain...literally...you had to refer to CSP as if it were a bible...Supervisors didn't even answer your questions; told you to refer to CSP, real robotic style....so anyway CSP evern had what they call a 'decision flow'...you had to look up the decision flow for EVERYTHING...nope, you were not allowed to think on your own...so they monitor the calls and even if you resolved the customer's issue, the fact that you chose not to use the 'decision flow to arrive at the answer made you fail that customer service call...

well you know me...I NEVER used that damn thing...so I got fired cuz I'm a thinker- i did not follow along blindly like all the other little good robots

But that take on Glenn Beck has got my interest; he seems to really pull me in when he appears to be extremely angry and concerned about the PTB are doing and wants us all to wake up

Do you think they are aware that he is at times waking people up?

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Butter Cookie]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
They have always counted on the general stupidity of the global populace and more often then not they have not been wrong.The media is merely a lapdog for the puppet masters.

[edit on 043131p://0626 by mike dangerously]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I talked about all this BEFORE the swine flu, the problem is that this forum doesn't want real change. They would rather bitch and moan about the flavor of the day. Proof of concept being the recent months, and now again with swine flu.

Every single problem in this world comes back to the failure of the media, and not just its failure, but its absolute perversion. And it seems noone on this forum wants to actually do anything to strike at the heart of the beast, and thats the media. We have to force change of the media or no movement will ever succeed, no real change will ever be permitted and to dismiss that fact would be willful ignorance.

Instead, people just gobble it up, even those of this forum.

My thread from weeks ago: Mainstream Media - How we are all being bent over

Butter Cookie wrote:
But that take on Glenn Beck has got my interest; he seems to really pull me in when he appears to be extremely angry and concerned about the PTB are doing and wants us all to wake up

Do you think they are aware that he is at times waking people up?

People like you really need to read the above thread I posted.

Picture it like this, its like they are robbing a bank, and glenn beck is telling everyone about the distraction, while the bank robbers get away clean.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by king9072]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Butter Cookie

Do you think they are aware that he is at times waking people up?[edit on 4-5-2009 by Butter Cookie]

BC - I am positive that the Media Controllers are aware of Beck's effect on the mass viewers. Just as they are aware that the "alternative news" which in many cases as (Celente) offers, is more inline with the truth.

Beck is "awakening" people to the issues (that would be learned of anyway), but funnels people into believing the extent of the issue is not as drastic or an issue at all, as truthful media outlets and individuals would have them believe.

Therefore, making those who speak the word of say Celente or Schiff sound as if the're crazy or extreme. Pay close attention to Beck, he is quite masterful as a "change agent."

There is a reason he has moved from CNN to FOX. It is not because of discontent from Beck or CNN either. It is due to the Media Hierarchy awareness of his ability and audience growth. It was known that all the CNN viewers would follow him to FOX. It was also known that his viewer base would increase and spread to all the FOX viewers. I won't be surprised if he moves again to swallow another viewing audience to further the agenda of delphi technique.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Yep...Makes a lotta sense...

Check this out - gothinkblog.com...

EXCELLENT READING

This kept me up till 2:00 am

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join