It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu Kills 36,000......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Don't Panic...Regular flu Kills 36,000 Americans each year.....Yip hard to believe. So lets take a closer look at the H1N1 that has killed some 170 people so far?????

Lets just delete all the posts on Swine flu its all Hype.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I agree it's been taken a bit over the top, but it still deserves some respect considering the last pandemic kill 1 mill. Hopefully this one won't be so bad, tho i have to say i feel pretty safe sitting over here is Aus.

Cherry

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SharkBait
its all Hype.

Agreed. The 36,000 deaths/year equates to about 700/week. So, the 20 confirmed worldwide "swine flu" deaths is merely a fraction of the flu deaths that were expected to occur.

I mean, I'll admit I'm no scientist, but seriously what threw up the red flag here? It's like someone discovered a new strain of flu and then had the media report and plot every Jane, Dick and Joe that came down with a cough and high fever. It was a nice exercise or study on the dynamics of how a virus spreads from patient zero to various points around the globe, but the hype is utter nonsense.

So, I have to ask, who benefits from such hype?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Well...

What if the hype was not raised?

What if by this week you and your neighbors were dropping like flies out of a window because of the swine flu?

Then it'd just be the reverse: "Argh, the MSM covered it all up so we could be put under martial law and get fluoride in our water like Alex Jones said would happen!"

It might mutate, or learn how to drive, but who knows, no one I know seems worried at all anyway.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
The countdown begins for your thread disappearing for you not looking to see that it has been posted before.

Almost EXACTLY the same one. Which is very interesting in itself. Why is it that you're and other people are posting almost the exact same thread in all sorts of forums on the net? I mean really, can't you at least come up with some more varied thread titles at least?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You should read the above thread. The 34-36k number they are talking about is a lie in itself.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
This has been posted atleast 20 times, for starters youre wrong. Multiple flu strains kill 20k people a year the other 15k is from respritory failure so instead of even reading one article you copied the title and posted it here. I think I can ignore any post you make in the future. Reporting thread for trolling, next time do some research please.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

top topics

join