It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysteriously Shrinking Swine Flu Death Toll

page: 1/
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I have been doing some reading, and something bizarre has happened in the MSM. A couple of days ago, Mexican Swine flu killed over a 150 people in Mexico alone. Now, that number is between SEVEN and TWENTY?

Check this out:

As the World Health Organization raises its pandemic alert over H1N1 (”swine flu”) from four to five, Vice President Joe Biden told “Today” show audiences today that he “wouldn’t go anywhere in confined spaces now” — including commercial planes or subways. But how bad is it? In comments to the Sydney Morning Herald, the WHO’s Vivienne Allan states that claims that 150 people worldwide have died from this strain of flu are false: She, like the WHO’s own report, says the number of confirmed deaths is seven.

The WHO update, which came out before yesterday’s confirmation of the death of a 23-month-old Houston boy from H1N1, found that nine countries reported 148 confirmed cases of infection, with a total of seven deaths, all in Mexico. Mexican authorities put their death toll at 159, including 10 in the last 24 hours. It’s not yet clear why Mexico’s numbers are so starkly different (perhaps Mexico hasn’t “officially” reported to WHO) from the WHO figures.

Officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have confirmed that a Cold Spring resident is the Minnesota’s first case of the H1N1.
minnesotaindependent.com...

Now look at this article:

MEXICO CITY – Mexico reported three new deaths from the swine flu epidemic Saturday and urged citizens not to let their guard down against a virus that has killed 19 in people in Mexico and is spreading across Asia and Europe.

Health Secretary Jose Angel Cordova said Mexico's confirmed swine flu cases jumped to 473, including the 19 deaths. The previous death toll in Mexico was 16. A Mexican toddler also died in Texas days ago, for a worldwide total of 20.
news.yahoo.com...

Then I find this Thread on ATS talking about another strain of flu altogether called H2N3.

From the US Dept. of Agriculture from 2007:

Researchers have identified a new strain of swine influenza—H2N3—which belongs to the group of H2 influenza viruses that last infected humans during the 1957 pandemic. This new strain has a molecular twist: It is composed of avian and swine influenza genes.

In the newly isolated swine H2N3, the avian H2 and N3 gene segments mixed with gene segments from common swine influenza viruses. This exchange—and additional mutations—gave the H2N3 viruses the ability to infect swine. Lab tests confirmed that this strain of H2N3 could also infect mice and ferrets.

These findings provide further evidence that swine have the potential to serve as a “mixing vessel” for influenza viruses carried by birds, pigs and humans. It also supports the need to continue monitoring swine—and livestock workers—for H2-subtype viruses and other influenza strains that might someday threaten swine and human health.
www.ars.usda.gov...

Is it possible that the death toll isn't 20, but actually much higher than 150, but most of the deaths were caused by H2N3 and not H1N1 allowing the CDC and WHO to down play the problem?

Edit to sex up the title.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by finemanm]

[edit on 2-5-2009 by finemanm]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I don't think we'll ever really know the Truth. But what I Found interesting is that, every year Regular Flu Kills 36,000 people.

So lets put this into Perspective. There's only about 200 deaths from Swine flu . And going down by the report.....

So what's the BIG DEAL?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The big deal is that if this thing is like the 1918 Spanish flu, we could expect that it is going to fade away as the summer months come. This could lead us to believe that it was all a big exageration, and have a cry wolf type of effect on the masses.

Then in the fall, when the regular flu season starts back up, this thing can come back like with a vengence.

In the fall of 1918 the Great War in Europe was winding down and peace was on the horizon. The Americans had joined in the fight, bringing the Allies closer to victory against the Germans. Deep within the trenches these men lived through some of the most brutal conditions of life, which it seemed could not be any worse. Then, in pockets across the globe, something erupted that seemed as benign as the common cold. The influenza of that season, however, was far more than a cold. In the two years that this scourge ravaged the earth, a fifth of the world's population was infected. The flu was most deadly for people ages 20 to 40. This pattern of morbidity was unusual for influenza which is usually a killer of the elderly and young children. It infected 28% of all Americans (Tice). An estimated 675,000 Americans died of influenza during the pandemic, ten times as many as in the world war.
virus.stanford.edu...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Or what if this "flu" is simply the cover? Start a mild flu, hype it up so that no one forgets that it happened, then in a few months when people begin dying in large numbers blame it on the swine flu from a few months ago. By the time the regular flu season comes around, you sweep it all under the rug since everyone was out and mixing all summer.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
When the WHO refers to confirmed, they do not count bodys, they count lab samples. Meaning there are a pile of bodies in Mexico, and a smaller subset of those were tested with samples arriving at some WHO location.

The body count is what ever sample size WHO decides to make it.

Almost no one dies of seasonal flu. About .6% die of pneumonia 4 to 6 weeks after the flu.

I has not been 4 to six weeks since the flu outbreak in Mexico.

Accoring to a NY Times article today test results show that of those suspected of having the flu, only 750 actually have it.

NY Times article, Outbreak in Mexico May Be Smaller Than Feared

Of 908 suspected cases that were tested, only 397 people turned out to have the virus, officially known as influenza A(H1N1)

Accoring to RSOE EDIS Mexico has 1757 suspected cases total, and 181 deaths.

So the projected infected number is 750.

Add to that 750 the 181 dead. That gives you 181 out of 931 dead, nearly a 20 % mortality rate.

If only two percent die, and the entire world is infected, that comes to 135 Million dead, 20% comes to 1215 Million dead.

This is potentially before the usual killer, pneumonia spreads through the weakened population.

These are not the usual folks in nursing homes dieing. These are the healthiest people, who's own immune systems overreact and kill them.

No where in history has a disease been so horrendously lethal.

I pray these numbers are wrong. This would certainly be Bio-Warfare if this played out with these numbers.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Anybody remember this?
Bird Flu: The Next Pandemic?

[edit on 5/2/2009 by Phage]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Not only that but right during this uproar, and in the middle of people being so distracted, the EU is pushing a bill in on May 5th, to limit and split up the internet into parcels where you only can chose amongst certain services. Thats a pretty big destruction of our world, and freedom of information. Obviously, the news and real information is getting out to too many people.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Perhaps this was merely a distraction to destroy the internet, their biggest adversary, the tool of the people, something they never dreamed could actually undo them in the end.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
This is what has been scaring me. Its like there trying to distract us from something else.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

However, many of those people who don't have H1N1 DO have H2N3.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fool_l
This is what has been scaring me. Its like there trying to distract us from something else.

How about....they are getting people to be tested for more than one virus. One of them is natural. The other is not. They hype the one, and not the other.

When information about the wrong one gets out, they quickly replace it. Such as having the original stories showing the concerning flu being an odd human-swine-avian mix, and then replacing it with its a swine-swine recombinant.

Distract people from what you are looking for with something that is pretty close to exactly the same thing.

[edit on 2009/5/3 by Aeons]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Yeah, I've been wondering how the WHO's math works. The more the truth comes out that fewer and fewer people are being infected as previously thought, and fewer and fewer people are dying as previously thought... the higher they crank up their cute little 6 level alert system. They've probably got Charles F. Richter's son working for them or something like that.

Clearly this is a test of some sort that they're experimenting with. They're testing to see how gullible the populace is and guess what? For the most part we're dumb enough for them to crank it up to the next level in a year or two. I can hear it now. I know what they're thinking! "Damn that internet, it's ruining our plan. The peasants have a better communication system than we do and they know what's going on. God damn it! We must destroy the internet before we can go to operation 'release the poison'."

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

That’s what I am starting to think. I think that H1N1 isn't the real killer, but its H2N3.

Influenza A virus subtype H1N1, also known as A(H1N1), is a subtype of influenzavirus A and the most common cause of influenza (flu) in humans.
en.wikipedia.org...

When I first read that this Mexican virus was H1N1 I immediately looked it up and found it hard to believe that it was the culprit.

Now that there is information that H2N3 - a far more rare virus - is on the loose, it make you think that someone is hiding something.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
More on H2N3:

From FIC.org (Flu in China, a non-for-profit):

A new influenza virus discovered in Missouri pigs has a combination of genes from avian and swine flu viruses, supporting the theory that pigs can serve as a mixing vessel for flu viruses and a potential source for a human pandemic strain, according to a report published yesterday.

Researchers found that the virus, an H2N3 subtype, caused illness in experimentally infected mice and was transmissible in swine and ferrets, suggesting it has adapted to mammals, according to the report, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS). In addition, genetic analysis showed the virus has a mutation linked with an increased ability to infect mammals.

The discovery marks the first identification of an H2 virus in swine, according to the authors of the report. The flu pandemic of 1957-58 was caused by an H2 virus, namely H2N2. That virus was replaced by an H3N2 strain in the pandemic of 1968-69, and H2 viruses have not circulated in humans since then. Hence, people younger than 40 have little immunity to H2 viruses, scientists say.
www.flu.org.cn...

This was published on December 21, 2007.

Edit to add bold to the external source.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by finemanm]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I would be very interesting. Under any circumstances a double viral pandemic would be fascinating.

If both were natural it would be so illuminating.

If one weren't natural - WELL, that's just brillant as a way to study its spread. Regardless if it was released intentionally, or if it was an accidental release, what a great way to cover it. Brilliant. Nasty. Immoral. Unethical. But brillant.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Anybody remember this?

Irony wasted on so many deaf ears here on ATS.

Members so desperately want to believe the apocalypse is upon us in the form of a bug.

I've stocked up on garlic just to be sure, but see my sig for my current view on this latest 'pandemic'

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Bravo my man! Been waiting for people to put this together. You do realize how they test for flu right? They dont test for multiple strains if you run the high tech current test you will get a negative if someone died of the flu but a different strain. Bravo glad someone else is out there putting two and two together. Mexico City is one hell of a bioreactor

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SharkBait
I don't think we'll ever really know the Truth. But what I Found interesting is that, every year Regular Flu Kills 36,000 people.

20,000 everytime I see you post that lie Im going to report you for trolling. Anyone who sees someone do this I urge you to click alert under their post and report them. They clearly only read the title of an article and posted it here or are lying on purpose.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Memysabu]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT

Originally posted by Phage
Anybody remember this?

Irony wasted on so many deaf ears here on ATS.

Members so desperately want to believe the apocalypse is upon us in the form of a bug.

I've stocked up on garlic just to be sure, but see my sig for my current view on this latest 'pandemic'

I think you mean " sarcasm"

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SharkBait

So lets put this into Perspective. There's only about 200 deaths from Swine flu . And going down by the report.....

So what's the BIG DEAL?

It's too early to tell, the outbreak started in late march/april and the incubation time is about 7 days. Its like rings on the water. I've also read some threads about the 1918 pandemic that killed millions but very few during otubreak late spring, the real effect came later during fall.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by reugen

That is exactly what I'm worried about. That which ever virus (H1N1 or H2N3) comes back in the fall, it will be a real killer.

Right now TPTB want us to start forgeting about this thing and focus on more important things like American Idol or Brittney Spears. The don't want us to get prepared for a real pandemic by hording food and water over the summer.

They want us to be unprepared in the fall and winter when this thing rachets back up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join