It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO official expects to raise flu alert to highest level

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

WHO official expects to raise flu alert to highest level

www.latimes.com

Although the pace of new H1N1 infections seemingly slowed on Saturday -- with a total of 195 cases reported in the United States and 763 worldwide, and a few even turning up in pigs -- a World Health Organization official said he thought that the agency's infectious disease alert level ultimately would be raised to its highest point
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
At first, this did not scare me too much, but this is getting frightening. What exactly happens when the alert is raised to its highest level? I don't mean to incite fear, but i would sincerely like to know if i need to prepare for martial law or something similar.

I'm still not that worried, but if the alert level is raised to level 6, we could have a very real problem. Not with the flu itself, but with the panic that the alert might trigger.

TA

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'm more worried about the next flu season. The 1918 flu came in waves, starting in the late spring like this one. I think this is why they are so worried about the spread. We'll see won't we !!

[edit on 2-5-2009 by sickofitall2012]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

"We have to expect that Phase 6 will be reached; we have to hope that it is not," he said.

(from the article)

It sounds like they are preparing for the worst. I sincerely hope it doesn't come to this, but i suppose it's time to prepare. Just out of curiosity, is anyone else getting ready for this event and, if so, how? Any suggestions would be valuable to me and, likely, a lot of others here.

mods: sorry about putting this in the wrong place

TA

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Well....This would validate what Alex Jones has said.....

Bravo Alex!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Hey my friend, try not to over worry about this thing.

I live in a Hurricane Zone and people living in Hurricane Zones are told by the Local, State and Federal Government to have a bare minimum of 3 days food, water, medicines and emergency supplies on hand at the start of every Hurricane season.

In a bad storm that wrecks infrastructure it could take up to three days before Emergency Responders can traverse blocked and flooded out roads to reach you...kind of like Hurricane Katrina!

I normally stock a 10 day supply of non-perishable food, water, medicines, medical supplies, and emergency supplies like candles, flashlights, batteries etc., etc.

Starting last fall right before the Election and some Congressmen publicly claimed that to get them to vote for the TARP the first Bailout that they were told if the Bill didn't pass a "Bank" Holiday might have to be called requiring Marshall Law to go into effect for a 14 day period, I read up on the Executive Orders that constitute the Law during periods of Marshall Law and saw that they are good for an automatic one month suspension of the Constitution.

So I upped my supplies to one months worth of everything I normally consume and entertain myself with.

There is some expense involved and normally ever third year I donate my non perishable foods to a food drive or bank a year before their expiration date and replace them with fresh non perishable foods. This way it doesn't really go to waste and my caution ends up protecting me and helping others.

Consider a minimum of 2 weeks to a 1 month supply of essentials and what ever comes down the pike you can likely weather it in your own home.

It will give you a lot of peace of mind for not that much money!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
How is it possible that latimes and other sources has official WHO numbers while WHO has not updated their own website yet? BAD makes me angry. Any news from WHO should be publiced on their site first and by the minute so we all can have at least one official sourse to rely on.

From what i have read there should be 18 countries, Irish rep and one more (dont remember) has to be added to the list.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I wonder what happens at Level 6.

They might try quarantining known areas of outbreak if it does, but I dont think they have the resources in the US to quarantine the entire country, especially if they dont need to.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
I wonder what happens at Level 6.

They might try quarantining known areas of outbreak if it does, but I dont think they have the resources in the US to quarantine the entire country, especially if they dont need to.

I couldn`t resist it.
Like we haven`t had enough drama for one year.

I believe the new buzz word instead of quarantine is " social distancing " ....... its kind of calming .

The moment peoples movements are restricted , people will attempt to "escape" or worse, fight there way "out" , and in the process spread the infection even further & faster.
It is a very natural urge .

The contradictory reports coming from all sides is infuriating , ........whilst we wait .

We truly have become the residents of the global village.

What a crazy few months it has been , ........ , whatever your nationality, colour or creed , I`m sure you`ll agree .

Strange day`s have found us.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Ok, let's put the links together. James S. Robertson is Britain's leading bioengineer of flu viruses and he's the guy who designed this birdpigman concoction.

The WHO is just another tool of the NWO bastards just like the UN, IMF and every other global controller of the people. But this is such a serious situation that surely there's gotta be that one person who gives final guidance to the World Health Organization Crime Syndicate about whether or not they should go the full monty and declare level 6? And guess who that final authority, that final perveyor of ultimate guidance is? You guessed it... Dr WHO himself, James S. Robertson.

Surely heads must roll for this farce that's costing the world literally billions of dollars daily.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
ProtoplasmicTraveler, excellent advice!

bismarcksea, i've always taken AJ's theories with a grain of salt, but yeah, he may just be right this time.

gusan, I've got no clue how the LA times got this out before the WHO, your guess is as good as mine.

Miraj, i'm curious about what exactly "level 6" means myself.

UmbraSumus, yup there's no way to contain people, any efforts to do so would only backfire.

Albertarocks, interesting info on the origin of birdpigman. I really hope this James S. Robertson guy hasn't doomed us all.

Thank you all for the replies, stars for everyone.

TA

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
ProtoplasmicTraveler, excellent advice!

bismarcksea, i've always taken AJ's theories with a grain of salt, but yeah, he may just be right this time.

gusan, I've got no clue how the LA times got this out before the WHO, your guess is as good as mine.

Miraj, i'm curious about what exactly "level 6" means myself.

UmbraSumus, yup there's no way to contain people, any efforts to do so would only backfire.

Albertarocks, interesting info on the origin of birdpigman. I really hope this James S. Robertson guy hasn't doomed us all.

Thank you all for the replies, stars for everyone.

TA

Yeah I asked my dad (He's a microbiologist) what happens in case of a level 6, thinking that his work might have some sort of protocol or info.

He just shrugged and pretty much said "It becomes a level 6, people aren't going to stop going to work"

I don't think anything necessarily happens on a level 6. Assuming the governments not at fault and using the scare to it's advantage(Some do think this, I don't) Nothing might happen at all. They probably go on the actual known infections in the country and make their plans based on that.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

i don't understand why this would be so hard for people to understand.

Of course people just go on living their lives. What exactly else is it that people are expecting? That everyone grows wings?

Even the most extreme people can only live in a state of constant fear for so long. Then life continues.

A level six is just information. A way of describing what a virus is doing "in the wild." With that information you use it to make decisions, preferably the best ones available to you. That's it.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The world should have been placed at level 6 at least a week ago.
What is happening fits their criteria.

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
ever third year I donate my non perishable foods to a food drive or bank a year before their expiration date and replace them with fresh non perishable foods.

That's pretty much what we do. Every so often the food bank gets a whole lotta' great stuff from us. Stocking up is a win-win ... we have supplies if we need it and peace of mind having it, and also the food bank makes out rather well.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Take the necessary precautions and you will be fine. I.E Wash your hands when you get in from a public area. Wear a Filtered facemask if your in an infected area and basically just stay clean!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I wonder if this new virus is effecting birds,being that it is part bird flue,i am sure that would complicate things a wee bit
,just thinking out loud.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by all2human]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

Apparently a Level 6 is being considered still but this article sort of and kind of defines the "why of it.

It's just one more link in the winding chain of confusion,LOL!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If you guys want to hear the facts rather than a lot of speculation, you should check out the sources on this thread and SAVE them. We've got an mp3 from Robert Kadlec, CFR former special assistant to prez explaining that we may need 2 simple vaccines within 6 months, but they want funding for ADVANCED vaccines, test centers, and to finish topping off the tamiflu and relenza stores. I think if you follow the legislation paper trail you guys will have less fear about what might happen, because the paper determines what they are legally authorized to do.

Bioshield Two: And Now For Some Real "Pandemic" Insight... If You Dare
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Bioshield Two: And Now For Some Real "Pandemic" Insight... If You Dare

On a related note: Search for 'Bioshield' in the search field...You'll get the thread but notice the date, Feb 5. This error has not been corrected and it may be keeping this thread from showing up in date order for some people. Not accusing admins of an intentional bury, but technically it was buried for some time, not listed in the Swine flu section in it's proper date order, until I brought it up in the thread.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Here's what I got from WHO defining levels www.who.int...

Phases 1–3 correlate with preparedness, including capacity development and response planning activities, while Phases 4–6 clearly signal the need for response and mitigation efforts. Furthermore, periods after the first pandemic wave are elaborated to facilitate post pandemic recovery activities.

I think the main purpose of WHO is monitoring virus/disease activity not imposing restrictions. They report their findings to the "deciders" it's left to local/federal governments to proceed as they see fit.

I think level 6 is a bit more than providing information for us to choose to react to or not. The door is open as to what government might decide to do with the information provided by WHO. I've read the guidelines for pandemic preparedness planning for my state it probably wouldn't hurt to have a look at yours.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Excellent site here, tells you everything to expect if a pandemic strikes and how to prepare

Get Pandemic Ready

PS) I watched the WHO conference today. No plans yet to go to 6, no plans for another emergency meeting, and if it does go to 6 this does not mean people will start dying left right and centre - it's to do with the spread of infection , not necessarily the SEVERITY of the virus itself. This wave may well continue to be mild but spread everywhere. It may come back stronger in the winter as the WHO spokesperson said in which case then it will really be time to worry.

[edit on 3/5/09 by cosmicpixie]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join