It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Walking well' flood hospitals over swine hysteria

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Ah glad to hear my rant fell on sympathetic ears.
We normally work 12 hr shifts, but I couldn't leave my colleagues getting ran over like that so I stayed 4 extra. I probably would've stayed longer, but state staffing laws only allow me to stay 4 hours over on any given day.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The very first trickles of swine flu news came in on Saturday, my mom was in the emergency clinic on Sunday. I do feel for all of the health care workers who have to deal with people like her. How you manage not to slap them at least once makes you much much much stronger than me.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The dreaded double post

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Alora]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
In Mexico many of those tested who were negative for H1N1 were positive for other flus.

I like how those who are really sick are being made into horrible people.

Sheep indeed.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

None of the people here were actually sick. NONE. Our census was not at all above normal (indicating no new admissions), excluding of course the ED filled with people suffering from smoker's cough or scratchy throats or allergies. We undoubtedly went through a week's worth of Cepacol amd Zyrtec in a single evening.

On another note, I's really sick of "sheep" and "deny ignorance." Think about it. Spewing the same thing constantly really only makes you a different form of "sheep," don't you think?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnivea
reply to post by Aeons

None of the people here were actually sick. NONE. Our census was not at all above normal (indicating no new admissions), excluding of course the ED filled with people suffering from smoker's cough or scratchy throats or allergies. We undoubtedly went through a week's worth of Cepacol amd Zyrtec in a single evening.

On another note, I's really sick of "sheep" and "deny ignorance." Think about it. Spewing the same thing constantly really only makes you a different form of "sheep," don't you think?

That isn't true. People are not being tested for any other flu strain BUT H1N1. Which makes sense because the labs don't have the capacity to do so.

There has been a late season mutation in one of the H2N3 strains that has increased its infectivity late in the season. There is also one seriously vicious corona virus (cold) going around right now.

Most of the people tested in April in Mexico who came up as negative for H1N1, DID test positive for a new outbreak of H2N3.

That means, people coming in are sick. They are sick with a new strain. They just aren't sick with H1N1.

Then people like you lap up the condescending attitudes that say that people aren't qualified enough to judge their own health, and spread it around so that people who actually do need to go in to be administrered too won't because they don't want to be seen as "one of those people." The people who really are sick and are being pissed upon for not being able to personally identify a virus that in their system like they have a personal labratory in their brain.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Ok, so it's "not true" that none of the people here were admitted? I'm sorry, I was under the impression that I had the census stats for this hospital.

Also, yes there were random tests of patients with flu symptoms as this is a densely populated area with several airports and (at the time) several suspected cases.

Summed up, it appears that you're still missing my point, which is that no one here actually had anything wrong with them.

But you're right. We had triple the ER capacity on the day that they raised the alert level (for the first time since I started here) but that was purely coincidental.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'm sure that there will be a minor increase in resource usage by those who are effected that way. It'll spike and then go down.

You however are generalizing that to the whole population, and to all situations. This ignores that there is a dual outbreak confirmed in Mexico, and those people were sick.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join