It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media won't upload

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I'm trying to upload my first video to the media portal.

When I press the upload button it goes inactive but there is no indication that anything is being uploaded. The video is only 30meg and I have waited for over 4 hours. When I hover over the upload button it shows a regular arrow indicating it cannot be pressed again.

Should there be some kind of indication that a file is being transferred such as a rotating icon or progress bar? How long should I wait for a file to upload before trying again? The instructions say up to 5 minute per meg but its been much longer than that. The progress bar in the upload box has been solid blue since I browsed to the file. My account shows that I have no media uploaded.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Well, over 24 hours and no ideas yet.

Could someone please tell me what is supposed to happen when the upload button is pressed so I can do some trouble shooting? For instance does a new window pop up showing the progress of the upload? Does the original page change? Does the page stay the same until the upload completes? Is there any type of rotating icon or progress bar at all to show progress?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Hello? Hellooooooooooooo? Its awfully lonely in here! Can anybody hear me? Did all of the mods get abducted and replaced by giant seed pods?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Hello, try this area out im sure you will find immediate respononse.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Thanks, I did try to post at that thread for a while but removed it because there was no response for quite a while and reading the other posts I got the impression that my post was off topic. The thread seemed more for issues that people had with the way the site was run rather than technical issues. If this thread doesn't work I'll go back there.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
There is a contact us button on top which sends emails to the site owners, not sure if that helps at all. But you can see who the moderators are and send them a direct u2u message, that will draw their attention to you.

Have checked to see that all the requirements are met as far as uploading a video.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

I had a similar issue a few weeks back. It ended up being my Firefox browser when I want to upload videos it would do that. Dont ask me why, so for uploading videos I just use IE if you are using one try the other or visa a versa.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes, I switched to IE and now it is working.
Thanks.

top topics

join