It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paterson Burned By A Racial 'Fire'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Paterson Burned By a Racial 'Fire'

www.nypost.com

ALBANY -- Gov. Paterson, who raised state taxes by $8 billion last month, just cost state taxpayers $300,000 more.

The state has secretly settled an embarrassing federal racial-discrimination lawsuit, The Post has learned. The suit accused Paterson, back when he was Senate minority leader in 2003, of firing a white Senate photographer in order to replace him with an African-American.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-5-2009 by TheAssociate]

edit to fix headline

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Isn't it time to end racism of all varieties? The Glass Ceiling has been broken: we have an African-American president. It is time to stop hiring based on race and begin hiring on skill. Affirmative Action has always been detrimental to productivity because it forces employers to hire based on the color of one's skin rather than the skills one brings to the table. Isn't that the ultimate form of discrimination: giving someone a job they aren't qualified for as a hand-out? It's time to stop this.

TA

www.nypost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

I certainly agree. Affirmative action looks great on paper, however we are sacrifcing productivity and the overall quality of the product in order to be politically correct.

I mean, this worked great in the 70's and 80's when employers of all sorts were only hiring whites, and the white guy at McDonald's can do the same job than the black guy can.

Now that our world has grown and the jobs they are giving these people are of very high importance, we need to get rid of this dated system and simply hire as you say on the principle of skill, knowledge and leadership.

~Keeper

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

My thoughts exactly.

In a way i'm glad to see this lawsuit. Sure, it's bad for taxpayers but it's good for starting a course toward the end of affirmative action. If enough people stand up and say "enough is enough" and file suit, maybe we can see this regulation repealed soon. Thanks for the reply, star for you.

TA

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
....I think it's safe to say we're all equal, well, those who are equal, I mean they are some dumb white people, and dumb black people.

On the other hand there are some smart white people and smart black people, (Sorry asians, japs, etc for not including you, your there as well
)

Some people still are living in the juvenile age, we should get out of thinking my race is better then yours, and move on to, humanity is the greatest race, and thus become the greatest race. We tare down these borders, we could accomplish alot, along with religious persecution with the religions!

new topics

top topics

join