It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The POPE smokes Cigarettes too........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I hope i put this in the right category.

So the POPE smokes also, Weeelllll, God bless him. I was just wandering if he would give us other smokers a good blessing or two.

Confronted with the photograph, a second Vatican source bristled at the suggestion that Pope Benedict was smoking not like a first-timer, but like a seasoned pro.

POPE smoking a cigarette

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
OK. So? I used to ski with a Catholic priest who definitely enjoyed smoking a cigarette and drinking a glass of wine in the evening. As far as I know, this isn't against Catholic doctrine, is it?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Well not if you're one of those "I only use the rules when it's convenient for me" kind of priest.

It's really just Ironic that the man leading Christianity use to be a Hitler Youth, Smokes and that's probably the least of his little behavioural problems.

~Keeper

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Man, he looks pretty cool with that ciggie.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7cb8f63da6e.jpeg[/atsimg]

All Reservoir Dogs and junk.

Not sure why this matters enough to have its own ATS thread.

Edit: Ah, a BTS move.

[edit on 3 May 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
But the Holy Father is in no danger because he has access to the Illuminati's secret cancer cure-all. That's why he can smoke a lot and not get sick.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Pope is old school and probably smoke unfiltered cigs. No, but seriously I think he falls into that "once you have reached a certain age, you can do what you want" category.

edit to add: does anyone remember the band "Smoking Popes" that were around circa 1995? I still have their cd.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Totalstranger]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Well not if you're one of those "I only use the rules when it's convenient for me" kind of priest.

It's really just Ironic that the man leading Christianity use to be a Hitler Youth, Smokes and that's probably the least of his little behavioural problems.

~Keeper

Sounds like you have a lot more issues than the Pope just enjoying a cigarette. Carrying that much hatred around inside cannot be healthy.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

OK. So? I used to ski with a Catholic priest who definitely enjoyed smoking a cigarette and drinking a glass of wine in the evening.

A glass of wine? I was seated next to one on an overseas trip to England and we got so trashed together we could barely manage off the plane.

Back to the topic...

I don't think it's a sin to smoke, well, it probably is, but I mean cmon, hes the freaking pope, I think the man can smoke a cigarette every now and again without his boss upstairs getting upset.

And he does kinda look all "reservoir dogs" like
next he will pull out the holy glock and start popping some papal caps in herratic ass.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Some of the biggest smoking, drinking and swearing people I have ever met have been Priests, all that celibacy can not be good.

However, who really cares?

I'd prefer it if I saw a photo of him smoking a 'big' fag.
(Note to our colonial cousins, a fag in the UK is a cigarette, not a homosexual, that conjours up all sorts of sordid accusations that I just do not want to go into!)

top topics

join