It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 injured after Cowboys' practice bubble collapses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

4 injured after Cowboys' practice bubble collapses

video.google.com

RVING, Texas (AP) — Four Dallas Cowboys staff members were injured Saturday when the roof of the team's indoor practice facility collapsed.

Cowboys spokesman Rich Dalrymple said all players and coaches were accounted for, and he didn't know the extent of the injuries to the four staff members, who were hospitalized.

Rescue personnel were still going through the debris to make sure everyone was accounted for, Dalrymple said.

Irving fire-rescue officials ordered all reporters and team personnel away from the immediate area.

The roof is a large air-supported canopy with aluminum f
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I am watching the Vid on CNN right now... I will work to get it up for comment and comsumption...
Football while perhaps trivial to some New Age ATS'ers... I find its quite tactical. It can use complex plays, while still amusing naked-painted humanoid droves.
I quite enjoy throwing the football side arm, a great worout, especiall after a nice Toke.

I doubt this is swine related, but the Vid is fantastic....

video.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
here is the basic youtube

COLLAPSE OF 09

Try to use discretion in your humor.. my points keep evaporating after some borderline funny comments.... lol

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Seven are confirmed injured now,one critically.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Good thing they were wearing helmets.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
ATS/BTS is my news link.
I actually live in Irving, just down the street from the practice facility, but am in Phoenix for the weekend. Didn't even know there were sever thunderstorms back home today.
I sure hope my boys are ok.

...This must be Jessica's fault.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I also live just a few miles up the road and was actually driving through this storm when it passed through. It was definitely intense but there was not tornado; straight line winds only.

One of the cowboy's staff members is paralyzed from the waist down. This is unfortunate. Also, I read somwhere that this isn't the first time that this brand of structure has collapsed.

-Dev

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Well Howdy there neighbor!

Why would Jerry Jones build this facility the way he did?
He obviously tried to save some money by building that bubble, but now you can almost bet there will be lawsuits coming his way.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Now there are 12 injured. One of which has been permanatley paralyzed.

Rick Behm is his name.

What a shame huh? But how about those cowboys digging through the rubble immediatley after it collapsed, looking for people? There is something to be proud of.

This incident could have been MUCH worse. We are lucky it wasnt.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Well Howdy there neighbor!

Why would Jerry Jones build this facility the way he did?
He obviously tried to save some money by building that bubble,

Howdy Neighbor! Now, there's something I thought I'd never hear. Jones is a guy that isn't afraid to spend money, especially if it attracts media attention. Case in point, the new stadium. I think there is more responsibility on the construction company that built it rather than Jones himself.

-Dev

new topics

top topics

join