It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For All You Hypochondriacs With "Flu" Like Symptoms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This interesting, I went shopping today all day, also went to the gym and in my neck of the woods looks like people doesn't even care that is a "swain flu pandemic around them", our state is still with not know flu cases, also I have not heard anybody that I know complaining about anything, (well beside my daughter's bad case of allergies).

I have to tell you people but around where I am not body is worrying about anything but the economy and the prices of goods starting to get higher.

And yes is people still going to the doctors complaining as usual but that happens all the time.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It's true though. If you feel sick, being at home on ATS looking for information is not going to help you feel better. Going to the doctor probably will.

Sorry but that's the truth. This isn't something to be applying conspiracy theories to if you have a 103 fever and a cough and a headache and stomach problems and there's an outbreak close to where you live/where you've been traveling.

Really like, you can talk about FEMA and the microchips and all that -after- you feel better.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by son of PC
reply to post by tothetenthpower

How dare you!!!

What about:
" a stitch in time saves nine"

" an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"

" if you are going to panic, you might as well panic early"

I say you're wrong. I say it is for real and will come in waves. This is just the first wave. It seems like a repeat of the 1918 Spanish flu.

Well now since the Personal Computer did not appear to the late 1980's and you are the Son of the Personal Computer...I am going to go out on a limb here and say you weren't there in 1918 to know?

Now I am 45 years old and my Grand Parents talked about the Flu of 1918 who were both alive in 1918, and coincidentally happened to also be alive in the 1970's when they told me their personal recollections of the day.

Six months from now you might be able to accurately make such a statement and for it to be factual...but right now I have to inform you a lot of Flus have come and gone in the last 91 years and no one who has made such a claim as you are now has yet to be correct about it.

Use your microprocessor to run the calculations on the odds that there is any validity to your statement now.

Thanks!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Anyone who has symptoms, and not in an area where it is located, don't panic. Don't panic even if you live in an area where a case was confirmed.

I live in PA near Pittsburgh, and have the cold at least if not some type of flu. I get them frequently, well as long as some one around me has it, I'll get it.

Anyhow, I called my doctor, and was told unless I have a high fever or any thing unusual I don't need to go in. Drink plenty of fluids.

Since I'm the sole provider in my family, I had to go to work. I work unless I'm in the ER or under quarantine. I'm a security guard, and today I wasn't in contact with many people. Maybe a handful. I kept a Kleenex in my hand to cover all my coughs, and tried not to touch much of anything. When I could clean what I touched.

I told any one I considered getting close to such as standing in the isle, and the other person is on the other side of the desk. Plenty of room. No one really reacted at all.

Then my relief comes, and I let him know. He practically flips out on me saying you know what is going on in the news. I said I know, but it is only a cold. I get sick frequently, and the symptoms are all the same as when I got sick before. The only ones who have died have been in Mexico. No one in PA has contracted it, and I haven't been around anyone in Mexico.

He let up a little after I told him I got it off of the morning guard, whom I relieved last Monday. He came in, said he had a stuffy nose, and it was nothing to worry about. Yea, right. I should have cleaned everything in there as soon as stepped in the guard shack. At least I cleaned everything I touched and used before my relief came. Later on in the week, I saw him, and he was fine with out a hint of sickness.

I suspect this will run another week before I get over it. It started out as a scratchy throat, and turned into a stuffy nose, coughing, tiredness. Taking cold medicine mainly for stuffy nose, wish I had some NyQuil though. The liquid helps my throat. I take advil for any extra aches I have. I have a sore throat spray, but wish I had halls instead. I'm broke right now. Maybe next Friday if I still have any symptoms, I can buy some halls.

I wonder, since I seem to catch every flu that comes along, if I might have more of a likely hood of surviving this swine flu, or another that would cause a pandemic that is killing a lot of others?

I never have taken the flu shot. I'm always afraid I'll get sick with that, and it actually may be worse than if I just caught it naturally.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The swain flu is mimicking the seasonal flu, but with an extra symptom among others that you have to watch for, diarrhea and vomiting.

If you have at least 103 fever and diarrhea and vomiting that doesn't get better after two days, probably you may have a flu which one well you will have to be tested for it, but that should be enough to send you to the doctor.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by marg6043]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thegreatobserver

This is an amazing post, and I am sorry but it made me laugh so hard.
I know so many people like this in real life but they don't go over board and will be like "I have a cough hehe maybe I have the bird flu JUST KIDDING"
But I know somewhere in their heads they really aren't kidding.

But yeah, If I thought I had the flu I'd be at the doctors.

What gets me is this people freak about thinking they've had it when they more then likely haven't even been in contact with anyone who has it or has been to Mexico some of them are people who never leave their own basements no offense to be made I rarely leave my house.
So they think they have it for really no reason at all besides a mind f-ck then go to the hospital expose themselves and then end up with what they fear or worse, it's priceless.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the posts people.

I appreciate the imput and most here are echoing my point. There needs to be less panic and more intelligent precaution and a hospital visit if necesssary.

As Raven said, talking about your symptoms here on ATS isn't going to make you any better, probably just a little more paranoid

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join