It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Alien skull' spotted on Mars

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Your statement seems a little contradictory is all. I am glad to hear that you also realize it is just a rock. I admitted looks like a skull, somewhat. It does not however look exactly like a skull, human or otherwise. There is no symetry and the bottom is solid all the way around.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

Or the bottom consists of two stones which the remains of the skull is resting on.

Anything is possible!

I would be much more inclined to investigate that object in my post than the one on the OP.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Any organic object would have been eroded to dust in a matter of a few years in that environment.

Rocks on the other hand last quite a bit longer.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Then maybe you are willing to answer the question I keep asking but not one person who believes it is a skull is willing to answer.

Why would there be a skull in the middle of nothing. What could possibly have been the situation that afte time, the only thing left is a skull and not one bit of inorganic material, buildings, structures, suits?

Why would everything else be gone and yet one of the most fragile things is still sitting there? Where did the person that skull belonged to come from? Where were they going? How did they get there? A skeleton would be gone long before any of the items that seem necessary such as a transport or buildings or any other reason for a creature that had a head to be wandering around. Where did all that stuff go?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I believe it's a rock. That said, let's play some devil's advocate:

1. Bones aren't able to withstand Mar's eroding capabilities... If it is a skull, who says their bone matter is anything like ours? How do we know that their bone matter couldn't withstand the violent erosion so prominent on Mars?

2. The "triangular" back of the skull... See #1, and then take into account it could have eroded into the "triangle" you see, but since it's resistant to erosion, it does not erode very fast. Could also account for the "dulling" of other features.

3. It's only a skull... How do we know they actually have a skeletal system aside from the skull? Perhaps they are like giant slugs, with a skull-encased brain, but a gelatinous or muscular system underneath, by which they are propelled. Perhaps they are like headcrabs, or the skull-only flood on Halo?

Again, I believe it's only a rock, but these are just a few questions that popped into my head as I was reading the "debunking" of it by the various posters. I personally believe it's not alien, because I'm not entirely sure aliens will have the humanoid features we're used to seeing in graphical representations and such. It's much more probable that they will look like complete monsters, as it may be.

edit: Oh, and symmetry: Why do aliens have to be symmetric, again? Did I miss this rule somewhere?

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Highground]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Highground
edit: Oh, and symmetry: Why do aliens have to be symmetric, again? Did I miss this rule somewhere?

Yes you did. Go to school.

As for the other ideas you posted, ok fine they only have a skull that is capable of withstanding intense erosion. What did it use to get there? Where did it come from? Why are there no remnants of that?

It is really quite simple. There is no logical way a skull would just be sitting in the middle of nowhere on Mars, no matter what it is made of.

Nature is symetrical. It has to do with physics and biology. Devil's advocate is fun but not when it is just silly nonsense.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate

Yes you did. Go to school.

As for the other ideas you posted, ok fine they only have a skull that is capable of withstanding intense erosion. What did it use to get there? Where did it come from? Why are there no remnants of that?

It is really quite simple. There is no logical way a skull would just be sitting in the middle of nowhere on Mars, no matter what it is made of.

Nature is symetrical. It has to do with physics and biology. Devil's advocate is fun but not when it is just silly nonsense.

Maybe you shouldn't assume something such as that. And perhaps you shouldn't assume you know more about "biology" and "physics" than I do. Let me explain something, perhaps you can understand:

What we "know" about "biology" is what we have witnessed. It is by no means law, nor is it written in stone. There is nothing to say that our "laws" wouldn't be completely shattered by an alien civilization. The same also applies for physics, which is what bothers me so much when I hear people saying things such as, "OMG THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE, IT'D BREAK THE LAWS OF PHYSICS." The "laws" of "physics" are not guaranteed, they are mere conjecture that has been proven over and over again to US. However, we haven't discovered anywhere CLOSE to everything about the universe.

Perhaps you have seen everything in the universe there is to see, and are prepared to share your knowledge here? If not, perhaps you should not be so arrogant as to assume that you, and we, know everything there is to know about everything.

Also - you would know, having completed a high school biology class, that bilateral symmetry (or radial) is prevalent in nature, however, it is not the "rule." Go look at sea sponges (porifera).

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Also - you would know, having completed a high school biology class, that bilateral symmetry (or radial) is prevalent in nature, however, it is not the "rule." Go look at sea sponges (porifera).

Are you trying to claim I am looking at the skull of a sea sponge?

If you want to believe that on mars aliens have asymetrical skulls, good for you. I for one will have to wait until someone brings one to me to see for myself.

In the meantime, I am going to stick to the rules I know. We know that the laws that govern our galaxy are the same laws that govern other galaxies. We know that many rules of physics apply to suns and subsequent planets throughout the universe. Why should I assume that those laws are everywhere but the shape of an organism varies so much so that it no longer even makes sense?

If you really want to belabor the point, then address the actual question I originally asked that I claimed was repeatedly dodged. Now you have dodged it as well. I guess holding logic up to you is painful. Sorry about that but I have a valid question and anyone that wants to promote the idea of skulls randomly strewn on Mars should address it instead of fleeing from it as they have.

Since you are joining them in the corner, can you at least tell me why you dodged my question? Why do you think the others are as well?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Are you trying to claim I am looking at the skull of a sea sponge?

If you want to believe that on mars aliens have asymetrical skulls, good for you. I for one will have to wait until someone brings one to me to see for myself.

I am "claiming" that everything in nature is not symmetrical, as you unequivocally said it was. This defeats your point, period. There are things that exist in nature that are not symmetrical, therefore it is not a "rule," as you put it.

In the meantime, I am going to stick to the rules I know. We know that the laws that govern our galaxy are the same laws that govern other galaxies. We know that many rules of physics apply to suns and subsequent planets throughout the universe. Why should I assume that those laws are everywhere but the shape of an organism varies so much so that it no longer even makes sense?

You do not "know." That is the point. Again, you must be quite arrogant when you assume you know the ins and outs of the universe. Why not write a thesis or perhaps use it as a topic for your doctorate, since you seem so well-versed in physics, metaphysics, and environmental biology. What you don't seem to grasp is that alien forms do not have to be humanoid. They COULD be sea sponges, for all we know. They could also be humanoid. The point is, no one knows, nor does anyone claim to. Except you.

If you really want to belabor the point, then address the actual question I originally asked that I claimed was repeatedly dodged. Now you have dodged it as well. I guess holding logic up to you is painful. Sorry about that but I have a valid question and anyone that wants to promote the idea of skulls randomly strewn on Mars should address it instead of fleeing from it as they have.

Since you are joining them in the corner, can you at least tell me why you dodged my question? Why do you think the others are as well?

Random fragments of skeletons appear in various places on earth, as well. Perhaps that was in the middle of a river bed, and the remains were carried away. Maybe their craft or whatever, left this being in haste, or died while an expeditionary force from somewhere else was there, and was abandoned. Perhaps there was an explosion, somewhere else, and the craft was destroyed, buried, something, but due to the tenacity of their skulls, it was one of the only surviving objects.

There are millions of probable scenarios that could have played out. Millions of variables, and your lack of proof does not qualify as proof itself.

And while we're on the topic of dodging points, I like how you nitpick what I say, and only "prove" things you "think" are right. How about my other, just as valid points that you so kindly and carefully chose to ignore?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I am "claiming" that everything in nature is not symmetrical, as you unequivocally said it was. This defeats your point, period. There are things that exist in nature that are not symmetrical, therefore it is not a "rule," as you put it.

Please show me one creature that has an asymetrical skull. Just one.

You do not "know." That is the point. Again, you must be quite arrogant when you assume you know the ins and outs of the universe. Why not write a thesis or perhaps use it as a topic for your doctorate, since you seem so well-versed in physics, metaphysics, and environmental biology. What you don't seem to grasp is that alien forms do not have to be humanoid. They COULD be sea sponges, for all we know. They could also be humanoid. The point is, no one knows, nor does anyone claim to. Except you.

For one thing, I am going off what I have read from well established scientists who have written all the papers you could want. I would be repeating their work and what would that prove? Perhaps you should explain to them how they are so wrong.

Do you know what metaphysics is? It has not entered into this conversation once other than you saying it. I am starting to understand you now though.

Sea sponges would not be the only life form on the planet. If there were sea sponges on mars, there would be other creatures unless you are suggesting that something such as a sea slug would have the dexterity to build and pilot a space ship.

Random fragments of skeletons appear in various places on earth, as well. Perhaps that was in the middle of a river bed, and the remains were carried away. Maybe their craft or whatever, left this being in haste, or died while an expeditionary force from somewhere else was there, and was abandoned. Perhaps there was an explosion, somewhere else, and the craft was destroyed, buried, something, but due to the tenacity of their skulls, it was one of the only surviving objects.

Earth has many many many other structures on it. I highly doubt anyone could stumble upon our earth, only find a skull, and have no clue where it might have come from. That is just silly.

All of your other scenarios are semi logical but really still wishfull thinking. What are the odds that an alien creature was abandoned in the exact spot our rover would be taking pictures. Do you know the size of Mars?

There are millions of probable scenarios that could have played out. Millions of variables, and your lack of proof does not qualify as proof itself.

No, there is not. You could barely come up with 2. You then tried to make the second one into 3 different ones itself but it does not work that way. You struggled and came up with 2 and then go on to say there are millions? I will give you 1000 dollars for 1000 DIFFERENT scenarios. Seriously. This is an actual offer and not a joke.

My lack of proof? What about your lack of proof or anyone else who is pushing this bogus idea? All there are is pictures of rocks that semi resemble things we think might be skulls. Find those asymetrical skulls yet? Keep looking, I can wait. What proof has anyone pushing that agenda offered? Why is my lack of proof any more or less reliable than their lack of proof?

And while we're on the topic of dodging points, I like how you nitpick what I say, and only "prove" things you "think" are right. How about my other, just as valid points that you so kindly and carefully chose to ignore?

I only ignore things that really do not deserve to be repeated or addressed. If it really bothers you, pack them all into one post and I will respond to each and every one, ok. I never mean to dodge anything. For the record, if you have a good point, that means I would agree. If I agree, I am not going to address it either. Do you want cheerleaders too?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It is a rock.

The Torygraph (Telegraph) is a well known outlet for the secret services and non-stories like this are purely put out to deflect the flames of public opinion from the true enemy - the corporotcracy that put profit before humanity, please ignore these fear mongering spooks.

Cheers.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Please show me one creature that has an asymetrical skull. Just one.

Go look at a flounder. Flat fish are also known for being asymmetrical.

For one thing, I am going off what I have read from well established scientists who have written all the papers you could want. I would be repeating their work and what would that prove? Perhaps you should explain to them how they are so wrong.

Care to cite your sources? Because I would LOVE to see a scientist say that everything in nature is symmetrical.

Do you know what metaphysics is? It has not entered into this conversation once other than you saying it. I am starting to understand you now though.

Sea sponges would not be the only life form on the planet. If there were sea sponges on mars, there would be other creatures unless you are suggesting that something such as a sea slug would have the dexterity to build and pilot a space ship.

The sea sponge was my example that we are not sure what aliens look like - they may even resemble sea sponges, for all we know. I was not suggesting sea sponges live on mars. Read. Take it in. Let it process. You seem to have trouble comprehending simple things.

Earth has many many many other structures on it. I highly doubt anyone could stumble upon our earth, only find a skull, and have no clue where it might have come from. That is just silly.

All of your other scenarios are semi logical but really still wishfull thinking. What are the odds that an alien creature was abandoned in the exact spot our rover would be taking pictures. Do you know the size of Mars?

You find it easily believable that we could not POSSIBLY land in the same spot as a skull, assuming it's the only skull. What if it is not? We have only explored a tiny percentage of Mars with the rovers, and again, to say you know about every piece of rock, bone, fossil, whatever, on the surface of mars would be a bit outlandish at this point in time. You don't know that not too far away isn't a freakin' graveyard of alien bones, the rover just didn't go there. We could play the "what if" game all day. My point is, there are logical explantions that a lone skull could appear. If you are just going to say "Well! That can't be! Because it just can't! Wishful thinking! Defies logic!" then I say that you should stop your trolling, and move on. Isn't that what ATS is about? Discussing... Oh, what's that word? Phenomena?

No, there is not. You could barely come up with 2. You then tried to make the second one into 3 different ones itself but it does not work that way. You struggled and came up with 2 and then go on to say there are millions? I will give you 1000 dollars for 1000 DIFFERENT scenarios. Seriously. This is an actual offer and not a joke.

I chose to only list a few, because, frankly, I have better things to do than list a million scenarios on why a rock on Mars could possibly be a skull to someone too ignorant and naive to even consider it a possibility.

My lack of proof? What about your lack of proof or anyone else who is pushing this bogus idea? All there are is pictures of rocks that semi resemble things we think might be skulls. Find those asymetrical skulls yet? Keep looking, I can wait. What proof has anyone pushing that agenda offered? Why is my lack of proof any more or less reliable than their lack of proof?

Because we have a picture, you have false logic. You have these "articles" you read that claim everything in nature is symmetrical, and that appears to be one of the strong points of your argument. That is no longer a valid point. You have also tried to explain it away by saying, "Oh! What are the chances of this happening?" Well, what are the chances of the primordial soup forming on a small planet in the middle of the universe, via a product of chemical reactions that just HAPPENED to take place all at the same time, all in the same area? Just because there is a low chance does NOT make it impossible.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Go look at a flounder. Flat fish are also known for being asymmetrical.

Skull! I said show me one skull that is asymetrical. Did you miss that part?

Care to cite your sources? Because I would LOVE to see a scientist say that everything in nature is symmetrical.

I was talking about the universe, then you responded in kind and in my reply, I was obviously still talking about the universe. That is different from the symetry discussion and I never once said that every THING in nature is symetrical. You are confusing the issue.

The sea sponge was my example that we are not sure what aliens look like - they may even resemble sea sponges, for all we know. I was not suggesting sea sponges live on mars. Read. Take it in. Let it process. You seem to have trouble comprehending simple things.

I know what you meant and it does not change anything. I know you did not mean ACTUAL EARTH sea sponges. You used shorthand and i continued it. Say that I have trouble comprehending things? You are having a really hard time keeping up here. Each post has the original reply in it so you can follow along. I wish you would pay attention. I do not care what planet they came from or what they are called, if they even remotely resembled sea sponges, my entire statement stands as it is.

Nice Dodge on the Metaphysics, I liked that.

You find it easily believable that we could not POSSIBLY land in the same spot as a skull, assuming it's the only skull. What if it is not? We have only explored a tiny percentage of Mars with the rovers, and again, to say you know about every piece of rock, bone, fossil, whatever, on the surface of mars would be a bit outlandish at this point in time. You don't know that not too far away isn't a freakin' graveyard of alien bones, the rover just didn't go there. We could play the "what if" game all day. My point is, there are logical explantions that a lone skull could appear. If you are just going to say "Well! That can't be! Because it just can't! Wishful thinking! Defies logic!" then I say that you should stop your trolling, and move on. Isn't that what ATS is about? Discussing... Oh, what's that word? Phenomena?

No, we cannot play 'what if' all day long. You are just talking pure fantasy now. If there was a graveyard just a few feet away then a whole other set of logistics comes into play that we can prove without a doubt is not true. I love your enthusiasm but, it is just a rock.

I chose to only list a few, because, frankly, I have better things to do than list a million scenarios on why a rock on Mars could possibly be a skull to someone too ignorant and naive to even consider it a possibility.

Because I do not believe a rock that almost kind of sort of a little bit resembles a skull is a skull, I am ignorant and naive? I am not sure you know what those words mean.

Because we have a picture, you have false logic. You have these "articles" you read that claim everything in nature is symmetrical, and that appears to be one of the strong points of your argument. That is no longer a valid point. You have also tried to explain it away by saying, "Oh! What are the chances of this happening?" Well, what are the chances of the primordial soup forming on a small planet in the middle of the universe, via a product of chemical reactions that just HAPPENED to take place all at the same time, all in the same area? Just because there is a low chance does NOT make it impossible.

LOL. A picture of what exactly? What is it a picture of? It is a picture of a rock. Prove it is not and then you will have some proof. Until then, you have as little as I do. I can say the exact same thing.

I know it is a rock because I have a friggin picture!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

1. The flounder's skull is asymmetrical. If you had looked into this, you would see what I was hoping to prove.

2. I see a skull in the picture, so I have proof it exists!

I'm not feeding your nonsensical debate. I don't even think it's a fricking skull, anyway, and clearly stated so to begin with. Find someone else to troll.

kthx

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

1. The flounder's skull is asymmetrical. If you had looked into this, you would see what I was hoping to prove.

Show me.

I see a rock in the picture, so I have proof it does not.

I'm not feeding your nonsensical debate. I don't even think it's a fricking skull, anyway, and clearly stated so to begin with. Find someone else to troll.

Sweety, you picked it up with me. I know you claimed to not believe it is a skull. Why else would it be so very entertaining to watch you then spend pages defending the fact that it was. I simply addressed that. You could not let it go. Hey, you are the one spending all this time defending and promoting something you claim not to believe in. I hope you enjoyed that.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Show me.

Sweety, you picked it up with me. I know you claimed to not believe it is a skull. Why else would it be so very entertaining to watch you then spend pages defending the fact that it was. I simply addressed that. You could not let it go. Hey, you are the one spending all this time defending and promoting something you claim not to believe in. I hope you enjoyed that.

I did enjoy making a mockery of you and what you believe.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Show me.

Nonsensical? It is the EXACT SAME ARGUMENT YOU PUT UP. Why is my silly and you saying the exact same thing is not?

I did enjoy making a mockery of you and what you believe.

Really? It is the same thing that you believe. So what was so fun about telling me that when I use your logic it is stupid but when you use it, it is brilliant and then you enjoyed making a mockery of what both you and I believe? ATS needs a troll filter so badly. Thank you for finally admitting you are only on this thread to argue about nothing and then toss insults around. I have faith anyone reading your posts sees that you are making no sense.

You say, "I see a skull in the picture so I have proof it is." and that is somehow a really worthwhile statement.

I said "I see a rock in the picture so I have proof it is a rock." and it is nonsense???????

And to top it all off you say you enjoyed mocking my belief. Is that what these threads are for? Mocking what people believe? Seeing as how you believe it as well...what in god's name are you talking about?

Nevermind. Do not bother. I can talk to my autistic nephew if I want to hear a bunch of random words that are spoken with no intention or forthought. You can save your trolling for someone else.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by evil incarnate]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

It always struck me that the second image shows what you might expect to find in a dried flood plain: look at all the surroundings. I suppose it's going out on a limb to take the Velikovsky approach, but is it too far fetched to think that in the wake of some catastrophic event, just prior to all the water boiling off into the atmosphere, that vast waves might have wiped out and buried civilised areas?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
reply to post by Tenacitus

Wow, I found that object and cropped it from that link you posted.

What are the odds of a rock looking so much like the jawless remains of a human skull?

On Mars?

To me this is far more fascinating and mysterious than the rock in the OP.

The comparison of the two 'skulls' is what gets me. What are the odds of two rocks - not really all that far apart on the Martian surface - looking so much alike and (if you overlay them in Photoshop or something equivalent) have so many corresponding similarities? Sure it's just a thought exorcise, but I find it interesting...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tenacitus
The comparison of the two 'skulls' is what gets me. What are the odds of two rocks - not really all that far apart on the Martian surface - looking so much alike and (if you overlay them in Photoshop or something equivalent) have so many corresponding similarities? Sure it's just a thought exorcise, but I find it interesting...

Me too.

Even if it is just a rock, it sure sparks the imagination.

I cropped the object from the other image here:

You know, if you left a severed head on Mars I wonder how long it would take to end up looking like that?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join