It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Alien skull' spotted on Mars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Actually giraffes dont belong to the horse family at all......just thought id point that out......

second to me it just looks like a rock, maybe an unusual rock, but people can matrix in anything they wish to see, in just about anything.

Also i dont know the history of the pic, but.......the object in question looks out of place...photoshop maybe?

Like i said, dont know if its authentic, but if its not photoshopped then id vote just a rock

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Looks like a rock. Sorry.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
yes it looks like a rock.
but the surface of mars is desolate and forbidding. nothing but rock and dirt. bone would not withstand the conditions of mars for long. anything that is not stone or rock is now the dirt and dust that fills gaps.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf

Well it certainly looks interesting.

As it is from an Image taken directly from Spirit and released by Nasa until it can be proven to be tampered with it is imho the most Likely find from Spirit so far, it looks like it is weathered, more real than the previous Human one.

What we have here is a classic case of "Pareidolia" This is when we see faces in random patterns objects clouds,etc.The face recognition part of our brain is extremely good at picking out faces from crowds this was for our own survival as children to be able to recognize friends and family quickly and could mean life or death many years ago before languages were developed.

Religious
Further information: Perceptions of religious imagery in natural phenomena

There have been many instances of perceptions of religious imagery and themes, especially the faces of religious figures, in ordinary phenomena. Many involve images of Jesus, the Virgin Mary, or the word Allah.

In 1978, a New Mexican woman found that the burn marks on a tortilla she had made appeared similar to the traditional western depiction of Jesus Christ's face. Thousands of people came to see the framed tortilla.[1]

The recent publicity surrounding sightings of religious figures and other surprising images in ordinary objects, combined with the growing popularity of online auctions, has spawned a market for such items on eBay. One famous instance was a grilled cheese sandwich with the Virgin Mary's face.[2]

In September, 2007, the so-called "monkey tree phenomenon" caused a minor social mania in Singapore. A callus on a tree there resembles a monkey, and believers have flocked to the tree to pay homage to the Monkey God.[3]

[edit]

en.wikipedia.org...

It is a rock people,a rock an interesting shaped rock but a rock none the less.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
You know whats sad?

We had a newcomer who just joined a few days ago post this article a day or so ago and the razzing got so bad that his post was yanked. I think his name was
"billymeierforever"

Yeah I just checked it doesn't even show up in his profile as a post but it's still in "myATS" History.

Brand new! alien skull found on mars

[edit on 3-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I'm saying it's a rock too.

1) Look at the back of it. Why would there be aliens with triangular back ends of their skulls?

2)Why is it hominid looking?

3) Where are the rest of the bones? Surely that skull would have belonged to a head, which would have belonged to a body.

4) Where are the critters that the skull is of? If they are hiding, why did they leave a skull in the open, and if they aren't where are the rest of them? If they are extinct refer to number 3.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
also an intresting thing to think about would be if bone matter can survive on the the martian surface and in my own opinion it doesnt look symetrical like any type of skull it looks jagged and rough,in any case if it is a skull the nasa boys will be claming its just another rock the the mars face or the mars pyramid or even the martian footstep a few years ago

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

yet another thread showing yet another rock.

One day someone will find something legit and nobody will believe them because of all these people crying wolf.

I've seen chips that look like jesus, paint smears that look like the virgin mary, and clouds in the shape of puppies, it doesn't make it so.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
yes it looks like a rock.
but the surface of mars is desolate and forbidding. nothing but rock and dirt. bone would not withstand the conditions of mars for long. anything that is not stone or rock is now the dirt and dust that fills gaps.

Really, you seem very sure, when did you get back from mars then cause you seem to be ok so how long did you last then before your bones told you it was time to go before they started disintergrating

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
while some features look like a skull/face due to shadowing I strongly believe it is just a rock also. There are too many features that point to it NOT being a skull.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I'm sorry I wont get excited until the day arrives when they find something along these lines.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It could easily be a rock with holes all over it that look like eyes and a mouth but it looks interesting.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Look

marsrovers.nasa.gov...

its a polar bear, can you see it? Can you?
A polar bear on mars in black, who would have thought about that?

I realy think this is a rock. I admit, i can see a alien skull, but does that mean every cloud is a sheep a dragon or something else?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Funny how an object that looks like a rock is touted as a skull in the press when we have already seen so many objects that really do look like skulls on photos from Mars and has been diligently ignored by the same press.

[edit on 013131p://pm3154 by masonwatcher]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
MY GOD!!!!!!!!!

When will people stop being so desperate to prove something outlandishly untrue that they need to stoop to constantly posting pictures of rocks. So this alien was the only thing on the planet? Everything else that was there to give that alien a reason to be there is gone but it's skull remains??????

Do none of the people that post these mars rock looks like something else thread ever do any research on how things break down over time, buildings, flesh, bone, etc.......

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by restless genius

Really, you seem very sure, when did you get back from mars then cause you seem to be ok so how long did you last then before your bones told you it was time to go before they started disintergrating

And.....here we go. Allright, let's just say that doing any research into mars' climate would prove useless, as it seems to to you. Please, please explain to me how this alien skull is still there but NOT ONE OTHER THING. Did this alien build all of his stuff out of paper? Was it a race of aliens that build their city each day and tore it down each night and just got caught in the night? Any of the folks like you ever talk to an archeologist. Please go get one and see if he or she will come here to say that a skull sitting on a plane would far outlast any of the artificial materials it could ever had had in use.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Sorry i gotta say that looks like a rock. The back of it (i mean opposite the face looking side) is very pointy, like a rock.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

lol it was a joke, chill out evil.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by restless genius
reply to post by evil incarnate

lol it was a joke, chill out evil.

I am quite chilled. So are you saying that none of what you have written was sincere in any way? What do you mean by joke? Who are your comedy writers? Fire them. I guess I am just confused since I read what people write here and respond to it and then am told that it was a joke? Is there a way to flag your posts so that the rest of us know you really mean something completely different from what is actually written? Perhaps this place is not what it once was. Intelligent people having intelligent discussion. Now it is all jokes and lies. sad.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Thats just a rock, and your brain, which tries to make things look like familiar things is doing its job.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join