It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space travel not just for astronauts and UFOs anymore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Several private companies are moving forward on a variety of plans for commercial space travel. The efforts include sub-orbital vehicles as well as orbiting space-station habitats.

This is so cool. Imagine being the first person in your city to go into space. Imagine the things you could see. Maybe even a ufo or two.
Source

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Virgin Galactica will be up and running in a few years so this is nothing new,i think it costs just over a hundred grand a ticket though.But the prices should fall within 10 years or so.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Yeah, if you can foot the hundred thousand dollar fee to do such things.

I highly doubt this type of travel will catch on as a major industry until we have things like space platforms and moon bases for people to explore and stay on.

Someh ow taking my vacation on a cramped, gravity-less tube in the middle of space just doesn't seem like it would be alot of fun.

I mean, I will give you that being in space and seeing the real thing would be pretty amazing, I would love and would pay for a trip up there and back down, perhaps just a day or two, but it woulnt' be worth the money they are asking for it.

~Keeper

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I would applaud this great commercial movement...... but we are already having enough trouble with slow moving birds downing planes. Who really wants to screw around with speed of sound microasteroids!

Just sounds like, well a death trap....

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It's a good start and as with anything over time it will become cheeper , safer and more available to the masses , not to mention the tech advances it would naturally bring .

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy

Several private companies are moving forward on a variety of plans for commercial space travel. The efforts include sub-orbital vehicles as well as orbiting space-station habitats.

This is so cool. Imagine being the first person in your city to go into space. Imagine the things you could see. Maybe even a ufo or two.
Source

Hopefully a bunch of people can pool some money together to send Logician magician to space so he can see that the earth is in fact NOT FLAT.

But, since he has absolutely no sense of logic as his name would suggest, it may not even be enough to sway his opinion.

The earth is Flat, Proof in Model [FARCE]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I wonder what the luggage fees will be on that ..

I kid I kid, it's great, not my thing, but still ...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I only wish they would drop the price. If they dropped it I would consider getting a ticket.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Oh King you made my day with that one.

Brilliant, yeah it would be worth it to send some of these nay-sayers (Or Crazies as I like to put it) to space just to tell them hey look, we ORBIT the sun, we have a ROUND planet and the stars aren't reflections.

~Keeper

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'd sell my house to get a ticket..and i mean that quite literally.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Here's another route. The Xtreme version.
www.copenhagensuborbitals.com...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I have a question if we have UFOS already why invent something that we already have?

new topics

top topics

join