It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Swine Flu" Panic Doesn't Fly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If you believe there is a "Swine Flu" pandemic, get your pulse down to under 100, take some deep breaths and calm down. No matter what you have been hearing, disregard the panic triggers and digest the common sense info. Look at the numbers. The US population is more than 300 Million but the number of "confirmed" cases of the "Swine Flu" is tiny and treatment is simple and successful.

FACT NOT OPINION:
At 4:00EDT this (Staurday) morning, I called four major US airlines inquiring about making reservations for travel to Cancun Mexico on Sunday. Each airline offered the same response. Each had flights to Mexico with absoutely no restrictions or conditions based on the supposed wide spread outbreak of the "Swine Flu" or any other illness. The reason some airlines have reduced scheduled flights to Mexico is the decrease in people travelling there because they are afraid of catching the
illness and it costs a huge amount to fly nearly empty airliners. Think about it. Use logic, not emotions.

Do not let the constant references to the "Swine Flu" stress you out. Most of the networks like CNN / HLN are not telling people to panic. They are telling people the current "numbers" and giving instructions on how to protect yourself from catching and or spreading not only the "Swine Flu" but any illness. These are the most basic items that so many people still do not follow. I don't have to go down the list but I'll give you a suggestion. Go to your local supermarket, home improvement center, etc. and go in to the men's room. Watch how many people use the bathroom, flush the toilet and waltz right out the door completely bypassing the sinks. Even in restaurants! This is why they are giving these instructions. People don't like change so they ignore the idea of something so simple as washing their hands.

If you get your news from TV, radio or your newspaper (MSM) you are missing out on the real news. It's ok to watch the news on TV, etc., but to get the real info, tap into the resuces only available on the internet. You can quickly research an event from all sides and then form you own opinions.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Fact: The first case of "Spanish flu", actually occurred in Kansas at a military base in March of 1918.
Fact: by the end of the week, there were 522 cases, and in a months time, 1000.
Fact:Only 48 people actually died, so that isn't so bad, right???

More Facts: Well, the spread wasn't so bad after that, and eventually, it seems to have gone away...................until August of the same year.
When it came "back", it spread quickly and was more deadly.
Apparently, Spain had no shame in reporting THEIR cases,... so the blame, the name, and the shame fell on their shoulders. [Insert sarcastic "GOD BLESS AMERICA")
Well, gee, at this point, the virus was killing some people within hours.....blood pouring out of their mouths and noses...( ewwwwww)

So, yeah.......we have NOTHING to worry about.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
P.s,
An estimated 20 to 40 million people died from the "Spanish Flu Pandemic".

But, what the hell....we have BILLIONS of people on the earth, so I'm sure most of us will be just fine....

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Caution yes panic no. This is not 1918; use common sense and don't let it become one.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanity

Sanity, you are correct.

Panic is something we must avoid in all situations. However, prepardness and readiness is something to be highly valued in any given situation.

This is not only a flu pandemic, this is system that is being used to monitor and control any kind of biological outbreak or attack on your nation and the rest of the world.

Don't you wanna make sure they are doing a good job? Doesn't it seem fit to worry about the outcome of such a thing if they fail?

Another fun fact about 1918. It had a 2% mortality rate, H1N1 has a 6% mortality rate and it's currently rising.

There is no need to panic, as people are not getting crazy sick and dying in the streets, however it is something to be closely watched.

I'm not worried about this summer, I'm worried about the actual flu season coming, in which the strongest strains of this H1N1 will be strenghtened and will come back in large numbers.

~Keeper

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATADJADED
Fact: The first case of "Spanish flu", actually occurred in Kansas at a military base in March of 1918.
Fact: by the end of the week, there were 522 cases, and in a months time, 1000.
Fact:Only 48 people actually died, so that isn't so bad, right???

More Facts: Well, the spread wasn't so bad after that, and eventually, it seems to have gone away...................until August of the same year.
When it came "back", it spread quickly and was more deadly.
Apparently, Spain had no shame in reporting THEIR cases,... so the blame, the name, and the shame fell on their shoulders. [Insert sarcastic "GOD BLESS AMERICA")
Well, gee, at this point, the virus was killing some people within hours.....blood pouring out of their mouths and noses...( ewwwwww)

So, yeah.......we have NOTHING to worry about.

There were 3 waves to the Spanish flu.

Whether anyone believes it or not I'm getting:
1. black elderberry extract
2. oil of oregano
3. collodial silver ( Alex Jones' website has a good supplier)

Believe it, don't believe it. For about 150 bucks I can get the supplements to help ME.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well, I totally agree, there is no point in panic.
Panic has never made any situation better.
But, we do need to keep a watchful eye on the situation.

Bottom line, none of us can foresee the future.
As for ME, as always, each time I go to the store, I buy some extra cans of stuff ( tuna, fruits, soup, and raviolis) Stuff I would not normally eat, as I prefer FRESH food. But, I do have a good few months worth if I am stuck here.
I stockpile toilet paper and other things as well.

Of course, if I die, none of that will do me any good, but if things get bad, I can stay inside for a bit. ( until those without food come and kill me for what I have, or the zombies come and eat my brains) good luck to them on that...HA!

top topics

join