It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert! Russian Army Moving Towards Georgian Borders - Now!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
ALERT 6! - Something very big is happening now!

I open thread just few minutes ago to breaking news:
Russian Troops Patrol Rebel Borders With Georgia
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But looks like the "russian softened" tittle is not waking people up to its reality - so I open discussion here with "the right tittle" ... News is just broken out all out Russian media. I quess soon we can hear it all over.

Tone is very alarming from Russian officials - just days before NATO drill in Georgia... "Naturally, we will draw our own conclusions about this provocation."

- NATO excercise is taking place now in Georgia
- Russian diplomats was just few days ago ousted from NATO
- Russian Army is moving across the border of Georgia
- New deals done with Ossetia and Russia in thursday

... WTF is really happening over there?

- No numbers given how much, and powerfull is Russian Army which is now moving inside South Ossetia and Abkhazia! - Scale of deployments unknown...

“Border troops command will be located in Tskhinvali proper, while others will be deployed along the whole border perimeter."

Look these news just came to Russian media!

Russian guards take up duties on Abkhaz, S. Ossetia borders
en.rian.ru...

Russian troops patrol rebel borders with Georgia
wire.antiwar.com...

Russian guards . for Abkhazian and Ossetian borders
www.russiatoday.com...

USA - get out from Georgia, now... I am very concerned! (... And world, like me too - is watching news from A-flu!)

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It is just something russia needs to do to protect its troops and people, just in case georgia does something stupid. Nato are stup1d doing this war games, and its just something russia needs to do, to protect the new provinces also.

Thx for the .s up

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
It is just something russia needs to do to protect its troops and people, just in case georgia does something stupid. Nato are stup1d doing this war games, and its just something russia needs to do, to protect the new provinces also.

Thx for the .s up

Exactly. It's NATO's very presence and instigation of Ossetia to break away from Georgia that ignited an attack on Russian people a couple of months ago. How would we like it if a foreign power was doing exercises in say Cuba (that's not a good example, but it'll do) and they talked south Florida into breaking away from the state? So south Florida breaks away from Florida state, and Florida state starts firing on south Florida and BINGO, a war on American soil has started.

In such a scenario, Washington would of course react. Washington and every single American citizen would be furious at the foreign power for instigating trouble right on American soil, let alone conducting war exercises so close to America's borders. Obviously, that's an extremely provocative practice with obvious intentions.

Well that's exactly what NATO is doing to Russia, provoking the hell out of them. Nobody can blame Russia for sending in troops. America would do exactly the same thing.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

That's a pretty smart move to pre-emptively move troops to the border before any war games.

The Georgian "president" has shown that he'll take advantage of situations to invade another area. With a bunch of countries in the middle of it, he could possibly get his way this time with a well timed attack.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
If you didnt know already Georgia is actually the rogue state here. It claimed Russian lands without provocation.

The media just loves to put the blame on Russia because of cold war tensions.
Russia is in defensive mode not offensive.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

I agree - another smart move from two .ed eagle : Medvedev/Putin

Sign is very clear and loud, but risks are always high when the last order is given to generals - stakes are more than high, but Russians seems not to be afraid to play with high bets. --- They just hate situation in Georgia, and Shakasvili --- Wasnt it Putin who said "hang him from his balls" ... Thats the leadership that Russians and Red Army is proud of.

No sneak attack this time - thats right kind of pre-emptive actions!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It appears they are annexing part of Georgia - the military will ensure the transaction will be carried out!!

Source

Russia has been accused of carrying out the stealth annexation of a third of Georgia after the Kremlin imposed direct control over the borders of two rebel regions at the heart of last year's war in the Caucasus.

Interesting that this coincides with Iran's (and Turkey's) attack on the Kurds, who happen to occupy Oil fields (possibly untapped).

Lets see where this goes.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
can anyone link me that video putin made after the war on august saying something like the enemy has been punished and their infrastructure has been crippled. Something like that

thanks

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The Georgian government lost my respect the moment I learnt that over 90 percent of people in South Ossetia and Abkhazia want their independence from Georgia.
That in addition to cultural distinctions, there are also genetic-ethnic differences to Georgians because up and till around 200 years ago Ossetia used to be a nation in it’s own right.
Georgia lost more respect when it a country with 30 tanks, killed (without warning) Russian troops (a nation who posses over 6500 tanks).

And surely Georgia doesn’t deserve any political respect as long as it rigs it's own elections, keeps political prisoners, sprays chemicals on crowds and is so corrupt that it they’ve become nothing but a pawn to the richest nations-powers on earth.

If Russia was truly a rogue surely it would have done what most nuclear powers may do if an aggressive army attacked their troops on their border?
So in my frank opinion Georgian is lucky to have a capital; let alone a border with Russia.

All we are seeing with the Nato exercise, is another U.S proxy attack through Georgia.
It’s the same face of the same game that aims to punish Moscow for not being corrupt enough to open itself up to foreign investment in the way many Western media share portfolio holders would like.
It’s for this reason the only time Russia and America really got along was when a drunk Yeltsin was in charge. This is because he removed many “investment” barriers causing the rape of the Russian economy, and which are in fact still being reversed-recovered from by Medvedev’s-Putins United Russia party.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Wow. So Russian federation just took a part of other country, and you guys are exstatic. So Georgians started this war - ok, their leaders should be blamed. But how it exactly justifies annexation of the territory of same Georgia??? No country in the world, including Russia's allies (who happen to be its neighbours) , agreed with this move.
Nato/US troops out of Georgia? How about Russian and Nato troops out of Georgia? Isn't it more just...
And as for South Osetians and Abkhazians - they clearly do not want to be in Georgia. There was poll. Ok. Was there a poll if they want to be in Russian federation? Russians used the tension in the area (just as Americans did) but they did not only placed their leaders (this is where American involvement stops) - they took a bite of Georgian territory. Empire strikes back. And i do not know why someone who lived in a country that was part of this empire's ancestor and a country that had its parts much more viciously taken - can see it as a positive thing.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Must read article from Moscow Times!

NATO Tensions Flare Over Spy Flap

A new round of tensions with the West ratcheted up over the holiday weekend when a spy dispute unfolded with NATO that is expected to prompt Russia to expel Western diplomats.

NATO also traded barbs with the government over an agreement giving Russian forces direct control over the de facto borders of Georgia's South Ossetia and Abkhazia regions.

The tensions are likely to grow this week, because NATO plans to kick off military exercises in Georgia that have drawn fire from Moscow, which itself is preparing for Victory Day, the May 9 holiday celebrating the end of World War II.

www.themoscowtimes.com...

- In Finland troop deployments was just in the evening news, but no mention from soon starting NATO drills, or dipolmatic crisis between Nato and Russia... It was very, very negative against Russian movements. (Which I see Kreml has good reasons to do. ) I think interesting week is coming in Caucasus - at least I will follow situation very closely.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Russia, China on comradely terms

Westernism is giving way to Orientalism in Moscow's outlook, if the past week's happenings are any guide. As Russia's ties with the West deteriorate, an upswing in its strategic partnership with China becomes almost inevitable.

The resumption of Russia-NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) dialogue has gone awry. And the nascent hopes regarding a "reset of the button" of the Russian-American relationship are belied. With Moscow under multiple pressures from the West, two top Chinese officials have arrived in the Russian capital to offer support - Defense Minister Liang Guanglie and Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi.

Moscow angrily reacted to NATO's expulsion of two Russian diplomats on Wednesday.

www.atimes.com...

WOW! - With Moscow under multiple pressures from the West, two top Chinese officials have arrived in the Russian capital to offer support - Defense Minister and Foreign Minister!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
... Just few quards?

Russia Has 10,000 Troops in Two Breakaway Regions, Georgia Says

May 4 (Bloomberg) -- Russia has deployed more than 10,000 soldiers in two breakaway Georgian regions, thousands more than previously announced, the Georgian Foreign Ministry said.

“We have serious grounds to believe that Russia has more than 10,000 troops in the two regions, not 3,700 in each as they have claimed,” Zurab Kachkachishvili, . of the ministry’s political department, told reporters in Tbilisi today.

www.bloomberg.com...

- That mean combat ready division with all needed support systems...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
More news from new conflict and raising...

Will There Be a Second Crimean War?
In the Worst Case Scenario, an Escalation of the Russian-Ukrainian Quarrel Around the Black Sea Peninsula Will Destabilize European Security
www.russiaprofile.org...

Russian MFA Spokesman Andrei Nesterenko Commentary on NATO concerns
www.isria.info...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

In the military "war games" are often times referred to as training operations. Believe it or not but governments and commanders like train their troops as if they were going to need to do their jobs. Not only does it train the troops but it gives commanders an idea of their capabilities. That way when something does happen commanders can give an accurate assessment of when they will be ready, and any problems that may occur along the way. This is especially important when working with other countries so they can learn how to work together and increase effectiveness.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It's all going as the Henoch prophecies predicted. Russia attacks NATO, invades Europe and Germany and eventually nukes USA.

The beginning of WW3 is playing out right in front of your eyes.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
News update from growing NATO-Russia and Georgian crisis:

Russia To Expel Nato Officials On Wednesday

Russia will announce on Wednesday expulsion of . and member of staff of the NATO information office in Moscow, the Interfax news agency reported on Tuesday citing a source from Russian Foreign Ministry, Xinhua reported.

www.turkishweekly.net...

Georgia accuses Russia over foiled rebellion
www.reuters.com...

Georgia ends mutiny at army base
www.ft.com...

Georgia 'foils Russia-backed coup' on eve of Nato exercises
www.timesonline.co.uk...

Georgia says it foiled 'Russian-backed' mutiny aimed at Nato exercises
www.guardian.co.uk...

- Keeping you updated...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Georgian opposition, police clash in Tbilisi, injured reported - TV

TBILISI, May 6 (RIA Novosti) - Members of Georgia's opposition and police clashed on Wednesday near the main police department building in the capital Tbilisi, injuries have been reported, Georgian TV channels said.

Levan Gachechiladze, an opposition leader, was wounded after a rubber bullet hit him in the ..

There are reports that Gachechiladze's brother, Giorgi has been detained.

According to Georgian media, Giorgi triggered the clash by climbing onto the fence of a police compound. Protestors reportedly used sticks to attack the police.

en.rian.ru...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
You guys crack me up. It's wrong for the US to invade Iraq but yet it's ok for Russia to invade Georgia? Ahhh, I see .... it's only wrong when the US is the aggressor .

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Dont make so fast conclusions!

Like sure you know, aggressor was Georgia in 5 days war, and this time Russia is preparing its positions in the area before the "drill" - which was false flag to make attack last time. NATO is seeing as aggressor this time.

Moving troops to Georgian borders was result from treaty made in Moscow with Abhazia and Ossetia last thursday. Treaty is made by SCO support quarantees.

I keep following situation in this thread.

Russia did the right thing over there, thats my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join