It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army on Facebook, Twitter: Social media sites help with recruiting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Army on Facebook, Twitter: Social media sites help with recruiting

www.chicagotribune.com

But for Lt. Gen. Benjamin Freakley and other Army brass, a new era has brought a new language -- and new tools like online social networks Twitter and Facebook -- for seeking out young recruits and spreading the military's message.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.physorg.com
www.chinadaily.com.cn

Mod Edit: Fixed Headline

[edit on 5/2/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Obviously you do not need to come to us, we come to you and your friends, well this was so obvious and obviously there are many other accounts out there for the sole purpose of intelligence gathering.
The only thing i can say is that its fine for us as we know what we are doing but think 2 generations down the track were this WILL be considered a normal part of interacting and recruiting.

www.chicagotribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Fixed Headline

[edit on 5/2/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Unfortunetly you are correct my friend.

This is disgusting however, the army recruiting younger and younger nowadays. With games like Call Of Duty (If that's not propaganda I don't know what it is) and they're middle eastern settings and the turban wearing "terrorists".

To American Army which actually makes you go through "virtual" boot camp before you can be a real soldier. And a plethora of other sources, now they are going to use facebook and twitter to drone kids into joining the army.

I guess that's part of Obama's Youth Corp and his wanting to enlist children who are underage in actual armed forces.

It's getting ridiculous, but then again, welcome to the Obama Nation.

~Keeper

join