It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swansboro, North Carolina Martial Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Im looking for that Alex Jones Police State video footage of the US Army along with Foreign troops occupying Swansboro. I remember I found the original Footage on an infowars article but Im having trouble tracking it down. Can anyone help me please?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

[edit on 5/2/09 by arxgen]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Thanks but I found the Video I wanted, it's for a presentation at school.

www.youtube.com...

This is from Police State 2000 right? Alex Jones first police State Doc?

I just need to get a high quality version.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
add &fmt=18 at the end of the video for HQ.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Thanks, is there something you can add at the end of the URL for HD quality?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bellus55
Thanks, is there something you can add at the end of the URL for HD quality?

Thats as good as it gets.. It was shot on home cameras when it happened at the time.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bellus55

Just so you know...it was a training exercise.
No martial law.
No foreign troops.
No occupation.

Swansboro is just down the road from Camp Lejuene. When this took place, local people volunteered to be a part of it. The military is important to this area's economy.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Martial Law was imposed upon the city it is obvious from the footage and it violates Posse Comitatus. Their where also Foreign troops present as seen in that video.

Also what was that Soldier firing at in the Video? Targets? An Armed Citizen?

Even though it was a training exercise, it was still an occupation. These occurrences are unjustified, there was no Civil Unrest or disaster, they simply invaded a town to conduct training on American Soil. The military is supposed to be doing this sort of training in Mock Towns.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Martial Law was imposed upon the city it is obvious from the footage and it violates Posse Comitatus. Their where also Foreign troops present as seen in that video.

Also what was that Soldier firing at in the Video? Targets? An Armed Citizen?

Even though it was a training exercise, it was still an occupation. These occurrences are unjustified, there was no Civil Unrest or disaster, they simply invaded a town to conduct training on American Soil. The military is supposed to be doing this sort of training in Mock Towns.

It was a training exercise. You can make of that what you will. I drive thought this place on a regular basis, since 1989 and our office manager lives there. Nobody was shot at and the exercise was held with the town's permission.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
So going into a small town and detaining people and putting them into a camp was part of the exercise, I get it. Basically they where allowed to go into everyones home and to detain any Civilian which was a perceived threat. Near the end of the Video Police where detaining some Teen and bringing him into the station. That was part of the exercise to?

It Violates Posse Comitadus, The military had direct involvement in Policing the civilian population.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

So going into a small town and detaining people and putting them into a camp was part of the exercise, I get it. Basically they where allowed to go into everyones home and to detain any Civilian which was a perceived threat. Near the end of the Video Police where detaining some Teen and bringing him into the station. That was part of the exercise to?

It Violates Posse Comitadus, The military had direct involvement in Policing the civilian population.

I can only speak as to the exercise in Swansboro. Nobody was detained. Nobody was put in a camp. If they went into civilian homes, (and I don't think they did) it was with permission. Everyone knew about this exercise ahead of time. The mayor had to approve it. There was no direct involvement in policing the civilian population by the millitary. Some of the folks in the town volunteered be stopped and have their cars searched. Best I can remember, they had stickers in the windshields so the marines would know who they could stop.

Has it occurred to you that maybe that tape took some things out of context?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Have you seen the full video of the Link I posted earlier? Your saying no one was detained when there was clearly video footage of that guy being detained.
There was direct involvement of the military policing the civilian population, the civilians where being searched by Soldiers. Why don't you actually watch it before you come to these conclusions?

Im not taking the video out of context, it clearly violates Posse Comitadus as I already explained.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Bellus55]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Interesting

Marines on Main Street
Warfare training, car searches
scare some residents, thrill others

Members of the elite unit have been in Swansboro all week training with the local police at checkpoints and neighborhood patrols. Despite the ominous appearance of over 100 different armed soldiers each day, residents and elected officials have welcomed the military exercise.

The Marines set up a checkpoint directly in front of the police station where they posted a sign that read, "Military Checkpoint Ahead." The only cars that were pulled over were those with a special sign in the window indicating they had volunteered to be searched, according to military spokesmen.

Magazine

Semper

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Thank you!

Maybe Bellus55 can now understand that what the tape purports to show is not exactly what happened.

And is it just me or does Alex Jones sound like Rush Limbaugh?

new topics

top topics

join