It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be Honest, how many of you already have symptoms?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Okay most of you probably don't wish to say YOURSELF in a public forum, so lets just agree to say... who knows anyone or has seen those with symptoms already.

Phoenix AZ

I can name at least 3

One of them works in a night club where he greets rich ans famous people who fly regularly

Another has a roomate who works in fast food... he himself will be giving out flyers door to door this week.

No one seems to want to go to the hospital or risk quarantine etc, etc...

From the street

What are you seeing?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The symptoms for swine flu are very similar to symptoms for just about everything else. I have swine flu symptons all the time, I've had them all throughout my entire life.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Im seeing nothing.

Two recent reportings in my state - both are perfectly fine - just like having regular flu they said (saw on the news).

And I have not seen one person wearing a mask out in public. I have not seen any less traffic on the roads or in restaurants or shops.

Life is usual around my parts.

All hype and I think people here believe its all hype.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'm just curious because here in Phoenix near the border, last 48 hrs i'm seeing people starting to get Flu symptoms in real numbers.

It was equally absent all week and yesterday seemed to be The Day in my neighborhood...

and yeah, in the end it is a very bad flu and nothing more...

watching the spread of a disease in this detail... I have to admit it has me captivated

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
how long does it take for mutation to occur? what virus would it mutate with?

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Gouki]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Pretty sure I already "had" this starting around April 4th. it lasted 3 weeks, nausea, vomiting, fever yadda yadda yadda. My wife and stepson had it as well but we've all more or less recovered. As for why I think it's Swine Flu? I've had the flu a total of 3 times in the last 25 years. It's just not something I get, much less in Spring.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The symptoms are far to vague.

Anyone who went looking for symptoms could easily diagnose themselves as having symptoms.

I myself started a sore throat and head congestion on the night of Apr 30 so I guess I could say I have "some symptoms"

All hype and I think people here believe its all hype.

So true,

Do I think I have swine flu? NO
Will I go to a doctor to be sure? NO
Will I take a lab created drug for "symptoms"? NO
Will I take Tamiflu or get vaccinated? NO
Will I be just fine ignoring the media propaganda? YES

Do I think a couple weeks from now it will all be forgotten and that the purpose of distracting us will be accomplished and the media will move futhur from the economy and globalization using the transitional fear they created by preaching swine flu hysteria? YES

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Not one person in my area of Spain, seems the slightest bit bothered about it. It's ferria weekend and Friday and Monday are holidays. Everyone is out and about at both the day time and night time ferria and no-one is showing any symptoms at all.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Normal flu has been going around the UK for the past month anyway.
I know a number of people who have been ill with it for a 2 weeks.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'm paranoid of it because I'm really close to the border with Mexico.

Every little pain I feel in my legs, I immediately take my temperature. Usually when I have a fever, my legs hurt.

I've had a normal temperature but I've had a cough for 2 weeks now that has been making me gag and almost vomit.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
My partner's niece has flu-like symptoms, but it is claimed that the tests say it isn't the same virus. The symptoms "match," high fever, congestion, nausea, vomiting...

If it isn't the strain, I guess we have several.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I’ve had flu like symptoms for like a week now - I can find out exactly when - I posted it in a pity-party post to a friend here on ATS.
Anyway - my head’s killing me, my stomach is fit to be tied, I wont go into the gastro-intestinal problems - but I can tell you this - it’s *migrated* to laryngitis and a cough.
I am not pleased.
It doesn’t surprise me though.
I’m living smack in the middle of a HUGE tourist area where I cannot avoid the tons and tons of foreign germs that are brought in all at once around this time every year.
So, who knows what I’ve got - not me...
And the doctor doesn’t want to know and doesn’t care - He says to stay home and stay put and drink lots of fluids.
Good advice if you ask me.

Off to more chicken soup and some lovely home made lemon ice a friend brought by.

peace

[edit on 2-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I have symptoms!! Drank way too much lastnight and i'm hurting!! Think i need a yummy IV!

Seriously though i havent seen any flu's of any kind here. IL. People say im tarded for even talking about the flu.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gouki
how long does it take for mutation to occur? what virus would it mutate with?

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Gouki]

That's the 64,000 dollar question. If it follows the same pattern as 1918, it will come in three waves.

Think of a 5 foot tidal surge--thats wave one, or now.

See a 25 foot wave---that's this winter

Then a 10-15 foot wave this time next year.

As far as I know, that's probably how it was explained to VP Biden by some CIA assessment.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I work in a large office with a high percentage of people who have family in Mexico - there is typically a lot of travel over the border.

Last Tuesday one co-worker called in sick with the flu - her doctor told her to stay out for a week "as a precaution". People called her to check in, and it seemed like a mild flu. Nobody else there was sick all week.

I work in East Los Angeles.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
i had to post because i was coughing as i read your title lol, yeah i and most my family have most of the symptoms.....

However, had you asked me this 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or any number of weeks or months or years ago i would have given the same answer - thats because they are the most common symptoms, almost everything causes slight headaches, coughing, sneezing, etc including stress, dust, chemical vapor, intense heat, playing too much wow, smoking, drinking, hay fever, cold and flu (all a billion varrients), and all manor of things but most importantly.....

BEING A HYPERCONDRIAC!! Ask someone if they have a slight head ache, a tickle in their throat, have the coughed more than normal? sneezing? -they're going to think about it and decided that yes they DO feel a bit under the weather, often studies have shown this can manifest into a actual bout of the flu (they kept asking people how they felt, doing tests, etc -most people in the study started to show real symptoms of flu)

also, Studies also show that by not worrying the immune system works better, in most cases stress and worry are more likely to cause illness than coughs and sneezes HOWEVER this is not strictly true with a new pathogen such as H1N1 because that is likely to be passed by a cough to someone who has had no contact with it before -this is a part of what they often call herd immunity-

so best advice is don't worry too much about it, eat healthy food, maintain a high standard of hygiene and all will be well

oh and those of you who can get sick pay - take time off from your job if you are ill, demand other ill people do the same -and not just till this scare is over... Keep your infections to yourselves

[edit on 2-5-2009 by NatureBoy]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I worked at a Hotel but got the flu toward the end of February 2009. It hit my whole family, lasted 3 days the middle day being the worst. I would suspect that working in a travel industry I would get something before anyone else. However, this flu hit in an instant, spread to my family, people at work had it and was gone just as fast. If that was the swine flu, it was probably just a little more intense than the common flu, but nothing to worry about.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
ugh, I got sick the day of the announced outbreak, and had ALL of the symptoms. my wife was sick the day before me- it lasted about 7-10 days. she went to the doc. and they said it was just a virus...so I guess Im not infected, but I sure was worried for about a week.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
my hooves have been aching latley... my tail is all straight.... and i wish that i could take some miracle injection to make me feel safe of mind...

I dont even feel safe in my wallows... I deserve to be able to roll in some mud during mid day without fear of infection... and all my neighbors are nice, ut one keeps feeding me and he just installed a new BBq pit... I am so confused..... my friend Charlotte says it will be ok... but I just dont know....

Wilbur

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Jb0311NY]

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Jb0311NY]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I was planning to go out with a friend of mine tonight. He flaked on me. He went out last night to a club while I was working. He said a bunch of people looked like they were coming down with something.

Now today, he is achy, gets the chills, vomiting and diarrhea. He is just going to stay home and try to get better.

He may not have the swine flu, but it is weird that he has the flu this late in the year in NYC, and if he just stays home and suffers like most people, we'll never know if he had the swine flu.

The "confirmed" cases must be really bad because those people went to the hospital and were tested. Most people who get the flu just stay home.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join