It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abducted again last night

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Wow, if this is what happens when people come out to get advise concerning "fringe" subject matter, (which is what I thought this website was for), I guess I should just keep my mouth shut.

I mean, I don't think the OP intended to be interrogated, demeaned, or planned on having to defend him/herself when they were asking for advice. This is a good reason why the abduction phenomenon isn't taken more seriously and why people are afraid to tell what happened to them. These encounters don't always make logical sense from our limited perspective. If you look at all of the people that claim this sort of thing, sure some of them are liars, but out of a million people, how many would you say are actually liars?

If everyone around you is a "liar", maybe they aren't really where the problem lies?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by The Real Josh

Im sorry you don't agree with crititism m8

But to help you in your self important savior rant

Make sure you post this in the other 2 threads the OP started on this

very same topic last nite,

The troll, err "experiencer" has been busy between his Nite Flights

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
This is a personal story in the gray area, where no proof is required or needed, because in these kind of cases, they're not going to be there.

not for true believers, its not needed. it never is.

the rest of us refuse to be impressed by every alien anal probe bait that wanders into the forum to wind it up and disappear, enjoying the ensuing chaos...

just like what happened here, again.

proof is required, needed and is documentable.

again, when was the last time you were abducted?

what measures have you taken to record the event?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Real Josh
Wow, if this is what happens when people come out to get advise concerning "fringe" subject matter, (which is what I thought this website was for), I guess I should just keep my mouth shut.

I mean, I don't think the OP intended to be interrogated, demeaned, or planned on having to defend him/herself when they were asking for advice. This is a good reason why the abduction phenomenon isn't taken more seriously and why people are afraid to tell what happened to them. These encounters don't always make logical sense from our limited perspective. If you look at all of the people that claim this sort of thing, sure some of them are liars, but out of a million people, how many would you say are actually liars?

If everyone around you is a "liar", maybe they aren't really where the problem lies?

Absolutely.

The amount of tools on this thread alone is enough for anyone wanting to come forward and tell of their experiences.

The funny thing is those that come with their negative intent have nothing to contribute. imagine a forum where those 'types' just hang by themselves - how horrible, stagnant, depressing, uninspiring, backward, and BORING would it be?

C'mon OP don't be put off by those that mean little to evolution, we want an update - and a video would be interesting to say the least.

wZn

edit to remove modding comment - seems i was wrong about that comment.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DohBama

Originally posted by mystiq
This is a personal story in the gray area, where no proof is required or needed, because in these kind of cases, they're not going to be there.

not for true believers, its not needed. it never is.

the rest of us refuse to be impressed by every alien anal probe bait that wanders into the forum to wind it up and disappear, enjoying the ensuing chaos...

just like what happened here, again.

proof is required, needed and is documentable.

again, when was the last time you were abducted?

what measures have you taken to record the event?

Go and read the description of the grey area, because I'm not interested in your opinions. Experiencers know who to share their info with, and who to ignore! Theres quite a few on here that really need to find some other outlets for their negativity and attempts to control other peoples freedom of expression on an area specifically set up for that.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Oh what a bunch of crap, he is looking for attention in the wrong place. He needs to get his head on straight, and at the age of 27 is way past due.

Abducted 2-3 times a week for years....please

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I recently read on another web site that when this type of abduction ocurred with others that they called out for Jesus to help them and these beings immediately left and did not return.I will try to find the link to this.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Alright, now I am starting to get suspicious. In his other thread, people made suggestions on how to get help/contact others to help deal with or find out more stuff about his problem, but instead he makes another post so he can "report" all his abductions here, which seem to be happening with unusually high frequency.

Normally, I am willing to give people the benefit of the doubt when they say to have been abducted instead of automatically assuming they are crazy or lying. In this case, however, i am beginning to wonder. I just went over his original accounts on the last thread again and noticed that the things he was saying almost seem to be copied and pasted from other abduction accounts I have read, and he is using identical wording for certain things. Given recent hoaxes and pranks, my skeptical needle has just risen on my meter.

I'm going to watch and see how this goes before I come to any more conclusions.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
What Proof do you want or need from me?

Photographic Evidence?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a3b19a02b44.jpg[/atsimg]

Abduction Scars?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ceff069f03c6.jpg[/atsimg]

Video Evidence?

If you even go there about any of this being faked or BS or asking me to explain any of them, I am not going too. I dont need too. Im not going to waste my time even bothering to explain this to any of you.

I think I have all the damn proof one could have to prove that they were abducted and have had contact with Aliens.

Seriously- if you still have a problem- get the hell out of this forum.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

attempts to control other peoples freedom of expression on an area specifically set up for that

I am rather perplexed.

So if I understand correctly, only those who agree wholeheartedly with whatever a person posts, are the only ones allowed to post here? Only you (or other supporters) can freely express yourself here? But if someone else does not believe the person or questions the person, than they are not allowed to post here?

And isn't the word negative really in the eye of the beholder. Because some could view a person supporting another person's grand illusions, made up stories or something similar as quite negative. You know the whole enabler thing.

I am not saying the person who started this thread is anything but truthful. I do not know. But your rules for who can post and when and where is rather skewed in my humble opinion. If I want to question the integrity of the member and the member's story, I have every right to do so. As long as I do not break the forum's rules.

You are actually trying to

control other peoples freedom of expression
on this very thread.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by inked up]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

So Um, I'm sorry I'm having a hard time seeing anything much other than (photo # 1) - NO Idea, bad lens???

(photo # 2) - a pretty woman with a piece cropped out of her arm and put back in with an arrow that points toward her elbow.

(video # 1) - a nighttime video of some obscure lights with nothing relative to them to put them into perspective, in fact the motion of the camera was more prevalent than anything, and some geese that quacked.

So, I have to admit that, while not very often, I'm VERY confused as to the intent of even attaching these to your post....is it supposed to support some kind of evidence of something?

AB1

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Hi

I have to agree with AB1. What is picture 1 suppose to be? Also picture 2, the photo is not proof of an abduction scar, it doesn't even suggest it. What's wrong with a picture with the arm lying straight ? The video is fairly interesting, but it's ruined by the constant talking.

mark

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Wow ofhumandescent, you have alot to say. Cut the crap and be serious. We are both living on planet earth, you have no more knowledege than any one else. Stop it. Seriously. Let people say what they have to say, you don't have to clarify everything. Enough.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
No one has nothing to say? Seriously? Well maybe xynephadyn just wants to show her pic? Maybe this whole thread is just eharmony with a little of ats added? What ever. Some folks are looking for other people who are seekers, not just a hook up site.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zealott
Say you add someone to ignore will that make the posts they start unseeable too?

Yes......its like they do not even exist on ATS for you.......

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Nobody exists for me at all. It just seems a little strange to me that someone posts a pic of alien abduction with them smiling and showing off their chi chi's.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

One of the problems now is there are sites that are encouraging people to post fake photos, videos and stories over at ATS. That alone should make us all more diligent on the claims being made. It also should make us mad, because there are many out there who do not have any place to tell their experiences without being made to look like a crazy person. I read all the threads with a skeptical eye, and look for the evidence. Scars, other witnesses, video, etc does help with the claims being made. It is unfortunate there are some out there who only want to create hoaxes just to laugh at others.

I am in my forties, so I do not care if people believe my OBE experience. A much younger person, or a professional person may not have such a luxury. I agree with you wholeheartedly that many out there need to have a place where they feel safe to tell us their experiences. What happened is very real to them, and they need more support to find out what is really happening.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I just take a completely different approach, though I appreciate yours and thank you for sharing that.

But I don't care what peoples perceptions are, ie. if they think they feel foolish because later on somehow someone admits or is discovered to be hoaxing.
Doctors deal with hoaxers all the time, but do they stop treating people, offering their best skills and advice, being supportive, for fear of being misled by someone? Of course not!

I see threads for experiences a bit like a group meeting. Aside from those that are skeptical, others with experience or interest come on and offer different perspective, experiences and share. If the OP were poking fun at the situation, say like FARK is trying to do, the thread still consists of a real info and discussion, and can still help someone, who may be searching for help online with the very same problem. And they read some of the links, or discover acern and go to their website, and perhaps write to a few of the people mentioned or organizations. It may even be that with help and support, someone living in a more isolated area, could even get a group going to help others.

Having the room to meet up in is very nice. We learn from each other.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by mystiq]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

I also try to give them advice on what to do when they think something is happening. I try to get them to rule out anything medical, and that gets mistaken by some to believe I think it is all medical or mental. I do not know if the person is being abducted by aliens, and only think the other explanations need to be ruled out, as I did with my OBE. Also, if there is a medical problem it can be treated. So far, no cure for stopping people from being abducted by aliens.

I do agree with you that doctors do not stop treating hypochondriacs. They try to humor them, just in case it could be the real deal.

I also read their stories and do look for holes in it. That is the natural skeptic in me, and I want to expose them if they are lying. I am very careful in that as people can make mistakes, so I do not run to conclusions until I am sure. There are too many people who do want guidance and help in this area.

Betty and Barney Hill did not have any place to go to talk of their frightening experience. People now have the internet and other areas, and that is why we should be helpful and supportive up front, but do our research in the background (if that makes any sense).

There does seem to be some problems with the OP's story, but I will withhold the full judgment for now. I will give him a chance to respond to the questions posed. People deserve their day in court so to speak.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
One thing he's already said on another thread, I believe it was the abductees forum thread, was that he had a counselor and that he wasn't open to hypnotherapy so he was considering searching for a hypotherapist. Which implies that he's already seeking professional help.

Another point I want to make in seeking to rule things out by going to a doctor, etc etc. Depending on your circumstances and life, its really important to balance that advice with the advice to read up and study groups that give counseling and therapy for those traumatized by abductions and fully inform yourself, because the medical profession is not very friendly to this reality, and they don't always do the right thing by people. Some of them are probably such knee jerk skeptics themselves, operating under their own credo that they would ignore joint sitings, and other things in a family that cannot be shared.
So while some people may think this is sound advice, it actually must be balanced by the persons research and discovery of what this phenomenon.

I'm not sure what inconsistencies people are seeing. One thing I found interesting was in the forum he spoke of being forced to drink a clearish liquid that tasted horrible, and it coincided with another who remembered the drink as well. That was a consistency that made some people grateful for blocks in memory.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join