It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Structure in Greenland - Crashed Alien?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Does google take pictures from the satellites or do they actually go there? I ask because of the street views and the 3d images..

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
That might be exactly the same image .. ?

I'm not sure how that's possible - anyhow, if it has been there like that for 2 years - I cant see any way it could be called a bad tile.

I believe something is really there and want to check it out - there's a lot of complexity to doing it though - and it will be time, world economies and flu spread or impact that dictate whether I can manage it.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Wait a second, I can buy the whole glitch story but for the fact that that thing was there before. And that if you use Google Earth now it won't show up using the time slider. Now that smells fishy

Why would there have been a glitch in 2007 and the same one in 2009? What kind of technology produces the same glitch?

If indeed it is a thing, my money is on an old structure. We definately need more info and I fear that the only way is to go there.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

Those are digital satellite photographs and what that could be , especially since it is square is merely corrupted data. The fact that in the close up we can see terrain underneath it in different colors would possibly imply this as well.
All color images are composed of Red,Green and Blue components. If one gets lost or corrupted in transmission then the first indication of corrupted data is color that doesn't match the surrounding area.

Anyone from ATS live in Greenland and would be up for a 4Wheeling road trip ?

I'm a little confused to say the least about what you are trying to say this is... Your sentences do not make any sense...

[edit on 4-5-2009 by ls1cameric]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
"hope clouds observation" Dune, Frank Herbert...

It's just google images ovelapped, it's the effect of the mosaic of pictures that make up the full picture, and it's been discussed already in this forum .... ( i'm pretty sure of it )

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jack Russel

Google buys satellite photos from companies that sell those services, anyone can buy those photos.

The street view photos are taken by cars with a special camera, and are limited to some places (and apparently many people do not like to see themselves or their houses on those photos).

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
After some Google searches, I found this post on the Keyhole BBS (Keyhole is the company that created Earthviewer in 2001, the program now known as Google Earth. Google bought the company in 2004 and presented the new version as Google Earth in 2005) that explains that those things are relatively common, even if they do not know why they appear on the photos.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I know its an unimportant question, but how did the OP actually find this?

And to the poster who requisitioned a search party to go in search of this, who do you think should be paying for this?

IRMan, Greenland is massive, so such a structure going unobserved is a possibility, although minor. At 85km long, it would have been picked up by aircraft, unless snow has covered it again.

So what we have is an anomaly.

One side we have possible glitch of software, which google is infamous for
Other side, we have people claiming solid structure, possibly alien in origin

Personally I think its solid structure, only because I think the OP needs to get out more often and not sit staring at Google Earth of an evening and a holiday to Greenland exploring glaciers can only be a good thing for him (as long as he doesn't kill himself)
I'll donate £1(GBP) from my own personal funds to a collective fund which will support him getting out in the fresh air of Greenland.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
*BIG SIGH*

Im thinking you, the OP, really dont want truth on this since you are arguing with the most logical explanations of what is being seen. But if you have the means to go trekking thru Greenland, I think thats a great opportunity to FINALLY put this to rest.

Other threads you may want to read:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I want the truth, but I'm not about to deny my eyes for the sake of a bit of fuzzy security.

I haven't heard anything credible about what this really is - the 'image stitching' idea is completely hopeless explanation - doesn;t fit at all - and the CABLE still hasn't even been identified - can't anyone post a picture of the cable/pipe?

LOL and a crashed 85km long UFO is a better explanation may I suggest for your trip to see this object you take some HUMBLE PIE to eat so you get used to the taste when you get back!!!!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
When i saw the image i remembered some crazy project that was aired on Discovery channel, forgot the name of the show but i googled for something similar and found this article "10 mad ways to save the planet". Could it be some weird experiment involving blankets over the ice ?

WRAPPING UP GREENLAND
We have been warned that continuing Arctic melting could cause catastrophic worldwide flooding. Could giant blankets be the first step in stemming that tide?

Source: Daily Mail, UK

Jason E. Box
at Byrd Polar Research Center
Atmospheric Sciences
Web: Dr Jason Box homepage

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by reugen
When i saw the image i remembered some crazy project that was aired on Discovery channel, forgot the name of the show but i googled for something similar and found this article "10 mad ways to save the planet". Could it be some weird experiment involving blankets over the ice ?

WRAPPING UP GREENLAND
We have been warned that continuing Arctic melting could cause catastrophic worldwide flooding. Could giant blankets be the first step in stemming that tide?

Source: Daily Mail, UK

Jason E. Box
at Byrd Polar Research Center
Atmospheric Sciences
Web: Dr Jason Box homepage

That was highly reflective blankets to reflect back sunlight so they would not be the colours in the pictures its a google cock up he will just have to accept it.

I can look on google earth and see the site my house was built on 7 yrs ago as an empty patch of ground but if I zoom in I see my house
thats how upto date google earth is! the sat pics are old and get updated over time.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If the OP used the search function he would have found about 100 other threads spanning the past 3-4 years talking about this glitch on google earth.
No crashed alien space ship here.....sorry pal.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Biohazard³¹³

Yes, it is just an artifact. Part of the image was taken in the summer with no snow or ice covering the rock and the other part comes from a winter image. Wasn't this thrashed out here a few months ago?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
ugh what a lazy site, some fat guy sits behind his computer and writes copies and pastes a bunch of excuses to explain something he knows nothing about.

i hate people like this, they deter science because their dumb. if they want to know they should go to the location and verify any of those claims. rather then sit back and make asssumptions and play armchair quarterback.

i mean i get it the guy who runs the site is probably some lowlife or ya know how can i put this, high school dropout.

Kind of like the people i watch yell at sports on tv who never played sports a day in their life and think somehow they could do better. oh god i love watching those people, such a waste of humanity.

but this guy is the same except he does it from behind a computer prolly naked, and prolly going to be told by Chris Hansen to have a seat since he clearly stalks children online. His thype of behavior fits the model for an online predator.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

Could you please explain who are you talking about?

It would help understanding your post (or maybe not).

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If you actually go there and this thing actually exist, do you think the government will let you get close to it? Close enough to see it? You would have to sneak in or rent a plane and turn off the transponder. Then fly at low altitude hoping you don't get shot down or crash. good luck!! I look forward to seeing your pics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join