It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any other Derby watchers today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Or am I the only horse racing fan?

If you are out there, who do do you like? Who do you think will win?

I think Pioneer of the Nile is gonna take it.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
OMG what an awesome race.

By a horse that only cost 9500$ how awesome!

Congratulations to Mine that Bird!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Beautiful race. Was a little bit sloppy and wet, but damn did mind that bird come on strong in the last couple furlongs.

Great race again.

Im a huge fan.

Ill be watching to see if mind that bird can do anything else, maybe its time Affirmed gave up the title?

Who knows. Ill be watchin

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I had to see what all the flutter was about with Rachel Alexandra so I watched the oaks. Good heavens that horse runs like greased lightening.
I can't believe the owners doesn't think she should run with colts. I have no doubt she would of torn up the Derby. I feel jipped!

What an incredible race she won! It looked like it was out of a movie.

A filly hasn't won the TC but I think she stands a good chance. Too bad we won't know since she wont' go into the preakness or belmont either.

I think the racing world has been ripped off since she wasn't allowed to run.

With mine the bird, like any long shot, it can easily go either way. He will peter out or do well.

But apparently a lot of the derby owners feel jipped and might not run the preakness.

sigh

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
yes I watched. I don't know why but I always do.

I was trying to remember the name of the horse from last year that was winning races left and right and then on some big race ended up losing because it raced with a broken hoof... Anyone recall? If so what ever happened to that horse?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

That was big brown. Named after ups. He was a long shot that won both the derby and the preakness, and then completely flaked out and barely finished the belmont.

join