It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lower Mexico Flu Death Toll Heartens Nervous World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Lower Mexico Flu Death Toll Heartens Nervous World

New laboratory data showed fewer people have died in Mexico than first thought from a new influenza strain, a glint of good news for a world rattled by the threat of a flu pandemic.

Mexico cut its suspected death toll from the H1N1 flu to up to 101 from as many as 176, as dozens of test samples came back negative. Fewer patients with severe flu symptoms were also checking into hospitals, suggesting the infection rate of a flu that has spread to Europe and Asia was declining.

Of 159 files on suspected flu deaths, tests showed 58 died of other causes. Only 16 deaths are confirmed as caused by H1N1 flu, 85 are being tested.

(emphasis added)
www.reuters.com...

Overhyped? Of course. Another "crisis" that presents 'opportunites not to be wasted?' Of course.

Here's the facts:

15 countries reporting 615 infections with the A-H1N1/ swine flu virus (per the WHO).

This is only the third infectious disease experts regard as having pandemic potential in the past 10 years.

It is wreaking havoc with travel. China suspended flights to Mexico after Hong Kong authorities confirmed a Mexican man was infected with the flu strain. Several European countries have confirmed cases of the virus. The United States has only 145 confirmed cases in 22 states. Almost all infections outside Mexico have been mild.

The only death in another country has been the 23 month-old Mexican boy who was taken to Houston after he fell sick.

The U.S. CDC agreed the outbreak may not be as severe as it looked a few days ago.

Mexico has released a confusing batch of flu data in recent days but government-run hospitals have noted a steady drop in patients turning up with fevers.

Deny ignorance!

jw

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Mexico has released a confusing batch of flu data in recent days but government-run hospitals have noted a steady drop in patients turning up with fevers.

Ahh yes, the government run hospitals say it's ok now. Alls well then.

I wonder what happened to all those thousands of sick people last week? Dead in their houses?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Good, maybe this insanity over the flu will end soon.

Of course this was just a test, next they will release a real nasty weaponized killer bug that will eliminate designated portions of an over populated world, then they will come forward with a miraculous cure and vaccine, the economies will rebound, Obama will be reelected, the NWO will gain more power and everything will be peachy for those survive.

Think of it as a combination of a stock market correction and a population reduction.

Seriously, I'm kidding....

But WHO knows really?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The fact that this has been blown out of proportion is now being confirmed by press agencies from around the world, including the original source country, Mexico.

Mexican officials were cautiously optimistic that the worst of the flu epidemic is over, with no new deaths reported overnight.
"What we thought is that we would have an exponential growth in the number of persons with symptoms. But the information we have is that hasn't occurred, and we now have a stabilized curve with no important growth" of confirmed cases, Mexico City's mayor Marcelo Ebrard said declared Saturday.

hosted.ap.org...

The UK has 15 total cases confirmed. with only 2 new cases since Thursday.
www.guardian.co.uk...

Overall, it would seem that reasonable precautions, as with any flu outbreak, are sufficient to avoid infection and transmission.

But, then that hurts the 'biowar,' chemtrail,' and other sensationalist theories, doesn't it? So, this info will be denied, criticized or ignored in favor of fearmongering, both here and in the opportunistic BHO administration.

Can we blame this on "right wing terrorists" or returning vets?

jw

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Yeah that makes sense with the Dr's saying they were being pushed to write other causes of death other than H1N1. All I gotta say is, 200 people go into a hospital with flu symptoms. All 200 die. You say its H1N1 then you retest and retest and you say only 100 died of H1N1, well WTF did the other 100 drop dead from? Talk about some more BS. We have ABSOLUTELY no idea what is going on and if you think you do, youre only kidding yourself.

My best guess is someone thought Mexico City would make a good bioreactor. Multiple virii were released. Unless someone has a better idea?

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Memysabu]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I guess we're taking the Mexican government's word on it now? Especially since 90 - 95% of travel to Mexico has stopped? Hmmm... I wonder who benefits from reducing the numbers?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Originally posted by Memysabu

... Dr's saying they were being pushed to write other causes of death other than H1N1.
"Pushed" by whom? Your source? (ATS and Youtube are not sources.)

I know of no authority, hospital or third party saying Doctors anywhere are 'pushed to write' ANY causes.

That is hearsay and rumor. There is no substance to your statement if you can't back it up.

We have ABSOLUTELY no idea what is going on and if you think you do, youre only kidding yourself.
Speak for yourself. You cannot speak for me.

There are confirmed infections from a virus that contains human and swine strains. There are confirmed infections of seasonal 'flu.'
these are mild infections unless treatment is delayed or denied. EVERY confirmed death of H1N1 is related to delayed, denied, or improper treatment.
The rate of new infection is decreasing. Even in Mexico.

There have been confirmed infections (NOT in Mexico) from avian H5N1 flu, but no confirmation of human-to-human transmission of such.

My best guess is someone thought Mexico City would make a good bioreactor. Multiple virii were released. Unless someone has a better idea?

Who thought MC is a bioreactor? What other virus strains were released?
To what purpose?

If I wanted to test mortality/transmission, I'd go to a slum in the MC suburbs, not metropolitan areas with ready health care. Or to a more remote location. Very easy to monitor and contain.

Guessing, speculating and having ideas do not equate to knowledge.

If you want to guess, do so and say so, but do not expect everyone to agree. Those who disagree do not deserve personal attacks.

Perhaps you could educate us?

deny ignorance

jw

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Memysabu]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

So many different stories, so many changes in the numbers what do we believe? speculation seems to be about all anyone has, and to be honest it's driving me nuts.

I've heard everything from, the people who died all had HIV (Speculation on local radio) so the virus was developed to speed up the effects of that virus, I've heard it's the NWO starting their depopulation program, I've heard it's a ploy by the folk who make Tamiflu to boost profits lost during the meltdown (this one I kinda believe there is a little truth) to an assassination attempt on Obama.

Even WHO are changing their earlier stories, so what is the truth? obviously the media has been pushed to cover this in an insane (IMO) manner, all that has happened is scaring half the World witless.

My fear is all this pandemic talk, is diverting attention from something else far more important to everyone, but until people start coming forward with untainted facts, I cant drop my guard or plans to get lost, because I need to look after my Family.

I cant say I'm paranoid, but I will say I'm worried, worried sick for my Kid's.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This would be good news if it was good news. One thing ive seen the past few days is that most of the numbers are changing which isnt a good thing.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Fool_l

Your best bet is to get a feel for what others are saying (hopefully without the same agenda at play in the U.S)

Look outside the U.S. and the MSM. Consider history and the underlying sciences - anthropology, biology, epidemiology.

Take all w/a grain of salt.

Sift carefully, and you will be close to the truth.

jw

top topics

join