It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology protesters assaulted by Scientology hired rent-a-cops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Last Saturday was the opening for the new Ideal CC here in Nashville -- it's kinda like a Scientology cathedral, so serious business. Their Chairman (like a Pope), David Miscavige, was in town and brought OSA agents with him for protection. There were five of us who decided to come and protest for the benefit of all of the people who were being led down an alternate route because 8th was closed for the Scientologists' party. Four of us were going to protest and one successfully infiltrated the Scientology party.

The Scientologists had purchased a permit for the sidewalks from Olympic to Vernon (i41.tinypic.com...), so we knew we could stand at the corner opposite Olympic and 8th. We could see the beginning of the sidewalk closed area on the other side of Olympic (i40.tinypic.com...).

As we started walking up to the intersection, a combination of OSA members and people from a local security company ran toward us (i41.tinypic.com... -- the suit woman in the background is definitely OSA bureaucracy), screaming that we need to '#ING TURN AROUND' and that the sidewalk was closed. When we tried to say that the permit didn't reach this far down on 8th, they said that we were wrong and that we needed to leave. OSA is vicious, so we said that fine, we would go behind the sign they were talking about (the LEFT LANE CLOSED sign which the woman said was the beginning of the closed sidewalk).

Eventually, they pinned one of the Anons to the ground (i44.tinypic.com...) and told us that if we didn't leave, they were going to arrest us too and that the Anon was going to jail because he broke the law. A Google Street View shows that is not the case (bayimg.com...).

The rest is in the video.

www.youtube.com...

- Picture of the outspoken female Sci-hired rent-a-cop. Disgusting!

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Merrigold]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Sue the facist bastards. You know that they're loaded since they steal all their followers money.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Man those scientology folks are like robot's with a bad attitude. Pretty weird and frightening at the same time.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I looked at the picture and that woman and her cohorts look pretty piggish. Is there any legal recourse to the incident. A plain security guard doesn't have the power of a policeman. It would be cool if someone sued them.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This seems suspect to me. I think that the case is in fact that the Scientologists were in the right and the protesters did cross over into a restricted area.

The Scientologists had a permit. They were doing things the right way, covering their asses legally. The protesters were pushing past the point of reason.

Protesting is an art form. It has to be done the right way in order to be legal and effective. Being provocative and aggressive when protesting causes trouble.

I don't particularly like Scientology however as a free society that respects other religions I think the protesters were in the wrong here. Like it or not Scientologists have constitutional rights too, they have the right to practice their religion peacefully. Even if it is a deluded sham of a religion, it is a religion, and one that should be tolerated.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
They could sue pretty easily it looks like from this standpoint. I say find the best lawyer you can find and put it in the headlines. These people are hypocrites plain as day. I'd really like to see something come of the anon protests against these people, mainly something to irreparably harm their image through the use of the MSM.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I saw a protest against Scientology in Montreal a few weeks back. Nobody approached the protesters and what's more; the protesters had it all wrong. I'm not a fan of scientology, but as someone mentioned earlier, it's an official religion and should be treated with the same courtesy as any religion.

I did, however, read Dianetics. Ron Hubbard was no fool; just read the highlights of his biography. He connected most ailments to stress 30 or 40 years before anybody else. That doesn't make his religion right, nor do I agree with everything in Dianetics, I'm just pointing out that the guy was no fool by any stretch of the imagination.

Back to that Montreal protest, they had signs saying that Scientology promoted abortion. Dianetics is directly opposed to abortion and considers it murder.

So, a bunch of protesters who have no idea what they're talking about, start a commotion and it annoys people; what a novel idea...

I'd like to see these people start protesting the Catholic church; it is so old that there's an abondunce of events worth protesting... Wonder what would happen then?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Anybody notice that Scientologists are advertising one of Hubbard's books here on ATS? They troll for the misunderstood and the folks who don't have something to believe in and then fleece them for all they are worth. You never here about all the kids that can't take the training and become damaged goods that the Hubbardites throw out in the street after they drain all the resources from them. It may be called a religion but its a Ponzie scheme that some day will come back to haunt all those that fall for it. I really feel sorry for all those kids of the Hollywood elite that will never be able to function other than with Hubbardite controllers and teachers at their side. Should any fall from grace they will be demonized and also put out with the trash!

Zindo

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Ajmusicmedia - You are obviously unaware of the Sea Org then.

Read this.
www.xenu-directory.net...

And watch this
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Merrigold]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
If they want to be treated like a religion, they need to start acting like one.

A church opened down the street from me and there were no hired goons!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Copy-and-paste Internet spam removed.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RevJimJesus

Oh, lookie, a real $cientology shill. Right here on ATS. Xenu loves you, $cientology dude!

Here's a 60 minutes video about $cientolgy, and the Cult Awareness Network.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by SpacePunk]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
People don't protest good things.

There are plenty of bad things that people don't protest over, but it seems to me that when people do protest something, it's never a good thing.

ie abortion, I see it as a bad thing, even though I'm pro choice.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
CoS is famous for it's Gestapo tactics when people who point out it's inconsistencies or dissent when they do something wrong. They cannot tolerate anything but their own high falluting opinions of themselves that it borders on proto-fascism, proto-communism. They still carry on in the L. Ron hubbard way.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Well, looks like the rent-a-cops and the security firm are screwed.

Local media ran with the story. Videos of the news reports.

"Protester claims he was bullied by Police"
www.wsmv.com... - News Article
www.youtube.com... - News video clip - part 1

"Scientology Security Permits Not Valid
Permits Valid Day Before Event Occurred; Officers Not Clearly Identified"
www.wsmv.com... - News article
www.youtube.com... - News video clip - part 2

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
There was pretty clear pictures of them. That's a nice lie that they weren't identified.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
This seems suspect to me. I think that the case is in fact that the Scientologists were in the right and the protesters did cross over into a restricted area.

That, whatukno, is pure conjecture. You have no idea. Looks like the kids did it right...if they sorted out ahead of time what the permits laid out and acted accordingly. The key to the actions in question, though, is whether they were right.

I'd get that straight, first and if the rent-a-cops were in error, talk to a lawyer and sue everything in sight.

Good posting, guys. Fight for your rights...there aren't a whole bunch left these days.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
scientology has to be one of the biggest scams to exist....not only are they scamming people for money but they use religion to do so....

top topics

join