It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FLU.. Seeking Advice..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Go to the doctor if you are concerned. We don't have your medical history, nor can examine you, nor test you.

Just go. It's not a big deal.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
You have a cold.

when you spike a fever, or start getting really tired get back to us.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
The less effective your immune system is, the less violent the reaction to the flu will be.

Wow... that's brilliant. We should tell everybody with AIDS to stop boosting their immune systems too. Theirs are "really" less effective so they should do great!

I am only speaking from personal experience here as a person with Leukopenia/Neutropenia (oh, an 18 years in the Emergency Medical field) but in my humble opinion it's always better to have a healthy immune system when you are sick.

And I wasn't talking about sticking zinc up your nose. I was specifically referring to clinical studies that suggest antivirals such as Tamiflu and the amantidine-class of medications are only marginally effective and at best only reduce duration of symptoms by an average of one day.

One day more of symptoms, in my opinion, is worth not risking a trip to the ER where you can either expose or be exposed to something nastier.

Here is a link to the Tamiflu page itself showing only a 1.3 day reduction in symptoms:

Tamiflu

[edit on 5/2/09 by emsed1]

Only the poster is correct.

The thing that kills you with this type of flu is the SARDS, a respiratory sydrome caused by a robustly health adults immune system being overly effective and tagging the virus in the lungs AND THE LUNG'S TISSUE as being invaders. The immune system attacks the lungs, damaging the tissue, and the mucus builds up. Effectively suffocating and drowning you.

You don't want a BAD immune system. You just don't want one that is triggered to go into overdrive.

The thing that kills you is the absolute opposite of your examples.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

The SARDs?
Is that SARS?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Garlic, ginger, collodial silver, water, pedialite popscicles, and carnation instant breakfast......

You may smell garlicky, but you will FEEl the yucky escaping through every pore.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to post by Aeons

The SARDs?
Is that SARS?

Related phenomena in some ways.

SARDS is Sudden Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome is the syndrome that is triggered by the cytokine storm.

SARS is Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome, also triggered by a cytokine storm I believe.

SARDS is I think more commonly called ARDS.

en.wikipedia.org...

Could be that they've just been trying to avoid saying "SARS" is being caused by this H1N1 Influenza A variant.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by volitionawareness

Rife Machine! www.rife.org

The Rife machine destroys bacteria and virus on a cellular level with a type of frequency broadcasting.

Get to a rife machine QUICK!

This is no BS. The only catch is that you want to make sure you get a real Rife machine and not an imitation or knock off.

Their is a Rife clinic in Colorado I believe. You can buy a system online but they are very expensive.

Do your research, understand that the medical industry has suppressed this device for over 60 years, Fakes have been passed off as RIfe machines to further discredit the invention But find one and use it.

You can also Search ATS for more info about the rife machine.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Generally, when one gets sick with the flu, a cold, or an infection, the body raises its temperature as the bacteria, or viruses can only live within a narrow temperature range.

The body seems to know this, elevates the temperature to slow the spread of the infection, and in turn kill off some of the pathogens.

The last time around, every time I could think of it, I sprayed by throat with zinc, my nose passages with salt water, and even though I was burning up, I lay on a heating pad while drinking lots of fluids.

It knocked it out in record time.

Heat I've learned over the years, will do many things. An infected wound, an abcess, a cold, and a virus. I have also been surprised to find the antimicrobial properties of silver.

I'm thinking of adding some nanosilver to be ingested the next time around. Silver kills everything bad.

We in society tend to fight fever. To reduce fever. When it's the fever that kills what ails us.

Prior to antibiotics, folks with syphillus even were infected by yellow fever intentionally. If they survived the yellow fever, the elevated temperature was sufficient to kill the syphillus.

And yes, it was the elevated temperature that did it.

In SF, we had to learn all sorts of practical field medicine as we may find ourselves in primitive conditions without proper supplies.

This was just another thing we learned about how the body works, and how to use those things to help the body do its job.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I would have never thought of a heating pad with a fever but that is a really interesting point.

That advice might be handy too in a SHTF scenario and you needed to get back on your feet.

A lot of folks have mentioned silver. Haven't some people turned permanently blue from colloidal silver?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
this is what I love about ATS (mind you, there is a lot I dislike about it too)..

I was mad sick at home (still am) and couldn't go to work; I work at a high school, in close proximity with dozens of adults and children all day long; under the circumstances, I was advised to stay away, so as to not cause any concern or, heaven forbid, panic, with my violent coughing..

..so, I feel like crap, can't go anywhere -- hey.. whatayaknow? there's a major threadstorm going on ATS about swine flu and the like; let's toss something out there for discussion..

..that's all this was, and all it is: I am not a hypochondriac, a fear-monger, or a cyber-loner; I just felt like getting a disscussion going, to see if there might be any cool info I hadn't thought of before..

..I thank all of you posters who understand this thread for what it IS, and for offering interesting knowledge and wisdom about health remedies and such..

.. as for the negatory vibes..? well.. they're not going to make me any sicker, 'cause I'm not listening !!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

If you take in too much silver, and I mean a lot, it will discolor your skin and hair. But my God, you've have to be continually ingesting large amounts of silver.

I was thinking more about nano-silver. Thus, it spreads throughout the body, and in time is passed.

You put a grain of silver in a petri dish, and though you can grow some hairy stuff, it won't come near the silver.

In the nineteenth century, men who traveled out West frequently put a few silver coins in their canteens to purify their water.

Silver simply has anti-microbial properties. Put directly on a festering wound, it will clear it up in no time. Especially when you add HEAT.

Just little things to put in the back of your mind for those times when necessity demands correction.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Something very simple to tide you over when you are sick that has not been mentioned here is miso soup. Get the best miso you can obtain, preferably biodynamic, and have a spoonful mixed into hot water.

If you have to look after yourself when you are ill, this is a real lifesaver. Don't worry about the high salt content. When you are ill with a sore throat you need the extra salt, and it's much more soothing than jello and ice-cream.

Vitamin C, cod-liver oil, garlic and zinc have already been mentioned, and are all helpful. Oats and currants is a simple meal that supplies many vitamins and bioflavenoids which make the vitamin C much more effective.

Both green tea and diluted dark grape juice also help.

Probably the most important advice of all is simply to keep your liquids up in whatever manner you can, as dehydration is the most frequent case of flu deaths. And don't use straight fruit juice or sugared soda drinks, as the amount of sugar in these causes worse dehydration.

Popsicles of 50/50 fruit juice and live plain yoghurt are soothing and useful too.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Excellent advice you have given here.
A high fever has been shown to destroy young cancer cells too.

It's amazing how much simple and useful health knowledge has been lost, or ridiculed as "old wives tales".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join