It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

north and south korea!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
! south korea is basically defencless against any attack from any angle. the ROK army is a joke and rely on the us soldiers to do wht they can not. although, the us strategy plan for an attack on south korea is just this,-

if s korea was to be attacked, the us forces would advance, attack, draw back, advane one more time, and then leave, yeah, thats right, just pack up and leave to let south korea handle their own stuff, its messed up i know!!

plans for the us to pull out of s korea have already been formulated and are siad to be carried out by 2011, only two years andthe us is to be completley drawn out of korea, so far the only actions taken are, the us base yongson, in seoul korea is giving over all guard posts and command centers over to the ROK army, thouhg this has not been completley caried out, it is dragging on so this will take a good year to finish, all of the us force on yongson are said to be moved to camp casey!!

[edit on 2-5-2009 by bravozuloo]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
South Korea's Total Military Force Strength: 3,717,000 Persons

United States Of America Total Military Force Strength: 3,385,400 Persons

...you were saying?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
If after 50 years the South Koreans cannot defend themselves, they deserve to fall. They have had more than enough time to prepare.

I say pull out every last American troop and bring them home. Then let the chips fall where they may.

It is not Americas place to keep the boogey man at bay. Especially when the boogeyman is a little nut jobber like Kim il Sung.

South Korea has had more than enough time to put on their fighting gloves. Lets see what they can do.

These are just my humble thoughts,

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Yea I generally agree, it's not our fight anymore, if it ever was. Besides I think that South Korea has a big bit of backup in the fact that any fighting in East Asia is going to be stopped quickly and overwhelmingly by China. The Eastern Superpower has a vested interest in the stability and continued economic growth of their region and would be loath to let a little wannabee like Kim put that in doubt, even if he is an "ally"

new topics

top topics

join