It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a country-sized UFO hover above Switzerland last month?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Did a country-sized UFO hover above Switzerland last month?
www.--.com...

On the morning of Friday the 24th of April of this year employees at MeteoSwiss (Switzerland’s meteorological department) got the surprise of their lives. Huge circular fields hovering over Switzerland were picked up by their radars (picture above). The blue coloured circles covered the entire country. The question was asked as to whether a massive UFO was in the upper-atmosphere above the scenic mountainous nation or perhaps these circles were signs of an imminent hurricane.

Felix Schacher, a senior Meteorologist at MeteoSwiss claimed the circles were not UFOs or the signs of a hurricane about to wreak havoc on his country. Mr Schacher told the Swiss news site ’20 Minutes’ that they were merely caused by the reflection of water droplets. A few minutes after being queried on the issue the radar images were hurriedly removed from the departments website. Are we being told everything the Swiss meteorological knows about these radar images? Many Swiss UFO researchers have left comments on various internet forums expressing their doubt about that.

I am trying to find out some more on this and will presume that it is rain droplets ,however there does seem to be some doubt and considering that the images were" were hurriedly removed from the departments website
www.20min.ch...

Any thoughts on this?

[edit on 2-5-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Well firstly I've seen this kind of effect on my local radar before.

Secondly, where are the witness reports of such a large UFO?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Well I am unfamiliar with radar shots and can not find anything on the net about this case so far,so probably rubbish.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Well firstly I've seen this kind of effect on my local radar before.

Interesting Chadwickus, what effect is it? Where and when did you see it, over what area. Does it have a name? Could you point to a wikipedia article on it, it seems like a pretty interesting weather phenomenon.

OFF TOPIC: Next time yr looking for a hyper-masculine scary avatar Chadwickus, maybe you could grab something from this video
lolsss

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

I'm not sure what causes it, the radar I saw it on was a doplar radar from HERE.

I should clarify the circle I saw was only about a half circle.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
And this could not be the LHC ? Match it to a map.

I have no time to do it.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gusan

Bit hard when it's not in operation at the moment.

Maybe it's the swine flu?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Here's a couple more of the radar shots from the original source:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f782dce3118.jpg[/atsimg]

I've been trying to find an archive of these because it's claimed that the images were removed once someone spotted them, what's more likely is the images update every 10 minutes so whatever anomaly was there will eventually disappear.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Chadwickus is right.
I watch weather radar a lot, being quite interested in all that kind of thing.
In fact my IE home page is the Sydney 128K radar loop.
These radar anomolies are very common.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Nice work chad, have you got a link for that site as I could not find it.Thanks Tarifa37

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Link:
www.20min.ch...

Click on weiter>>

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
"radar angels". Radar waves bounce off anything that will reflect them, from strips of aluminum foil to birds to a heavy mist. If its consistent through an area you'll get a solid return. Until the software sorts it out, of course.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Spot on Chad

A not uncommon anomaly with weather radar. We also sometimes see a series of lines radiating out from there the radar is situated. Most times they disappear on the next update.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
20minutes is a rag. It's reporting is crap. They are the Swiss version of The Sun really. I asked my mum, she saw nothing and it has not been reported anywhere else. She lives in Luzern.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Thanks for your replies,it would seem that this is a totally bogus report of an everyday radar shot.

Thread Closed

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
If it is water droplets or some other natural phenomenon, then why would it be in a perfect circle (and it is a perfect circle, just put it in any image editor and superimpose a circle over it). It's either bouncing off of something artificial, or its a flaw in the radar.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Sounds like a perfect story for Allnewsweb really

Their credibility is getting worse every day.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Spot on Chad

A not uncommon anomaly with weather radar. We also sometimes see a series of lines radiating out from there the radar is situated. Most times they disappear on the next update.

What causes this effect? is it at the radar?

Or is it from some kind of atmospheric disturbance?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidLight
If it is water droplets or some other natural phenomenon, then why would it be in a perfect circle (and it is a perfect circle, just put it in any image editor and superimpose a circle over it). It's either bouncing off of something artificial, or its a flaw in the radar.

Because the radar swings around in a circle, so the returns are in a circle. The frequencies "doppler" off at a distance, so the rings are at the optimum range for those conditions. Nothing mysterious about it, just physics. (Well . . . psychics can be a bit mysterious if you haven't had any.)

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Sounds like a perfect story for Allnewsweb really

Their credibility is getting worse every day.

You are not wrong there pal,they are always reporting on these ufo sightings with earth shattering headlines and then you look a bit closer and its all pap.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join