It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus the Jewish messiah?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
We all know the Judean opinion of Jesus Christ, he is used as a repetitive expletive in almost every Hollywood production.

But thinking in retrospect, would Israel exist today if not for the Christ Followers of modern times?

Indeed without Adolf Hitler, the Israel case for the invasion of Palestine, would surely have been countermined without argument.?

It is curious indeed the allies that have enabled the modern day Israeli state to exist.

The question needs to be asked,why are we so stupid?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

why are we so stupid?

That's just our human nature , i guess.
As for the issue itself, the connection is not that clear. Christianity and Judaism have a long list of mutual quarrels - and not only theological. Blood was spilled in abundance too. However it is known that Christianity was based on Judaism simply due to the fact that Jesus and majority of his students were Jews, just as majority of first Christians. Even Romans mixed between Judaism and early Christianity.
Problem is that representatives of Judaism never recognized Jesus as meshiah or prophet , not to speak about son of God. So there is nothing that can conclusively show that your suggestion is true. There were several revolts in Judea under Roman rule after Jesus issue - all with hope of freeing the country from foreign control. So to create a competing religion just in hope that some day it can be used to get the same land which was still inhabited by Jews who did not loose hope to get it by force of arms at the time - your question might be applied to this theory too.

Keep in mind, while Hitler (what he has to do with Christianity anyway?) was only an Austrian painter - British government allready promised Zionists Jewish national state in Palestine.
By the way - how do you see someone planning something 2000 years ago and it really happening? This is impossible, unless one considered other human beings super-smart/intelligent/cunning and himself - not.
And according to my experience - there are smart people everywhere and idiots everywhere.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

I believe that Jesus is the Saviour of the world. If Jews repudiate him, so be it.

It was Jews who crucified him (well, it was Pontius Pilate, but backed by the Jewish population, because Pilate was a weak man from Rome, who gave the Jews the chance to save one of their own. They said "Crucify him!")

He is the Saviour of anyone who believes in him, Jews not more or less than others.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Oh, btw, I did not answer your question. We are very stupid even though we have brilliant brains.

As to why, I can only postulate the work of the devil, maybe?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Jesus was a thorn in the side of the Jews and their elitist society of the day. His teachings flew in the face of Jewish belief and tradition. Definitely not a messiah to the Jews by any stretch of the imagination!

However, as irony would have it, the Jews wouldn't have the Israel home state now if it wasn't for the Christians/Gentiles/Goyim that subsequently followed Jesus' teachings.

They should consider themselves very fortunate and dare I say thankful!

IRM

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

why are we so stupid?

That's just our human nature , i guess.
As for the issue itself, the connection is not that clear. Christianity and Judaism have a long list of mutual quarrels - and not only theological. Blood was spilled in abundance too. However it is known that Christianity was based on Judaism simply due to the fact that Jesus and majority of his students were Jews, just as majority of first Christians. Even Romans mixed between Judaism and early Christianity.
Problem is that representatives of Judaism never recognized Jesus as meshiah or prophet , not to speak about son of God. So there is nothing that can conclusively show that your suggestion is true. There were several revolts in Judea under Roman rule after Jesus issue - all with hope of freeing the country from foreign control. So to create a competing religion just in hope that some day it can be used to get the same land which was still inhabited by Jews who did not loose hope to get it by force of arms at the time - your question might be applied to this theory too.

Keep in mind, while Hitler (what he has to do with Christianity anyway?) was only an Austrian painter - British government allready promised Zionists Jewish national state in Palestine.
By the way - how do you see someone planning something 2000 years ago and it really happening? This is impossible, unless one considered other human beings super-smart/intelligent/cunning and himself - not.
And according to my experience - there are smart people everywhere and idiots everywhere.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by ZeroKnowledge]

True, people who watch one movie after another where Christ is used as in replace of a dirty swear word on every turn would indeed be branded very stupid if they were not muslim, but alas we watch movie after movie(the latest being the Da vinci code, starring Jewish actors ect ectand we all hand over our money decade after decade, then whilst Christ is being vilified and ridiculed still attend church and support the same producers with zilch nada respect for the majority USA , european audience, and we give them more funds to pursue their agenda of Zionism,mmm yes that word that most people have no comprehension of.

Brainwashing continues now at the plasma , LCD giant screen but has been spinning for decades.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Conspire
We all know the Judean opinion of Jesus Christ, he is used as a repetitive expletive in almost every Hollywood production.

But thinking in retrospect, would Israel exist today if not for the Christ Followers of modern times?

Indeed without Adolf Hitler, the Israel case for the invasion of Palestine, would surely have been countermined without argument.?

It is curious indeed the allies that have enabled the modern day Israeli state to exist.

I'm not sure I follow your point. History is a long and winding road with many causative factors and events.

America, under various administrations, has done far far more damage to the world over the years than Israel. Does that mean the British are stupid for allowing America to exist?

Should I start a thread about Britain's taxation laws that lead to the Boston Tea Party?

Or should I start a thread about the Saxon invasion of Lower England which eventually led to the unification of England, which led to the colonisation of North America?

Only two things are clear to me from your post: 1. You don't believe that Israel has a right to exist as a nation, and 2. you think that Jews dictate Hollywood movie scripts.

The first point I respectfully disagree with. The second point I find downright bizarre.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
It was Jews who crucified him (well, it was Pontius Pilate, but backed by the Jewish population, because Pilate was a weak man from Rome, who gave the Jews the chance to save one of their own. They said "Crucify him!")

Yeah the poor, powerless Romans were bullied into hammering the nails in by their subjugated Jewish population.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roark

Originally posted by Dr Conspire

I'm not sure I follow your point. History is a long and winding road with many causative factors and events.

America, under various administrations, has done far far more damage to the world over the years than Israel. Does that mean the British are stupid for allowing America to exist?

Should I start a thread about Britain's taxation laws that lead to the Boston Tea Party?

Or should I start a thread about the Saxon invasion of Lower England which eventually led to the unification of England, which led to the colonisation of North America?

Only two things are clear to me from your post: 1. You don't believe that Israel has a right to exist as a nation, and 2. you think that Jews dictate Hollywood movie scripts.

The first point I respectfully disagree with. The second point I find downright bizarre.

No one says Israel has no right to exist , with respect I did not in any way state that.
Perhaps you can explain to me where I wrote those words?

I believe Jews do write most of the Hollywood scripts of modern day.

I base this on factual observation.

Anyone who has not made this observation, must be very blind to reality.

In fact anyone who can type into Google can verify this premise.

Good on the Jews, my point is about Christian ignorance, nothing to do with anything else, and well within my rights as a human being who is not Jewish, hindu, muslim,buddhist ect, and hey Iam amongst a majority in the western world.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I ascertained (apparently incorrectly) from your post that it was stupid of "us" (the Allied Nations) to have allowed the State of Israel to exist. My sincere apologies for this misunderstanding.

Could you advise me as to what I can type into Google to determine whether or not the Jews write most of the scripts that surface in Hollywood? I would hate to be "blind to reality".

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

The Jews in hollywood are not religious, why would they care?

Maybe you are just pissed off because Christianity has failed to exterminate or convert all of us. And no jesus will never be the Jewish messiah no matter how many times you proclaim him to be. The messiah cannot be a dead guy

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Jews do not believe that Jesus Christ was the Messiah.

Your argument thus falls before the very first hurdle ..... So I really don't know what the point of this thread is?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

www.biblecodedigest.com...

Yeshua is indeed the Jewish Messiah as He is for all of us here on Earth.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan we were so prosperous as a country (US) because we helped the jewish people. watch what happens when we turn our backs on them.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
reply to post by Essan

Yeshua is indeed the Jewish Messiah as He is for all of us here on Earth.

Your links are referencing isaiah 53. Isaiah 53 historically has never been a messianic verse. Israel is the suffering servant not Jesus. nice try though

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by stringcheese

The cluster inside of it is referencing the messiah.

Bible codes are indeed a real phenomena.

EDIT:

The servant of Isaiah 53 is an innocent and guiltless sufferer. Israel is never described as sinless. Isaiah 1:4 says of the nation: "Alas sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity. A brood of evildoers, children who are corrupters!"

www.konig.org...

[edit on 10-5-2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes

The cluster inside of it is referencing the messiah.

Bible codes are indeed a real phenomena.

EDIT:

The servant of Isaiah 53 is an innocent and guiltless sufferer. Israel is never described as sinless. Isaiah 1:4 says of the nation: "Alas sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity. A brood of evildoers, children who are corrupters!"

www.konig.org...

Isaiah 41.8 "but you. Israel, MY servant..."

Isaiah 44.21 " Remember these things, O Jacob For you o Israel, are My servant: i fashioned you, you are my servant..."

it is clear from other passages withn Isaiah who the servant is.
Also, Isaiah 53 never describes the servant as sinless.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

When Yeshua comes on the clouds of heaven in all His power and glory and kills people by the words of His mouth in His wrath you will probably think different. Yeshua is the Jewish Messiah. Many Old Testament Scriptures suggest it. Of course if you follow the Old Law I can't really say much other than Yeshua is the Ancient of Days that will come. He is was and is to be.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Not only are there some out there that would disagree with Jesus being the cause for the state of Israel , rather some might argue that it was the " worlds elite " that Israel has to thank for it's nationhood .

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I'm sure that doesn't affect the prophecy of Israel's re founding. So it was re founded by them but still re founded. Israel will be key in the next few years. I'm sure they think they're on the brink of The Messiah coming to build their temple...oh dear.

Messiah was rejected by many and not so many didn't reject Him as well. His name was Yeshua. He will some day return for His people in Israel and all others. Those who do not believe in Him will perish. Yikes I know but that's how it has to be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join