It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu Panic to put the final fatality on the U.S. economy... FINISH HIM!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Yep, it's looking more and more like this mass panic is what's gonna crash the economy and usher in a new agenda.

I'm not sure how long it will take... but my GUESS is we will be seeing a depression by the end of the summer, and a Fresh Idea (from TPTB) in action by the year 2010.

I can't believe how many people are freaking out about this.

I don't know what scares me more... The H1N1 Swine Flu, or Societie's fear of it and overreaction..

I have a friend that works at a very nice Hotel here in Texas... She was suppose to be checking in 75 guests tonight, but 60 of them cancelled and she is only expecting 15 guests to arrive instead.

You have Joe Biden and others in the media are putting fear into the public about traveling on a plane, and attending public events.

And other people I know are debating weather or not they should go to the grocery store.

We are shutting down schools left and right across the nation... How long is this going to last?

Oh well... It was only a matter of time anyway... I think I'll be doing some shopping tomorrow just incase we decide to shut down the country over a simple flu.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Schools that haven't shut down yet, are having the kids be pulled out at an alarming rate.

I go to a store thats usually busy, and it's like the place is out of business, and I try to figure out if it's the economy and noone has money, or everyone become a hypochondriac and are afraid of swine flu, I know hypochondriac is thinking you have it, but you get my point!

I think we still have one more big thing coming, I see it on the horizon, I just have this feeling that we're only halfway through the pig sht.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
I just have this feeling that we're only halfway through the pig sht.

I have a feeling that this pig sht hasn't even started.

We aren't going to contain it... it's too late for that.

So it's gonna be around for awhile... and things are gonna get worse and worse everyday with no end in sight.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'm not seeing it guys. Everyone I know is living normally...well...at least as normal as they can be based on the economy.

I don't see anyone I know freaking out. Most of them think it's way overblown.

I know this is just my area...but the whole country isn't flipping out....at least in my case.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by David9176]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know. This is madness on all levels. I talked to my dad today (who is a retired LA cop of 22 years) and he was screaming "it's all a scam!" and used some other verb-oriented expletives for the politicians in this country.

The slow-motion train-wreck continues, in my best Lloyd Christmas voice "yippee!"

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

www.youtube.com...

You need to do better than that

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
A relatively soft dollar has made the United States a still popular destination even in a world wide economic slump. While Tourism was down in places like Miami Beach where I live before this Swine Flu scare, it has still been relatively brisk this season up until now. Tourism is one of the few things that brings in hard foreign currency since we produce little in the way of exportable merchandise.

Cities like Miami, Orlando, New York City, Los Angeles and San Francisco, El Passo, and hefty portions of Colorado rake in big money on tourism and some like Orlando are entirely dependent on Tourism Dollars to keep their local economies churning. Thank goodness none of these are big or important cities and parts of the economy...oops.

The New World Order is simply putting up a sign...No Life Perservers Allowed!

I was in the Travel Business in 1991, I owned a Travel Agency...when the First Gulf War took place, business people and tourists stopped traveling for the better part of a year on just the veiled threat that there might be terrorist reprisals...flying on a recycled closed atmosphere aircraft for hours during a supposed deadly flu outbreak...my business took a 75% hit in 1991 just on the innuendo of a possible threat...now consider what a hit tourism and international business travel is going to take on this...

ATS helps a lot of intelligent people learn a lot of very worthwhile things and teach a lot of very worthwhile things...one thing is for sure though...conspiracy theorists sure can spread panic when there is something remotely having the potential to raise alarm over.

We are likely hurting ourselves big time by jumping on this one as strongly as many members are.

The world really does not have to end on 2012 people, the Anti-Christ does not really have to show up before then, and the New World Order does not have to be allowed to have their victory assumed to be eventual or handed to them.

I favor conspiracies more than I do skeptic denial, but it's times like this conspiracy theorists like me, should work hand in hand with skeptics to temper a response instead of hopping all over it to adapt to our favorite theories.

We just might at this rate turn out to be "To clever for our own good"

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I favor conspiracies more than I do skeptic denial, but it's times like this conspiracy theorists like me, should work hand in hand with skeptics to temper a response instead of hopping all over it to adapt to our favorite theories.

And let me add a theory I've been trying to push on ATS for some time now... What if the 9-11 truth movement prooves that it wasn't 19 hijackers?

What then? ......More problems.

I tend to think that the conspiracy theorists are a piece of the chess board for TPTB.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I went to work out tonight and normally on a Friday night it will be a little less busy but you still get a bunch of people who work out before the go out for the night. It was dead, very odd dead. I even said to the manager" wow your guys are slow tonight" he said "yeah its been like that all day."

And to close with my way out of left field thought for the day.

www.comcast.net...

Hydroxycut gets pulled off the shelves today. I would bet the US spends more on diet pills like this then anyone else in the world. What if there is stuff in it that helps prevent this H1N1 from working or taking effect? It was the number one selling weight loss pill in the US and they didn't fight at all with the FDA who decided after 1 19 year old killed died to pull it. I'm pretty sure more people have died because of an allergic reaction to a condom then the ratio of deaths from people taking hydroxycut.

Odd to me.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

And let me add a theory I've been trying to push on ATS for some time now... What if the 9-11 truth movement prooves that it wasn't 19 hijackers?

What then? ......More problems.

I tend to think that the conspiracy theorists are a piece of the chess board for TPTB.

That's a really big star for you my friend...

In truth we are being slowly made aware of key things in a way that a small percentage of us will be not only succeptible to subtle manipulations but a rare few might even be openly and directly recruited.

Ask yourself this? You start out with some suspiscions some alarm, your concerned but you are still none the less skeptical and want to know more. One door leads to another, and your alarm and suspiscions increase with your new found knowledge, you keep digging and learning and contemplating more and more things you never have before...you keep getting closer to the truth of it all...sucked in like a moth to the flame...you finally get to the bottom of it and what if...what if when you finally know the whole truth of it all...why they did, for what purpose you find yourself saying ah ha...this makes perfect sense...no wonder they did it...I can't believe I am saying this, now that I am actually seeing it, but I think it was the smart right thing to do...

Wow! Now think about that...your no longer a sheep, you know all there is to know, with every piece of the puzzle complete...it draws a much prettier and sensible picture than you ever thought it would...

Pure conjecture...but what would you do? What would any of us do at that point?

Imagine what an assett you might potentially be to the Powers that Be at that point?

Pretty scary scenario huh?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I think that since the majority have not really seen or lived through a pandemic it is hard to fathom, it gets chalked up with any other flu or communicable disease, the facts are that this same exact thing happened before, we will not see overnight , over months repercussions, but at some point the disease may take hold and fester and worse mutate into something that the body has absolutely no defense against, basically pneumonia is the endpoint and sepsis.

How many people do you know have had pneumonia? I have known a few and the thing is it can kill you and it is hit or miss, now couple that with the flu which hits you first, you are so weakened by that it is very hard to fight off pneumonia which comes afterwards then your lungs fill with fluid and you drown, yes people are surviving but I really think people are possibly taking it too lightly because they can neither see it and also immediately high death tolls are not happening.

The human mind is weird in that it will panic only when it sees a threat, not hear it or read that it is coming, sort of like the end of the world LOL.

At any length if it gets into a large population at one time in the U.S. like a major city like NYC that is a hub for other city travel and worldwide it is very easy to see this thing could spread, the next month or so is sort of key, however, also it was said the flu could go away and then resurface in the fall, it did that before also and then mutated which made it the killer it was in 1918, anyhow I am not a gloom and doomer but I do use common sense and history has been proven to repeat itself.

new topics

top topics

join