It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
I had seen the time of the post, but, thought maybe she was relating something from earlier in the day...
I was just sitting on my couch reading a thread and I heard a terrifying noise. An air siren was going off.
Have a great crisis !
If you lived in Tornado Ally long enough then you really don't need a siren to tell you to take shelter.
The county will sound these sirens for three to five minutes when:
* The National Weather Service issues a severe thunderstorm warning with a tornado watch.
* The National Weather Service issues a tornado warning.
* A tornado has been spotted or reported by public safety officials.
* Additional weather warnings are issued.
* National Security events.
* Hazardous material incidents where evacuation or other action may be warranted.
Several sirens have the capability of broadcasting voice messages.
The majority of sirens will not specify the type of storm or emergency; therefore, you need to tune into your local radio or television station for further information.