It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist bets he can stand waterboarding for 15 seconds (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
THIS IS MUST SEE - WATERBOARDING BY PRO:

www.sheilacasey.com...

Not torture? - Jail the BUSHes!

[edit on 1-5-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
that was cool.

What was the "Impeach Bush" all about. you realize Obama is running this country right now dont ya?

Ima have my brother waterboard me to see what all the fuss is about

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Psychological torture is as bad as pain. Pain goes away fear and psychosis does not.

2nd line

[edit on 1-5-2009 by timewalker]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Wops, "Jail the Bushes" I mean... So damn tired.

... Cool video - first time I really understand what is really about. Seen some pics, but those wont give the feeling, understanding. I m very sorry for those who have gone that... I think much more than 15 seconds.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker
Psychological torture is as bad as pain. Pain goes away fear and psychosis does not.

2nd line

Now, now--why would you think that? Don't you know that the only torture is that which causes physical damage? If you can't see it on the skin, it may as well have never happened.

Apparently, most forms of abuse that we currently prosecute should go by the wayside, because they leave no "long-term" markers on the bodies of the victims.
Who are these idiots? Cavemen? We know very well that psychological damage is life-altering. But apparently we need to see blood, blood and more blood...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Jesus christ

Search "Reporter Waterboard"

First result:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

27 page article, about the exact same thing. Different videos though.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by king9072]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

thats what i was thinking but i remember scuba diving once and your brain has a strange auto panic thing going on at first with no airtank it may be way worse i`ll let ya know over the weekend how it gose

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
S&F Everyone should watch this video. The journalist was under no duress or implied fear of death... and he still could not handle it. He states that his brain automatically took over, and he began to panic as soon as his nose filled with water. He knew all he had to do was last 15 seconds...

This was a very eye opening video on waterboarding. Now I understand why it really is torture.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
THIS IS MUST SEE - WATERBOARDING BY PRO:

www.sheilacasey.com...

Not torture? - Jail the BUSHes!

[edit on 1-5-2009 by JanusFIN]

You do realize that the interrogator was more than qualified and justified in his opinion that it was not torture, do you not? ALL, repeat ALL of the interrogators who administer such methods of psychological manipulation and interrogation, must they themselves go through and pass the process in order to even take part in such actions. It is similar to all of the LEO's who must subject themselves to Pepper Spray, Tear Gas, and Tazers before they are qualified to even handle and/or carry such devices.

If all of these interrogators have been able to pass such interrogative techniques, and MANY within our Special Operations community have done the same, then what does that say about their level of endurance as opposed to this "Average Joe" reporter?

What does it say when it takes over 100 such sessions to break a Terrorist, whereas it only took 5 seconds to break this journalist?

Remember, those individuals who are being Water boarded are not your average criminals, they are complete fanatics, and half of them are quite utterly insane in the purest sense of the term.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
That wasn't a US soldier.

We haven't worn that uniform for about 4 or 5 years.

I'm thinking it was staged.

Doesn't change the meaning of the video. I just think its a fake.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
That wasn't a US soldier.

We haven't worn that uniform for about 4 or 5 years.

I'm thinking it was staged.

Doesn't change the meaning of the video. I just think its a fake.

Let me get this straight...

- Reporter bets that he can stand waterboarding for 15 seconds, of which he is the second to make this bet...

- He fails and drops out of the test prematurely just as the other reporter did...

And you conclude its fake? Every single person ever subjected to water boarding all say the same thing "it's terrifying"

Ya, lets fake it... sigh... were doomed.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aceofclubs

Originally posted by Common Good

thats what i was thinking but i remember scuba diving once and your brain has a strange auto panic thing going on at first with no airtank it may be way worse i`ll let ya know over the weekend how it gose

Even though I have always been completely comfortable in the water, including open water (Especially the Ocean), I do remember the first time I even attempted to snorkel I did in fact have a shock factor which made me breath somewhat deeper and quicker. This was also true for my first SCUBA session in a pool, but I quickly overcame it in about Two Minutes.

I have been underwater, between 30-40 feet deep in the Pacific for an Hour-and-a-Half before, and yeah, I completely understand the feeling which you mention. I overcame it rather rapidly however, and I had a wonderful time.

BTW, I have accidentally (and a few times purposely) swallowed more water on more occasions than I care to remember, but I have never panicked from it.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Yeah the video is a fake.

But like I said the meaning is still there.

I don't see where the problem is.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
15 seconds? I bet Sean Hannity lasts longer than that.

Really, 15 seconds. Didn't Obama Kahlid Muhamnmed Bubba Lu, or whatever his name is, last about 5 minutes before he broke down and cried like a baby?
Go Muslims! You know how to stand up under torture. Ya live it after all don't you? Okay. Joke, friends. Time to pour another shot of Jim Beam and smoke a Marlboro Red.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Lasting physical damage....

Ok how about we stretch it a little bit for the people who think that this is actually torture...

We can even add in Lasting emotional damage...

I dont think that this reporter will have lasting emotional damage in fact i bet the only time the event crosses his mind in the future is when he tries to impress someone with the "I got waterboarded once" story...

If i can scare the bejesus out of you and make you tell me something (something that i can use) then great...All you have to do is tell me everything you know BEFORE i start pouring water up your nose or throwing bugs at you or pushing you up against a special wall thats built like a wrestling ring...

Im not even trained in interrogation but lets say I sit you down and say...

Me:
"Tell me everything you know about muffins."

You:
"I wont tell you anything about muffins you infidel..."

Me:
"Well you have worked in a muffin shop for the past 5 years so I know you have some information about muffins..."

You:
"Pilsbury is great..."

Me:
"Please, this can all be over if you just tell me one ingredient in the muffin mix..."

You:
"..."

At this point I affix a cervical collar to your neck and slam you against the special wall that I built earlier.

Me:
"TELL ME WHATS IN THOSE MUFFINS...THEY'RE DELICIOUS!!!!"

You: (a little scared)
"Ok, ok we use some flour..."

Me:
"Well thats better, please have a seat and a glass of water... What else can you tell me about the muffins?"

You:
"Go to hell..."

----Ok end simulation---

So you see...if you were to tell me that you use flour, sugar and eggs in your muffin mix to start out and then I could confirm that youre telling the truth then you would be sitting pretty in your cell, well fed and not "tortured"

[edit on 3-5-2009 by BingeBob]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
The debate over the torture issue should not be framed in the way that we're talking about what is or isn't torture. This is a question of why our government not respecting one of our most basic human rights.

The rights to not incriminate yourself and be free from degrading and cruel punishment are cornerstones of the foundation of our country. This right is explicitly outlined in the US constitution, the geneva conventions, the universal declaration of human rights and countless other nations' legal framework.

These ideals distinguish the civilized people of the world from the barbaric.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
More torture by US officials...

CIA terror suspects 'kept awake for 11 days'

More than 25 of the CIA's war-on-terror prisoners were subjected to sleep deprivation for as long as 11 days at a time during the administration of former president George Bush, according to The Los Angeles Times.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Good morning USA! - Shame on you.

top topics

join