It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future of our children...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Today, I look out my window and see a world that could be tremendously beautiful. Instead I see a world that saddens me. A world where people no longer love, respect, or care about one another. Where have we gone wrong? Why do we make materialist things important beyond what truly is important?

No longer do our kids learn values and morals in school. At least my friend, the Bible taught children about love, respect, and to care for one another. Even if you do not believe in the Bible you know I am right about this. Today we are teaching our kids a different meaning to life. A meaning that has giving them depression, frustration, hate, and even temporary love. Our children have been taught that money is the answer. That all you need in life is money and you will be happy. My friends, money is just a temporary high.

As I look at our children today I have noticed many sad things. Every where I look I see spoiled kids who have no respect for their parents. Parents have been taught that punishing their kids is bad and should be replaced with sympathy. Kids today have no respect for their elders and by a very young age believe they know more than their parents. They no longer go out of the house to have fun, but rather play games about murder, drugs, sex, and corruption. No longer do our kids want to be scientist, astronomers, but rather lawyers or bankers. They believe money is all they need to be truly happy.

You might think I'm bashing our children but I'm not. The true fault lies with the parents, the schools, and the government. We must take responsibility for our children's actions and put values back in the home. If we do not, our society will be corrupt as the likes you never seen. All your proof lies with history. Look back just fifty years, then look at today, and ask yourself what you have seen. In the last fifty years crime has risen dramatically. However, crime is just a small portion of what really troubles me. Hate, disrespect, depression, suicides, ridicule, pride, selfishness, and greed are just a small part of what has leaked into our children's heart. No longer do we know what love truly is and that is very disheartening.

If we continue to let corruption enter our children's heart what will this world look like in another fifty years?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Personally, based on what I see of most parents who are judging their kids, they themselves are miserable failures and have made an abattoir of the world.

Why would any child respect any adult in this hellhole called Earth? I think they know they are being set up for failure by this generation.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Makes you feel any better

"The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for
authority, they show disrespect to their elders...."

"The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have
no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all
restraint. They talk as if they alone knew everything and what passes
for wisdom with us is foolishness with them. As for girls, they are
forward, immodest and unwomanly in speech, behaviour and dress."

Both of those I believe were said by Aristotle. Every generation that ages says the one that is coming up is going to lead the world to hell in a handbasket.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The only thing that can change the course of this worldly society is Apocalypse.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Or Communism. But given the choices, I'd take apocalypse.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I knew from a very young age that I was born into a dying world. Now I have a child on the way, and to be honest, I'm scared. Well, for one, I'm not going to let her watch all this garbage on TV and I know for a fact she's not gonna have a cell phone until she gets a job and pays for one herself. No sense in accelerating the decline and fall of the human empire.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I didn't get my first cellphone until I got a job. I spend more time online than I do watching TV, and even then, I don't watch MTV, and all that BS.
We're screwed man, until we grow up. I say we, because I'm sixteen, and ahead of my time as I may be, I'm still a member of this F'ed up generation.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
You know I do notice that the kids of the future didn't have some things that I had when I was a small kid.
Back then TV was worth watching for me:good cartoon shows,TV shows and even some memorable commercials. Now the content on TV seems too sensational in a lot of wrong ways.
This made me see something else in life:the older days seems better than the newer days. Perhaps we can go back to the old ways of thinking if we take a look at it.

Personally I would still rather watch the shows that were on TV years ago instead of the things that are on now. What's interesting is that I did learn some useful things from those old shows,even the cartoon shows.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sticky
The only thing that can change the course of this worldly society is Apocalypse.

No, we do not need the Apoca-laca-laca-lypse and we don't need to end the human race --Cheer up would'ya? I mean I can be grim but I'll never be hopeless. Rational human thinking and a freeing of the young from their mental chains, might be enough.

These kids today have been taught that their enemy is unbeatable, invisible, ungraspable, and for them to trust in priests and deacons. If they believe what they are told, they are dead meat. To the religious powers, children are just fuel, like you might throw another piece of wood on a fire. They want confession, and obedience from the little humans and their souls are claimed at a tender young age.

Now imagine at the WW1 recruit being dropped in a muddy trench and asked to gas and flame some other teenager from a different country. Children are smart enough not to buy any of the excuses for such a world. Those who died in the trenches are gone but so are the survivors. They all fought in mud and blood and now they're all gone. Yet, here we all are 100 years later, mentally and socially in mud and blood still, just waiting for the illusion of peace to be lifted so we can use trench knives against each other, "To solve the world's problems"...

We hold kids in prisons/birdcages via "family" and other control structures whose goal is to infiltrate the families. We live in a world that simultaneously devalues and craves the young. The young are told their bodies are desirable but their minds are not. They are told their bodies are the stuff the future is made of, and the young are asked to sacrifice their own flesh for family, Go and country, yet the young are never given their life, their self.

Once the millions of adults stop being such assheads, the world could change. It's the fools who have reached adulthood and who ramble about the end of the world and how it's "hopeless" that are the real threat to these children and future children. In fact, it is not "hopeless" and perhaps only a child can see through what adults perceive to be a crisis? Certainly for "A little child" to lead the people of God's favor, one would need a world where the adults are all crazy?

Anyway kiddies, read this book and know that your generation is very special.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The sad thing is that most people want an Apocalypse. They believe that a revelation or war will bring peace to the world. In fact, the 20th century witnessed two great world wars and yet we are still far from peace. Yet, the golden rule is easy to know but hard to master. That answer is loving your neighbor as yourself.

If this one rule was sowed into everyone's heart this world of ours would be tremendously beautiful. Crime, selfishness, greed, pride, suicides, depression, are just some of the things that would almost cease to exist. However, there would be some people who never accept love as the answer.

Every great teacher talks about love. Maybe, they are on to something.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It is not the children,it is the world that has become darker.Evil abounds.I have a 21yr old and a 18 yr old and when they were young I kept my eye on them all the time because it is not a safe place for children.Maybe they disrespect elders because they were not allowed to be independent.Also so many broken family's.I also do not understand why our society worships youth,They might look good but I have come to believe that most people under 30 are idiots..lol and both my son's are in college.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by debz325
I also do not understand why our society worships youth,They might look good but I have come to believe that most people under 30 are idiots..lol and both my son's are in college.

Whom shall we give "the protection of the children" to, as a duty? Parents fail, without exception. But even a parent who "fails" has surely given some moments of kindness to their child, and even a few such moments, are enough to validate the whole effort of parenting.

People are hypocrites, talking about how we need tolose 90% of the world's population yet they obsess over children and fetuses. If 90% of the people on Earth need to go (according to some internal schema which some humans hold) then how does a child have any value?

If we see a little baby as a useless eater and crapper, then we are in line with the people who run our world toward Apoca-laca-laca-lapse. They claim to love children yet they want 90% of the adults to die? How sad it must be for some humans to live their whole lives in knots.

Either every baby is a potential value for the existing humans, or it is not. Either we need to immediately abort most pregnancies, or we do not. Either that little bawling infant is a good thing, or it is not. Don't let anyone make this issue more complicated than it is.

I am on the side which says that each human is potentially good, and that this potentially far outweighs the potentiality toward badness. I am saying badness must be encouraged and couched but goodness will reveal itself without training.

It is God who makes babies, not humans. We just get to babysit them for the Creator. Even most adults are really just babies and if punched in the nose or the gut, they'll cry. If their freedom is taken away, they'll cry. In a way, children are better equipped for the trauma of the world, than their parents are.

new topics

top topics

join