It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excellent --watch this--very moving

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hey guys,

Got this in my email from my dad, this is really well put together, click the link and turn up your speakers.

Although I'm too young to know what went on 30+ yrs ago, it still it home, I don't know if i'm just overly sensitive by some of this made me teary eyed.

I don't think it's supposed to do that, but if you are sensitive I don't think you can help it... Watch it and enjoy.

I take no credit for this, but this person did a really good job. Enjoy!

www.its.caltech.edu...

I also should add it goes VERY well with alot of # thats going on these days...

"We Didn't Start the Fire" is a song about blame and about victims.

A song about problems brought on by a society's lack of concern for the rights of their fellow man.

A song about a society's cultural icons.

A song about a country, the United States, and the roles it and its people have played in world for the last 50 years.

Billy Joel wrote this song to remind his peers that yes, this country has problems, but that they weren't the cause. He wanted to tell a society's younger generation that it's okay to want to fix these problems, but no-one, especially those who did cause the problems, could expect them to fix them all in day; they weren't the ones who gathered the kindling; they weren't the ones who struck the match, they weren't the ones who started the fire...
www2.msstate.edu...

For the younger people on this board, you can read about what he's talking about at the link above. Sociological study done by a student. Very informative, very moving.

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by TrueLies]

join