It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So let me get this straight....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Photos

I think we need to see and I want to see and I want others to see too....

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by foodgoddess]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by aldsar
Colonel, you forget all of the terrorist attacks we took under the Clinton admin without retaliation.
the thing with terrorists is they are like bullies, if you just take what they give you, you are only encouraging them to attack you more.
so lets look at attacks under the clinton admin and not point fingers at bush for bills mistakes

Clinton had a PLAN OF ATTACK for the Cole bombing which he gave to this administration. What did this one do with it? NOTHING. They went on vacation in Crawford to ride horses. Start telling the truth for once!

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
wasnt it under the clinton administration that a prominent member of the 9/11 board authored a law preventing the CIA and FBI from sharing info and reduced their budgets to the point they were ineffective?
Bush hadnt had time in office to pass new laws of policy regarding these institutions so they were still operating under the diminutive budgets they inherited from clinton.
clinton also stopped being briefed by the director of the CIA daily so Bush had to reinstate this in addition to fiunding them adequately
what did clinton do about the 93 wtc bombings?

and you say i lie colonel

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

YES. He and his administration were exceedingly negligent. They were warned by the previous administration that Al Queda would be their main problem but, they focused on invading Iraq---not wanting to hear about Al-Queda. Then, they went on a month long holiday. After 9-11, they STILL wanted to go after Iraq and not nail the guys that did it. Read a book. Sheesh.

That's not what you said. Bush taking a holiday may have made it easier for AQ to attack, but it wasn't the only factor. The attack would have been planned years in advance. They didn't suddenly say "Hey, Bush is at a ranch, let's go fly a few planes into New York!"

Oh, so now its just fate and Bush is juyst a victim of it. Gimmie a break.

Will you pull your head out of your ass and stop seeing the world in black and white?

The post I was referring to (which was actually your second post, my bad, but I'll assume you inferred that from the content of my reply)

I'm sorry, KJ, but it is. It never used to be like this but, it is now. Before, everyday was happy and fun, but since 2000, it has been a dreary existence of mass murder, lies, deceit, death, unemployment skyrocketing, massive layoffs, a rise in drug use, cameras everywhere---the NEW BIg Brother, and more hate in the world. I'm sorry but its true. Its the new compassionate conservatism.

Here, you make the claims that the world was all hunky-dory before Bush was elected, and then magically everything went to #. Now, if that's what you actually think, it's your fault for having hidden yourself behind a security blanket of lies for so long. People died and lied before 9/11, and they will as far into the future as I can see.

You are nothing but a whiny little kid who suddenly realized that the world wasn't what you thought it was. Now that your eyes are opened, you lash out at the msot obvious target, focusing all of your anger and rage at one group of individuals. Logic and reason don't enter into the equation. All of your sadness and anger are being channeled into one point, because that's much easier than actually seeing the world as being much more complicated as it is.

Before 9/11, you probably saw America as the center of the world, and all the news of bad stuff was jsut extraneous and unimportant. Nothings changed. Now, you just see America as the center of the world, but in a bad way. You see conservative America as the only group in the world that could cause bad things to happen. You haven't started thinking differently, you've just changed your target.

You'd make a wonderful president.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

wasnt it under the clinton administration that a prominent member of the 9/11 board authored a law preventing the CIA and FBI from sharing info and reduced their budgets to the point they were ineffective?
Bush hadnt had time in office to pass new laws of policy regarding these institutions so they were still operating under the diminutive budgets they inherited from clinton.
clinton also stopped being briefed by the director of the CIA daily so Bush had to reinstate this in addition to fiunding them adequately
what did clinton do about the 93 wtc bombings?

and you say i lie colonel

Dude, you're doing the repugnant tactic of debate #243. You're ducking. Could you please explain why this administration didn't go in with a plan of attack given to them by Clinton (or make up a new one) for the Cole bombing?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
the cole bombing was not an isolated attack so the Bush, or any administration for that matter should not have been using an isolated policy.
you have to look at the world as a whole colonel, not just individual occurrences here and there.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
That's not what you said. Bush taking a holiday may have made it easier for AQ to attack, but it wasn't the only factor.

But, it was a contributing factor as well as the fact that this administration was ONLY concerned with Iraq as opposed Al-Queda when they were duly warned by the previous adminstration.

You are nothing but a whiny little kid who suddenly realized that the world wasn't what you thought it was. Now that your eyes are opened, you lash out at the msot obvious target, focusing all of your anger and rage at one group of individuals. Logic and reason don't enter into the equation. All of your sadness and anger are being channeled into one point, because that's much easier than actually seeing the world as being much more complicated as it is.

Before 9/11, you probably saw America as the center of the world, and all the news of bad stuff was jsut extraneous and unimportant. Nothings changed. Now, you just see America as the center of the world, but in a bad way. You see conservative America as the only group in the world that could cause bad things to happen. You haven't started thinking differently, you've just changed your target.

You'd make a wonderful president.

Now, see, here is where the repugnant attacks the person b/c he has nothing else to rely on...like a bitch outta pocket with her pimp. I have travelled the world, bitch, met my wife when I was overseas, bitch, so don't presume to tell me that I thought America was the center of the universe.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   

the cole bombing was not an isolated attack so the Bush, or any administration for that matter should not have been using an isolated policy.
you have to look at the world as a whole colonel, not just individual occurrences here and there.

So, a major terrorist attack on a military vessel doesn't warrant a response? And people wonder why 9-11 happened.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
what about a major bombing on a building in the heart of america?
clinton didnt seem to respond in the next 7 years of his admin.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

what about a major bombing on a building in the heart of america?
clinton didnt seem to respond in the next 7 years of his admin.

The perpetrators of that crime are currently residing in prison. Next?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
ok so guys that bomb the wtc are put in jail because they a foreign citizens.
so then a US citizen goes and blows up a building in oklahoma and is put to death...
does this seem consistent to you colonel?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

ok so guys that bomb the wtc are put in jail because they a foreign citizens.
so then a US citizen goes and blows up a building in oklahoma and is put to death...
does this seem consistent to you colonel?

Yes. One committed treason---the American. The other was a criminal. In any event, both got justice.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
seems very unequal justice to me.
there was essentially no difference in their crimes.
so shouldnt there be no difference in their punishment?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
But, it was a contributing factor as well as the fact that this administration was ONLY concerned with Iraq as opposed Al-Queda when they were duly warned by the previous adminstration.

So we're in agreement, you just feel the need to argue. Fine with me.

Now, see, here is where the repugnant attacks the person b/c he has nothing else to rely on...

Yep, I'm a conservative because I don't suck your cock on the forum. Shows a real open-mindedness on your part.

like a bitch outta pocket with her pimp.

If this is the 'writing skill' you referred to in your screenplay thread, I'll be looking for your latest release in the bargain bin at Blockbuster.

I have travelled the world, bitch, met my wife when I was overseas, bitch, so don't presume to tell me that I thought America was the center of the universe.

Well, 'bitch', you coulda #in' fooled me. You say in no uncertain terms that the world was a happy place before 9/11. Well, that is just plain wrong. Your actions on the forum speak louder than what you claim your worldview was/is.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

Now, see, here is where the repugnant attacks the person b/c he has nothing else to rely on...

Yep, I'm a conservative because I don't suck your cock on the forum. Shows a real open-mindedness on your part.

Please keep your personal life out of the mudpit.

Well, 'bitch', you coulda #in' fooled me. You say in no uncertain terms that the world was a happy place before 9/11. Well, that is just plain wrong. Your actions on the forum speak louder than what you claim your worldview was/is.

Let's see. Was the world a safer place in the 90's than now. Emphatically, YES. For you to say different is for you to admit you're a liar.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
wait so it was safer to let terrorists have their own free reign than to confron them and fight back colonel?
some smart guy you are

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

wait so it was safer to let terrorists have their own free reign than to confron them and fight back colonel?
some smart guy you are

Then, can someone please tell me why we didn't retaliate against the Cole bombing like Clinton gave this adminstration plans for?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

No one answered the argument that debunks the whole thing, wasn't the policy from the Clinton years?

The not showing coffins policy was started by Bush Sr. when CNN showed him giving a speech on half the screen, and coffins coming off an airpplane on the other.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
because 9/11 happened before we could colonel

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

because 9/11 happened before we could colonel

This is a LIE. The reason is was that THIS ADMINISTRATION DIDN'T WANT TO based upon the Condi Rice Hearings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join