It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Wears $540 Designer Sneakers to Feed the Poor

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

She deserved to get snarked at for accepting the RNC's money for clothing. It was but one of many bad judgements that she has made and continues to make.

Why?

She didn't keep the clothing and the clothes were used for the purposes of the campaign.

Palin has been unfairly savaged in the media and whatever poor judgement she might be guilty of will never have the far reaching repercussions that the myriad cases of poor judgement by Barack Obama and administration will have in the decades to come.

The left fears Palin because she is a real woman who's succeeded without latching on their morally bankrupt ideology of class warfare.

Sarah Palin deserves the treatment she's getting only because she's a conservative who chose politics as a career.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by schrodingers dog

If it had been Laura Bush showing up for a contrived photo-op to pretend to feed the poor, in very ugly french sneakers that cost $540, would you be so quick to want to blast the thread?

I am equally indifferent to what shoes any politician and their wife or husband wears.

I don't even care what kind of shoes are thrown a them.

We really should get a TMZ forum for this kind of poopery.

You heard me!

[edit on 2 May 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
sweet, i am LOVING the right-wing's spiral into irrelevance!

how incredibly comical.

with EVERYTHING going on in the world today FAUX NEWS has you all up in arms over a $500 air of shoes !?!?

because she showed up to feed the homeless in them? seriously?

i am a grad student, DIRT POOR and my favorite shoes cost me $275. I LOVE 'em and wear them ever where.

i would even shamelessly wear them to feed the homeless.

keep on crying kids, your going to have a lot more to cry about as your irrelevance and disconnection with reality grows.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
keep on crying kids, your going to have a lot more to cry about as your irrelevance and disconnection with reality grows.

Yeah, you're right.

I think the US will have a lot more to cry about as long as Obama is President.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Oh come on now.

Michelle Obama is the first lady and everybody knows she's the first lady.

Do you imagine that if she wore an old raggedy pair of sneakers people would be fooled into believing that she's a poor person like they are? Wouldn't that be condescending? Poor people also wear nice shoes if they can.

BTW Sarah Palin's clothes didn't bother me either. She was in the public spotlight. Image matters in politics and in show business as in life.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by suicydking
You folks all wrote these replies while standing behind a counter at a food bank, right?

What kind of shoes do you all wear while doing your volunteer work?

I would go do it too if I had a camera following me so everyone can see my good deeds.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm amazed at how many people here aren't outraged by the hypocrisy of someone calling upon the people to volunteer for the poor, while radiating elitist rich snobbiness.
Yes, it is absolutely inappropriate to wear such expensive crap to a food bank, much like bringing a 5-star sirloin steak meal while the rest is getting soup and bread.

I seem to recall Mother Theresa walked on sandals, now how is Michelle Obama even close to that? This ain't no change, she needs to set an example, and this isn't it.

Shame on Michelle and all members who eagerly shrug this off as insignificant.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Psynarchist]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
All that money and she didn't even buy American. WTF? No wonder our economy is in the dumps...Would this $540 sin be more acceptable if the shoes were american made?

Just my 2-cents

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus

What is this lady thinking, do you know what Vomit can do to those kind of shoes?

From the pics I've seen of them... vomit would probably make them look better

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well all children are poor.
Stick with Jesus and not be a Judas.
Charity tax breaks are an Illuminati lively hood and cheat the taxpayers.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join