It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Wears $540 Designer Sneakers to Feed the Poor

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Michelle Obama Wears $540 Designer Sneakers to Feed the Poor

www.foxnews.com

It's a first lady faux pas -- wearing expensive, high-fashion French designer sneakers to a food bank.

Michelle Obama wore the sneakers, made by Lanvin, while helping feed the poor at a Washington food bank on Wednesday. The pricetag on the footwear? A cool $540.

The White House did not return a message seeking comment.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
lol Remember when we condemned sarah palin for cloth's?

Still this is like showing up to support alcoholic's.. with a keg.

show's she care's more for what she look's like.

than about helping anyone lol

if i owned 540 dollar pair of shoe's and was going to feed the poor I would sell em give the money to some random guy lol

shame on you lady.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Not only $540 but they look cheap and tacky..with the little shiny bit on the toes etc I'd be embarrassed to kick Hitler with those things.Anyway,it could have simply been a mistake.Now that she is uber rich and all she is probably used to wearing such expensive things and simply didn't think twice about it.Which may say alot about her character,or it was a simple brain fart that we all get.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I wouldn't assign too much importance to what kind of consumers rich people are. Let them wear what they want. The notion of it being somehow 'wrong' to spend that kind of money on shoes is silly.

And the point of the Hollywood/Madison Avenue reality-TV show they sold us as the 'campaign' for the presidency is lamer still. You might as well hate one pro-wrestler over another because of the color rag he or she wraps around their head.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
What really blows me away is that $540 sneakers even exist!

What company makes $540 sneakers, do they do the walking for you?

My $30 sneakers last about 1.5 years do these things last decades?

Vas

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Should I believe my eyes ?????

Using Fox as a source ?????

! ! ONE thing I learned in ATS is NOT to care about Fox ! !
Right ?

Should "they" not care about her good behaviour, instead
of the superficiality/mondain they focussed on ?????

I can't believe the useless negativity we see here !

Blue skies.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasilis Azoth
I bet you haven't seen those shoes before

Check out this link

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
If she bought it with her own money, and not tax payer money then I don't remotely care. I will watch as the media slams her like the slammed Sarah Palin and her expensive wardrobe, though, muaha....aha...ha........ok, screw that I think I'd have a better shot at a phone call from Obama himself

[edit on 1-5-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
So, should she have gone out and bought a pair of $50 sneakers to wear to feed the poor, or would you rather have her give the $50 to the poor? I mean, what is she supposed to do? I'm guessing she owns a lot of nice, expensive clothing. Man, why do people care?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

So you saw this tidbit in the news and said to yourself: "This is worthy of Breaking Alternative News" on ATS.

Embarrassing for ALL of us.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I don't care how much they cost. I don't think they are attractive at all. I certainly wouldn't have worn my more expensive shoes to do actual work. Did she do actual work?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Frankly, who gives a flying whatsit about Michelle's shoes? This is a standard photo-op for the first lady. Last time I dropped off some old stuff at the local charity shop, I didn't deliberately wear my oldest/cheapest shoes, in case it would offend any poor people.

This is just tabloid trash to sell newspapers and sell advertising - a media trick.

I would expect the first lady to dress well - after all, she is married to the most paowerful man on the planet (debate that how you wish!).

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I don't really care, but I have to agree, democrats ripped Palin apart for spending money on clothes. I am so sick of the double standard stuff. Eveything is so petty, damn it!! I just wish the country would come together during these scarey times and quit taking pot shots at each other.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'll bet that most who say they don't care, are those who pitched a fit everytime Palin wore expensive things lol.

She should know better than that, I'll bet those are the only pair of sneakers she has.

She sure doesn't have a lawn mowing pair!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I think that it's good news!
Now we really know how much class she has.
THOSE ARE SOME UGLY ASS SHOES!

How dare she be compared to Jacki Kennedy.

There is no comparison!

Jacki Kennedy knew how to dress, she knew proper ediquet.

Her so called "designers" are copying Jackie Kennedys dresses and even Jackie's hairstyle so "Mighty Michelle" can "look" like Jacki.

Jackie Kennedy had more class in her little fingernail than this women has in her entire giant body.

What a disgrace to my country!

For the first time in my adult life I'm not proud of my country!

[edit on 1-5-2009 by MagicaRose]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

You really don't want the first mama to walk around barefooted, do you? Michelle Obama doesn't have any shoes priced bellow $500.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
You folks all wrote these replies while standing behind a counter at a food bank, right?

What kind of shoes do you all wear while doing your volunteer work?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Why can't someone who has the money to spend dress how they wish while still helping the less fortunate?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Why is she feeding the POOR!

Didn't anyone tell her the Poor all have Swine Flu!!!!!!!

What is this lady thinking, do you know what Vomit can do to those kind of shoes?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Because she used campaign money instead of her own money. That is the difference. I woudln't expect my campaign contribution to go to a jacket set for a vp candidate, or the candidate.

And whose to say Michelle's shoes were not a gift?

If she didn't dress well, you folks would be all over her for not having any class.

Find something worthy to complain about. This is really starting to nitpick.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join