It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the oversight on this website?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Today, 05-01-09, I was spring cleaning one of my computers. In one of the email files titled "pending" for the fact that I'd be reading it at some later point, there was my account password from ABOVETOPSECRET.COM; it is 2KB, and is dated October 11, 2008. Probably within about a week or so before that I'd requested it anew because I wanted to log on but had forgotten it. Today I logged in and sure enough there were a number of administratively generated u2u's. Ive deleted them all, but not before reading and noticing DATES, reapeat, DATES!!! One of the memos was something about some change or another and was dated March 08, 2009...at the bottom of said memo the admonishment is made not to respond because the memo has been sent to all 10,000 some odd members who've (I think it said visited, which implies entering). Is this an error, because I never logged on from October 2008 til just now, or is this an attempt to misrepresent the true volume (higher or lower) of active participants of the ats site? IMHO, neither of these are acceptable from a site like this, so are there other possible explanations that I personally come up with. P.S. I've missed you guys!

[edit on 1-5-2009 by plainmike]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I think they just mass u2u to everyone who is a user who isnt banned. Just so next time you log on you dont miss the new rule or info they are passing on. Just delete them that is what I do.

join