It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable Vid of 50 Peaceful Demonstrators Against Torture Arrested - at White House

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Yep, all governments seem to be the same. Or at least they are owned by the same people. And the media is owned too. That's I only heard about this on here.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by janon

They weren't stopped from their right to peacefully assemble and they weren't stopped from having freedom of speech.

Due to obvious common sense security concerns they had to follow certain rules while protesting in the place they picked to protest.

They didn't follow the rules.
They got arrested. (which was probably what the protesters wanted)

It's really rather simple and straight forward.

I had to quote this because the shear hypocrisy of it. I actually laughed out loud when I read this. But hey if you want to stick up for TPTB and give up more liberties I guess you are entitled to it. Can't stand on the sidewalk and protest because it is a "security concern" and they should have kept moving. LOL.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Check this out Questioningall, "The Untouchables" - Peace is a crime and torture is legal(the torturers seem to really like their jobs)

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by janon

Other people also have a right to go about their day uninhibited, and without fear of danger.

People who say these sort of things have never been to DC, and have no idea how the city works, how crowded and busy it gets, and that a even a small gathering can make a bad day for a lot of people and disrupts business.

And it is costing you money when federal employees can't get into work.

And they also need to know about large gatherings since most people rely on the public transit, and they need to make sure they have enough trains running.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I could not help it - here is another video the American "law" has lost all credibility to me, and the rest of World it seems(swine flue distraction from the most important issue at hand the power of the psychopath and the law protecting the psychopath)

[edit on 2-5-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I haven't seen any evidence that anyone was being inhibited. In the videos I have seen, people are still able to walk passed without being disrupted at all. The protesters were on public property exercising their right and the police infringed them.

Is DC not part of the USA anymore? Does the Constitution not apply in front of the White House?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by janon

I haven't seen any evidence that anyone was being inhibited. In the videos I have seen, people are still able to walk passed without being disrupted at all. The protesters were on public property exercising their right and the police infringed them.

Is DC not part of the USA anymore? Does the Constitution not apply in front of the White House?

Nobody was prevented passage.

I don't for a minute believe that requiring protesters to keep moving is legal regardless of what the government's puppet judges decide. I also believe we would be in a much better place if Americans flooded Washington en mass, like the Vietnam protests, even to the extent of shutting this city down.

We have to get this government under control or we have to abolish it. I don't think there are any other viable alternatives.

Since this protest was about waterboarding, here's some background on waterboarding which was a tiny part of the torture being performed:

www.vqronline.org...

[edit on 2-5-2009 by marktwain]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by janon

It sure was. That road they are standing on is the road employees use to get in and out of the white house. There is a security gate to the right where they check in and they use that road to drive around in the employee entrence to the left of the building. They were indeed blocking people.

Not to mention, they have the front and only view of the white house blocked. So if anyone wanted to look or take pictures of it, they wouldn't of been able to.

If I flew halfway around the world to sight see and wanted to get a picture of my family in front of the white house, I would be pretty perturbed.

There are acres and acres of open space between that road and the monument and then to the capital. It They could of easily made their stance there, not right up against the gate.

Again. they were actually getting in the way of a lot of people, including employees and security.

You can't have a large mob of people, In black masks so nobody can tell who they are, congregating against the white house fence.

Puh leeze, these folks were really out of line.

Nobody is condemning their message. But sorry, you have a bunch of people wearing black hoods hanging out against the fence, you are really asking for trouble.

The police were in the right.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
And it is costing you money when federal employees can't get into work.

That's right - those bankers don't bail out themselves.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by HulaAnglers

Hapless folks? And what are you doing to remind the government of basic human rights?

A visit to my profile should sufficiently answer your questions about my efforts in the cause of freedom.

Thank you.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

We have the RIGHT to peaceably assemble. No permit required. What a bunch of junk. I would file a lawsuit immediately. Rights require no permit. Period.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by marktwain
We have to get this government under control or we have to abolish it. I don't think there are any other viable alternatives.

Time is running out - the mainstream media should be hacked at the least - how do we unite for a common purpose?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The only reason the US gestapo was able to arrest them was because it was only fifty of them, now you see 200 thousand heading down the roads to the white House and I imagine that the nation will go into a state of emergency because is not way that police can restrain that amount of people without some human lost.

Still America is a sad example of what this nation was build upon and those that are too blind to see it and understand it, has lost the only piece of what America truly was mean to be, our forefathers didn't put laws to restrain any Americans rights to show disappointment against the government, the fat rats of modern times did that because they are only after their own agendas and they are not in favor of the people or by the people.

Sad when our nation no longer is for the people and by the people, but has been bought and sold with all of us approval for trusting nothing but what our nations government has become, a nest full of corrupted dirty rats that believe it or not the are recycle every 4 years while holding on to power like dictators do.

Wake up people because right now our nation is nothing but a shadow and those fat rats in Washington are getting away with it.

And anybody that agrees with what our nation has become and our government has become are nothing short of traitors to what this nations was suppoused to mean to the American people, remembe this nations was build by us not by a group of corrupted power hungry rats.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by marg6043]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The problem is quite obvious. Not enough people give a damn. They have their own problems, jobs and reality tv-shows to keep them busy. Only way a real change can happen is if you have a charismatic leader to rally the people. Not the kind you have now who is just another puppet on the string.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Yes you are very much right, even my husband job and career means more than what the nation has become as long as he still get a pay check.

And then him been at the mercy of the government due to his military retirement has a lot to say also.

But what people doesn't understand is that without the will of the people the fat rats in Washington will keep doing what they are good at right now.

Raping and gouging the tax payer in this nation for the sole purpose of supporting their own personal agendas and those that they cater to while taking interest groups money.

Right now is not a single politician in Washington that is has not been bought or sold to big interest, and trust me they big interest are the ones running the nation.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by marg6043]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Peacefull protest dont work, the law enforcement has more than plenty of laws they can pervert to stop them.

I concur.

On top of all the freedom suppression laws, America now has designated "Constitution-free Zones" - Here is a map:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a1f4dfc3c4a3.png[/atsimg]

*Liberty is getting more popular, things will change.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Disgusting.

But not new.

You all agreed to this when you refused to argue against Bush.
You all let this happen when you ignored what Bush was doing, you watched him tear up your rights and freedoms and did nothing intelligent to combat it.

The rest of the world stood back and watched while America became a police state, and the American people swallowed all the BS Bush could hand out without an utterance of indignation.

This happens at almost every protest in any American City. They'll find a way to arrest you, and if they don't they'll still take your details, add you to a database for future reference and restrict your freedoms further. No longer is reason against government injustice a noble ideal, it's a criminal offense to question your government.

We all saw this happen, and we are seeing it in the UK too. Fortunately, we have more balls it seems, and we will stand up and refuse their attempts to control the innocent free-thinking people of our country. We in the UK ARE fighting back against freedom-abolishing legislation, and we are winning.

What will happen in America? You'll carry on as you have for the last eight years, blind, deaf and dumbed by media and the "ever present threat to the nation". You'll repeatedly fail to organize any concerted effort to change the way your lives are controlled. Your government will continue to limit any dissenting voices through force.
You'll be increasingly branded an "enemy" if you dare to question the leadership. And if the fear of that alone doesn't stop you from daring to question them, they'll charge you, take your details and add you to a database, just to make sure you're being watched and don't dare ask any questions ever again.

Americans (on the whole, not individually) are too lazy, or too complacent to actually DO anything other than bitch and whine. There have been plenty of opportunities over the last eight years for you all to go out and march, protest, make your voices heard. But the majority expect others to do it for them, and so you end up with a small, easily quashed and controlled group desperately trying to do the job you should ALL be doing.

Instead of forcing change through protest and reason, change will only come to America with the fall of the current government. And I truly believe that it will happen with the collapse of the $.
Only when millions are not able to buy the latest iPod or pay for cable TV will the people revolt.

I too had hope that when Obama arrived things would actually change. But alas, I was proven wrong. He has no intention of restoring America to what it was before Bush. He'll use and abuse every power given to him by that cretin to his best advantage, and that means using it to limit your freedom of opinion against government injustice.
Instead of change, you have an administration sticking by all the old rules of destroying civil liberties. And to top it all off, you have instances where the new administration does insane things like fly a jet low over NYC!

To me, that's an indication of a government not in control of the things that matter, but in control of the people, to do as they wish, without consequence and without restraint or reason.

What needs to change?
Don't wait until you can't afford your internet connection before you get angry at your government restricting your rights to assemble. The cost of cable TV doesn't matter, the rights you have to hold an opposing view to that of your government are more important, and that's what you should be angry about!
Join a protest, march, shout, give your opinion in a group, don't expect others to do it for you and then complain when nothing changes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join