It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Boggling Stupidity, you Will Not Believe This

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
As shown in this vid, the Town of Victorville Ca. would rather see these Brand

New homes destroyed, then find a way to either forgo penalities or finish

them and sell them. Sixteen Brand New homes here , and another 20 in

another town will be demolished. Isn't there a Homeless problem in Ca. , I

mean there has to be a better answer. These look like they could have been

beautiful HOMES.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I dont think it is stupidity. It is a type of protest. I'm not sure that it serves what they were trying to, but it is a protest.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
I dont think it is stupidity. It is a type of protest. I'm not sure that it serves what they were trying to, but it is a protest.

Wow

I'm all for a little sign wielding , shaking my fist.

But 36 new homes ? I think I would find a different way

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic

Wow

I'm all for a little sign wielding , shaking my fist.

But 36 new homes ? I think I would find a different way

I agree. On the other hand, though, to me the bigger sign of stupidity is that all these Mcmansions were being built in the first place.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It's cool, we have TENTS to live in, people don't need homes psshha.

I can't believe it, though wow, just stunning watching them destroy something that was never used, and people worked hard to build just destroyed. But business is business, something we all have to deal with.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I can totally believe this. The city was actually fining the banks every day over these homes. I would have leveled them too.

The builders do not build homes for people to have shelter, the build homes to make money. Every day those houses stand, they lose more money.

California is so stupid in most parts. They have no idea that their tax rates, fines, and red tape is KILLING business here.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSecretSquirrel

California is so stupid in most parts. They have no idea that their tax rates, fines, and red tape is KILLING business here.

I hear you , its just , well, I could have used 1 of those homes, lol

I'm sure most of us could

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
If only these flu masks could protect us from rampant stupidity. Demolishing these homes makes about as much sense as Egypt
killing all it's pigs.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I totally agree with the builder and the bank in this case. Cities and State governments have gotten so greedy and meddlesome that it's almost impossible to do business anymore. If California wants to punish a bank for daring to undertake this project or tax their business venture into the ground, then I applaud them for giving the city exactly what it deserves - an un-taxable hole in the ground!

This is what happens when government taxation gets so damn greedy - you end up with tracts of abandoned property because no one can afford to do business there!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

They should have called me. I would have personally removed each baoard one by one and hauled them home. Not much salvage when they use a backhoe.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

you and I both

I could have taken it down for them

just for the materials

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by Seany

They should have called me. I would have personally removed each baoard one by one and hauled them home. Not much salvage when they use a backhoe.

sorry

repost

new topics

top topics

join