It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If it all fell apart tomorrow... ARE YOU READY?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I realize this might go better in "Survival Techniques" but I figured most people there are some what ready, so I'm placing it here for more exposure. Kindly forgive me if this is a mistake =)

So..... you wake up, the country is in Some State of Emergency, the net is down, the radios/tv are under state control. Cell phones are down due to the "emergency" or whatever excuse is given.

Are you truly ready for this?

Do you :

- have a plan to get fresh water
- have a plan to get food or have a stockpile of food
- have a way to defend yourself
- have a way to commnucate with others (remember, no net, no cell phones, perhaps even no land lines)
- have a GOOD (read: US Army) survival manual
- have first aid goods

and so on...

Furthermore... do you have enough resources (or the ability to get them) for the ones you love, your neighbors, and so on?

Even if you have enough resources for a week do you have enough (or a plan to get enough) for a month, or two, or four?

I have the sinking feeling that 99% of us are woefully unprepaired.

ps. You cant eat OR drink bullets. just a fyi.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
At this juncture,I don't believe people should tell how prepared/or not they are.It could potentially make targets of those that are truly prepared.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
IMO nobody is truly prepared for these type of events. Am I prepared as far as food, first aid, ect.. Yes. Am I prepared for what its going to be like (whatever it might be), no.. If SitX does go down, its going to be quite the adjustment for everyone..

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Seriously, I'd probably be one of those looters, not stealing tv's but food.

You guys are urging kits for preparedness in wake of a catastrophe. I probably should start. *Goes to ATS search box to look at what I need*

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Nobody, and I mean nobody is gonna be mentally prepared when all hell breaks loose! Yes, there are many who will have food to sustain themselves and probably some of their family, but the truly ready ones keep it to themsleves as to not draw attention. I get laughes at all the time by some of my family, but they won't be laughing when the dooky hits the fan, for it will be too late then. The only ones I really worry about are my mother, daughters, and inlaws. They are good people who know what's happening, and a couple of them I have woken up in the last few years. My heart does go out to the unprepared ones, but we must remember, at one time or another, they were warned!

top topics

join