posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:09 PM
I realize this might go better in "Survival Techniques" but I figured most people there are some what ready, so I'm placing it here for more
exposure. Kindly forgive me if this is a mistake =)
So..... you wake up, the country is in Some State of Emergency, the net is down, the radios/tv are under state control. Cell phones are down due to
the "emergency" or whatever excuse is given.
Are you truly ready for this?
Do you :
- have a plan to get fresh water
- have a plan to get food or have a stockpile of food
- have a way to defend yourself
- have a way to commnucate with others (remember, no net, no cell phones, perhaps even no land lines)
- have a GOOD (read: US Army) survival manual
- have first aid goods
and so on...
Furthermore... do you have enough resources (or the ability to get them) for the ones you love, your neighbors, and so on?
Even if you have enough resources for a week do you have enough (or a plan to get enough) for a month, or two, or four?
I have the sinking feeling that 99% of us are woefully unprepaired.
ps. You cant eat OR drink bullets. just a fyi.