It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AboveTopSecret.com Traffic From April, 2007 to April, 2009

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I have to be honest that you guys have inevitably been added to my list of suspicious corporations with growing power...Those charts are TO good!!!

Just kiddin' congrats and good luck with keeping a whole new batch of members complying with the T&C...

(should have added a link to the T&C part but i once again couldn't find them
)

Peace

Edit : smilley was wrong...

[edit on 1/5/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Good, solid growth.
Congratulations now and best wishes for a continuing bright future.

When are you gonna let us start buying stock in ATS?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

There is so much uncertainty in the world today people type the words "The Truth About" and it usually pops up an ATS thread.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'd imagine a factor in those graphs is the fact that ATS serves as a cross check on MSM, and brings a lot of that info to a centralized location, thanks to ATS ferrets that find the info and carry it back home. Conversely, MSM often serves as a cross check on ATS stories. This is as it should be. Wouldn't a one dimensional world be awfully boring?

On top of that, ATS members in general have some VERY finely tuned BS meters. If it smells like BS, they'll find it and tell ya why. Keeps 'em honest. That , also, is as it should be, and folks appreciate that.

On a final note:

Originally posted by questioningall

OH one other thing... Please don't ever sell to some organization or company - it would probably be some govt. entity behind it, and they would find out who all of us are.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by questioningall]

THEY already know who I am. I could probably wallpaper my house with the lists and files. And THEY always check their closets and under their beds for me before THEY go to sleep at night!

nenothtu out

[edit on 2009/5/1 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Sometimes those of us who have been here for the long haul like to complain about changes made or posting trends, but in all honesty, not much has changed in the last few years.

It is still the ATS we know and love.

Proud to be a member for so long, and hopeful to be a member for another 3 years yet
At least until we all blow up in 2012

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterWeb
Who were the mainstream news sites that directly linked to ATS?

Several dozen... with a huge number form the NY Times, LA Times, and Wired when they sourced us for articles.

And how much money have you made from 2007?

Given our LLC structure, that's privileged information available only to members of the company. However, we can indicate we're slightly better than break-even.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
I have a question, any ideas why it temporarily dropped right after the election?

Thanksgiving (US) --> Christmas is always slow for us.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Given our LLC structure, that's privileged information available only to members of the company. However, we can indicate we're slightly better than break-even.

LLC Structure huh?

Pssst just make my check out to SLAYER69s Bahama Vacation fund or just wire transfer the usual way to my off shore account.

Congrats!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Let's keep it rolling ATS!!! (and yes, I'm still alive...)

This place has been getting bigger and bigger.. and I love the new Video & Media section.

Here's to keeping it going through the next few years!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I am sure that it is no coincidence that the real growth happened right around the time that I joined......

lol .. I was goiung to say the same thing.

Well done Mark & Bill

Who's Simon?
(kidding) If you are reading this Simon...don't be such a stranger round here eh. Or are you still in the boot of Bill's car?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I have to say that it's no big surprise to me that ATS is doing so well. The selfless commitment of the moderators to maintaining a fair and civilized environment for discussion has made ATS furtile ground for idea sharing. After all, there is nothing unique, or desirable, about a 'conversation' that is allowed to devolve into name calling and chaos.

I personally have received back as much or more from ATS as any contributions I've made. Any time I want to hear the other side of any argument I come to ATS to listen and participate in civilized discourse. I have no doubt that this Forum will continue to grow and prosper!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I smell a rat.
You are choosing to tell us this why?
We don't know your quartarlies, nor are we priveliged to the P&Ls.
We are the engine that makes the truck move, what is picked up is up to the Amigos.
I guess I'm just dense.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Great work peoples! No doubt this is still just the beginning! .. Some day I have no doubts we will all be writing on a conspiracy board quite like this one telling everyone that the Above News Network TV station is just another pawn owned by Rupert Murdoch to spread disinfo, and that the anchors are actually reptilians!

Seriously, if it where not for the exceptional writers this site would be void of anything worth visiting for, so good job to the posters! (and I s'pose SO and the Amigo's, and their minions the Moderators...)

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Well.... since I'm basically a "Media Mod" and not on the front lines like my brother and sister Mod Squadders..... I will jump in, excluding myself totally, and say that the ATS Mod Squad should be given a tremendous Standing-O
for keeping things civil during that period of time and allowing all of those Unique Visitors a chance to experience the site that we all know and love. For without Them, the numbers would mean nothing and be worthless.

(standing and applauding) Congratulations ATS, but more importantly, congratulations to all of the Mod Squad for the hundreds of hours given freely on a day to day basis and for being the backbone of the ATS Success Story.

IMEO, of course.

Dave

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Well done Guys/Gals!
Thankyou for sharing this and for the way it has been presented. Normally i would be quite lost trying to descipher stats, but this has been explained and laid out in a clear and easy to understand manner.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Group hug]]]]]

we are the bomb (as in the best just in case the feds read some other meaning into this one.

CONGRATULAIONS, ATS!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Great work guys. You are the classiest alternative news discussion forum on the web.

I still think one thing is lacking though. Why do people post threads? Because they want to be noticed, and get some feedback on what they think. People respond to also post their own thoughts on what the original thread was about, or offer something new, again to be noticed.,to make a difference.

People want to feel like their posts and opinions are making a difference in this world.

After all, who doesn't want to be acknowledged as a part of a bigger whole.

I want to tell people, "Hey, this is what I found, or, this is what I believe, and if you agree, tell me so" And if you don't agree, that's ok...we all can't have the same beliefs and opinions on everything.

But when I see my posts and no acknowledgment of how I did, or what others think about it, I lose much of my drive to post.

So, how do you propose to let all the posters know that they are making a difference on ATS?

Why not allow all the members a certain amount of votes per thread to vote posts up or down. That is making a difference to me.

If I see something some member spent hours on, and I like it, I would like to vote that thread up.

Likewise, if I see some crazy crap that I totally disagree with, I would like to be able to vote that thread down.

Then, when I log on to ATS, I would always start with the most popular threads voted on for that day.

I know this gets old, but damn it...I just want to make a difference, even if it's just that one little thing I can do...cast my vote.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
It's easy for members to see why you are so successful. But what happens when we all wake up some day soon and realize we ARE the dreaded Mainstream Media? That would be paradoxically the best and worst thing that could happen to this site. Don't lose your paranoid edge and outsider status.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Congratulations guys, that's great stuff

I know that I'm not the only one when I say how much I appreciate this site. I'm not the most active participant, but you have done more to awaken and prepare me than any other source of information out there.

You tell me what I need to know, where to learn about it, and what I should take with the ever-proverbial grain of salt.

Because of ATS I have learned how to take care of my family and keep them safe. Because of BTS I survived several holidays without my beloved family.

I could go on, but then it would get really awkward! Thanks for being there. Thanks goodness for the continued traffic. I even say thank goodness for pop up ads (sometimes the only way I can check in!) if they provide necessary revenue to stay open.

Keep up the good work! Peace, and continued good luck in the future

[edit on 5/1/2009 by CeltAngel]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well, atleast nobody can say we are tinfoilhatters nor being insane.
I've mentioned to a few of my core clique regarding the Baxter scandal and I was never to be so surprised how I am today.

I probably gained 3 new voices to be interested in what I had to speak about, I never took a conspiracy stand on this but a more deadly point of view.

We must have been winning som type of attention.

More power to us

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join