It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving ATS Trolls and ATS Hijackers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
How many of you get tired of some ATS Troll coming along and deliberately try to run down someones thread or post without contributing anything at all to the thread or post? These people are annoying to say the least.

Then, there are the Hijackers that come along and purposefully try to send people to their threads that may have touched a little bit on your thread, but it is still your thread that they are purposefully hijacking so that they can go out and get a few more points. These people are out there, and they have threads everywhere, and they have well over a hundred thousand points in their first year, these people are never wrong in their own minds and live on the internet trying to run everyone to their threads, and basically I find them annoying.

ATS needs to have a button or something that can block these creatons from ever seeing your threads or posts. ATS needs to have it set up so that the initial author of a thread can block peoples posts all on their own, or at the very least go in and delete crap on someone elses post on their thread that is not what they consider productive to their thread. I see lots of good threads destoyed by others. These threads start off good, and one or two posts later the trolls and hijackers are there destroying a perfectly good thread.

How many of you think in a similar manner? Am I wrong in my thinking?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
One problem that I can see with your idea is that people would be deleting posts in their thread merely because they don't agree with what's being said. For example say Poster A starts a thread dealing with Subject Y. Along comes Poster B who feel differently about the topic. Poster B posts his/her viewpoint. Under your idea Poster A could delete Poster B's posts simply because he didn't agree with it.

For example the Aliens and Ufos forum would develop into a major mess. Believers would be deleting Sceptics Posts and then in retaliation Sceptics may delete Believer's posts.

Typically when I see someone toss in a link to one of their threads it's not necessarily for points but an effort to contribute to the thread. Or at least that's what I would do. It would be a "Well, here is more info if your interested" type of link. I highly doubt that most of the people who post links to their threads are simply in it for points.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
[edit on 2-5-2009 by RussianScientists]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Well, all I can say, is this is a public forum. Personally, I can't see people being trolls on purpose, so I wonder if you have a problem with people just not agreeing with what you have to say?

Also, as to people referring to other threads, I have seen instances where the other threads held a lot of information in regards to the one they are posting in, so what's the problem? Do you not use the search function to see if a thread exists with your topic already, that you should be contributing to, instead of making a new one?

I'm somewhat surprised that you are even griping here, because I always enjoy your posts. This sensativity from you is baffling to me!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Blanca Rose you are like a bright star in the night. Yes, most people aren't trolls but they do strange things. I started this thread mostly because of my other thread that I started right before this thread. That thread got hijacked right off the bat and that was going to be a good thread I thought.

But someone put a one liner in right after I started that thread and the one liner directed people to something like page 20 of their thread. I had not read their thread and didn't realize that someone had put in something similar to my thread on their page 20 or whatever page it was.

So..... I got a little warm under the collar because what I thought was a good thread was destroyed in one line by another person. I haven't put out very many theads, and I don't care about points, all I care about is reading and/or distributing good information.

A similar thread did not exist previously and I knew this because the information was fresh off the press by a few days. You are very receptive Blanca Rose, and you are correct in the way that you have been thinking. Sometimes I baffle myself Blanca Rose.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by RussianScientists]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Ah ha!!!!!

So it isn't just me thinking what I have wrote!!!!!

Here are others, that think similarly right after I started this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join