It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cap and Trade a ‘Declaration of War,’ Say Republicans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

You do realize that obesity in America is the same if you are 1 pound over weight or 50 pound overweight, right?

FAIL.

Also, the entire grid doesn't run off of oil. it runs off of numerous sources.

See where I come from, When I insult another, I at least try to do it on a factual basis. If you're going to make fun of something, at least make it a true fact and not some lie made up by the media.

Clap clap clap

All nations today are dependent on oil in some way. Unless you've founded a new nation and made it 100% oil independent, you're just as guilty as the rest of the world.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Yea put more crap in the air. How dare they want to curb pollution! Those bastards! I mean it is our god given right to pollute without remorse and pump tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere!

I mean this will cost EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD THEIR JOB! This will also start wars in every country on earth and kill KITTENS! YES THIS WILL KILL KITTENS! Democrats who passed this bill hate kittens!

The GOP is just getting sad.

Oh I know! the GOP should issue another "Contract with America" Cause that worked out so well the last time.

[edit on 6/28/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Also, the entire grid doesn't run off of oil. it runs off of numerous sources.

"You run primarily off of coal and oil" does not translate to "You run off 100% Oil" no matter what misconstrued version of the english language you speak.

FAIL.

I think you need to go take a look at how much of your power comes from coal and oil... then look at the rest of the world.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Yea put more crap in the air. How dare they want to curb pollution! Those bastards! I mean it is our god given right to pollute without remorse and pump tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere!

Curbing pollution and this Cap and Trade are two different things. Cutting back coal smoke in the air isn't the same as cutting back CO2. Gonna hold your breath, since that will also be considered "pollution"?

I mean this will cost EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD THEIR JOB! This will also start wars in every country on earth and kill KITTENS! YES THIS WILL KILL KITTENS! Democrats who passed this bill hate kittens!

Well, I wonder what you'll be saying when people start losing their jobs. Small industry that can't afford to pay the Obama bribe will close, causing more people to hit the unemployment lines. The cost of gas and diesel will rise, causing the cost of anything that's transported using these fuels will go up.

Let me know how things are this winter.

The GOP is just getting sad.

Oh I know! the GOP should issue another "Contract with America" Cause that worked out so well the last time.

The GOP? Well, the Democrats aren't really doing too well, are they? How many Dems will be making money off this Cap and Trade? I know Al Gore will be making millions, since he's going to be dealing with the carbon credits, etc. How about Obama's wonderful Healthcare plan? Dodd and Frank will be making millions off that, too.

Get use to the fact that Obama will go down in history as the worse president to hold office. He'll be out on his skinny ass in four years.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

I don't know what your talking about or how it's related to what I said.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It is only a declaration of war when the side which is proposing it calls it one, not when their opponents call it one. It is also a declaration of war when the people call it one, but then it is too late.

It may be a crime against the American people, I truly wish the politicians on both sides would stop trying to foment civil war in America.

These acts are treasonous! We have put these miscreants into trusted positions as servants of power and they are pulling our house down around us.

We need a new branch of the legal system where ordinary people can haul these cretens up before the law for their public misconducts and have them summarily dismissed.

Judge: "Did you sir make this treasonous statement, yes or no?"

Senator: "Well, er harumph well yes but, . . . "

Judge "Enough, consider yourself fired Ex Senator, and your pension benefits are forefeit. Next case!"

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Get use to the fact that Obama will go down in history as the worse president to hold office. He'll be out on his skinny ass in four years.

Oh god I hope so. Man, that change crap has got to go. I mean it's so obvious that Obama's only goal in the white house is to cripple this country, destroy our economy, decimate our cities, and decimate insects with his evil.

Oh wait, my bad, hes just doing the exact same thing as Bush did the last 8 years. Sorry.

worse [sic] president to hold office? Perhaps your forgetting Jimmy Carter. But that's another thread entirely

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Oh god I hope so. Man, that change crap has got to go. I mean it's so obvious that Obama's only goal in the white house is to cripple this country, destroy our economy, decimate our cities, and decimate insects with his evil.

Oh wait, my bad, hes just doing the exact same thing as Bush did the last 8 years. Sorry.

Nah, Bush took eight years. Obama is working the express lane with his destruction of the US.

worse [sic] president to hold office? Perhaps your forgetting Jimmy Carter. But that's another thread entirely

Don't get me started on Jimmy Carter! The 20th Century's greatest monster!! Actually, I think Obama will surpass Jimmy.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

reply to post by jerico65

Your sarcasm would be very funny if the subject was not true. Freudian slip, perhaps?
I think, you are about to have an epiphany.

Get well!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join