It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions on this "Pandemic"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Is it just me, or is this whole swine flu thing out of hand? I mean come on over 30,000 americans die every year from the normal flu, yet theres been 1, yes 1, death in america from this and it was a boy here from mexico for medical treatment. Not to mention there has been, I believe, 8 confirmed deaths in mexico from the swine flu. What's the big deal? Like I said, so far the numbers arent even on par to match 1/20 of the deaths the normal flu causes per year in the US alone. I think all this is, is media hype to scare the public. Its all a freaking joke!

[edit on 5/1/2009 by l0rds0fcha0s]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by l0rds0fcha0s

It's *totally* out of hand. Aside from the recognizable fact that the media's been spoiling for at least an epidemic since Lyme Disease rose to prominence in the 80s (West Nile\Bird Flu\Hanta Virus, now this BS), this is a great way to get a people to toe the line- "we've got the cure, now do what we say". Besides, as another thread pointed out, at least Massachusetts has voted in a comprehensive and far-ranging martial law bill. I think that's the real story- what does the government have up its sleeves? This is fear-mongering, and it's astounding how many have decided to buy into the belief that "this could do us in", nevermind that the actual news coming out about Swine Flu suggests that the panic is unwarranted.

Here's an interesting idea I'm not necessarily sold on, but an idea nonetheless:
Remember how Bush's approval percentage skyrocketed after 9\11? He was seen by the media, mostly, to be a take-charge, be-prepared, always-ready, etc, kind of President, and it made our economy boom (briefly), as well as giving opportunity to pass the Patriot Act, and the creepy Total Information Awareness program. Makes me wonder how manufactured and overblown this garbage is. What would stop the current administration from attempting to recreate the same thing (on a thought-experiment level; I don't need moveon.org to reply, thanks, I've been well enough propagandized on the topic of Obama)? Many different motivations to start a "crisis"- martial law, bolstering the economy, putting unpopular laws in place that wouldn't normally see the light of day, and, if you're paranoid enough, you could even say that it's going to be used to shut down opposition in one form or another... makes me wonder, at any rate.

In short, I think this mass panic is more about agenda than health, and anybody who really thinks this "pandemic" is going to do much of anything, well, they've taken the bait. There's a reason for everything, though the right answer isn't always the obvious or official one.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Warbaby]

join