It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: The end to the internet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Double post sorry..

[edit on 1-5-2009 by theflashor]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GateCrasher

Although theres evidence to suggest otherwise

Check out Woolly Mammoths:
Evidence of Catastrophe

www.talkorigins.org...

Since Ted Holden has repeatedly insisted that the mammoth whose remains were found in Siberia in 1901 was preserved by some great catastrophe as described in Velikovsky's books, I decided to research the topic. I found several books on the subject, including the original book written by one of the scientists who actually examined, preserved and transported the mammoth remains from Siberia.

This find tells us that when this mammoth was frozen instantly it was eating sub tropic type plants within its stomach perfectly preserved. This tells us that the climate was tropical of nature and there must of been sudden climate change.

This prooves it can happen quick my friend sorry to burst your bubble.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by theflashor]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JerichoRanger

On top of everything else.....
They are predicting the end to the internet around 2012 and this will cause mass confusion and chaos.
I saw a thread about this from over a year ago but the video did not work.
I wonder how solid this prediction is.
I guess I do not need to be on the net when planetX, astroides, comets, solar flares, aliens,pole shifts, and WW3 are happening..

Any ideas?

www.osnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/1/2009 by semperfortis]

Just keep in mind, that Nemertes doesn't have a very good track record on predicting market trends... I've worked with them in the past, and well, they are out of touch in many ways.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I haven't placed much stock in 2012 it's all ending then theories until I stumbled across this headline in the Newspaper today...

Bob's Bigboy Restaurant to phase out the Big Boy Burger by 2012

Yep no doubt about it now folks...the end of it all is coming!

[edit on 3/5/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
To begin with, who is being fooled by this absolute dribble! The internet, their greatest enemy it appears, the one most useful tool to wake people up enmasse (which must be gaining and working against their MC and NLP because look at the targetting being done against it, as well as the EU's push amidst this flu bugs fears, to push in a bill to limit the internet while we're all distracted:
www.abovetopsecret.com...) is producing a multi trillion dollar industry. The amount of subscribers at exorberant costs is staggering amount of money. And if even 25% of the profit was sunk into keeping up with repairs and new technology, it would be astonishing the leaps and gains we would have!

This isn't going down for the fascist nwo agenda. We need to find ways to make it almost free. Such as wireless routers and bouncing it off satelites.
This is entire nonsense!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Of course the internet is coming to an end but it doesnt mean the end of the world LOL. Wow talk about sensationalism and panic.

It is being replaced with The Grid which is already operational to some degree.

Originally posted by JerichoRanger

2012: The end to the internet

www.osnews.com

According to research that's supposed to be published later this year, growing demand for Internet use will soon outstrip the stamina of the infrastructure supporting it, and the Internet will cease to be reliable by 2012. Complete anarchy will ensue, and the world will essentially end along with the Internet we created for it
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1 May 09 by Gools]

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 5/1/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Here's an idea, perhaps this article was put out by the PTB so that we would believe that the internet would go down in 2012. Now lets say that it really doesn't, but that it is all orchestrated. Orchestrated for what? Well, what would be the best way to keep an eye on us all? Using the internet. And whats the best way to make this process efficient? Reduce as much web traffic as possible. And how is this done? Convince everyone that the internet is dead and tell them to get on with their lives. Then they will just create something else to keep us occupied. Like superballs that tell time.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I suspect that many researchers and scientists either intentionally or unintentionally make some dire prediction fo 2012 (especially December) to capitalize on the publicity surrounding that date.

Doesn't anyone else remember all the hype around the Y2000 fiasco? I suspect 2012 will be the same, but the real problem will be all the hype, fearmongering and panic -- not actual events.

The problem is our's because we do not chastise these people for wrong predictions. There should be two categories -- people who make predictions who have not been labeled WRONG or a CHARLATAN, and the ones who have been disproven. Right now, there are no consequences to having your predictions fall through. Just look at the web bot guys.

There needs to be serious professional repercussions to this stuff.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
I haven't placed much stock in 2012 it's all ending then theories until I stumbled across this headline in the Newspaper today...

Have faith, my good friend!

The McDonalds McRib was supposed to disappear in 1987, yet every year, IT'S BACK!!!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by StonyJ

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Have faith, my good friend!

The McDonalds McRib was supposed to disappear in 1987, yet every year, IT'S BACK!!!

LOL

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Listen, the grid is pretty much the same as the internet albeit with much greater capacity and function. Dont sweat the internet...this is just like going from tapes to CDs and is another evolution of computing. Jeez.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Ah, yet another drivel-piece about this mysterious "internet" we keep hearing about...

There is no "internet", insofar as there isn't a single entity. The "internet", simply put, is all the worlds different and independant telecommunications systems connected together. What we know as the "internet" is just a protocol layer over these networks.

As for bandwidth running out, thats just a bunch of arse.

I'm a telecomms engineer (transmission) for a large global telco and we have so much bandwidth available, we can take our sweet merry time fixing most faults as we can just reroute traffic elsewhere, either at layer one (which is my domain) or higher.

As new technologies come out, we are able to squeeze more and more traffic down single fibres than we could in the past. I am looking at some elements in our network and we have entire STM-64's sitting empty. For comparison, an STM-64 is a 10Gb/s system. You can, using some wondrous pieces of kit, you can fit several STM-64's down a single fibre and standards have been defined for STM-256, which would be around 40Gb/s.

As of yet, my company doesn't have those in service as there is no need!

I must say the same thing over and over again every week as yet another "the internet is doomed" thread pops up, same old story every time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join