It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UAE Torture Video May Derail U.S. Nuclear Deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

UAE Torture Video May Derail U.S. Nuclear Deal

www.foxnews.com

A videotape showing a member of the United Arab Emirates Royal Family torturing a man is threatening a multibillion-dollar nuclear power deal between the U.S. and the Gulf kingdom.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

This will show all you liberals what real torture looks like. Take your choice being shot at, Run over by a truck, having, sand shoved in your mouth, or maybe you liberals perfer to be beaten with a cattle prod. Wow this makes water boarding look very PG.

The line between what was done at gitmo and what these Barbarians do is very clear. Oh no dont poor water on my head that torture, guess liberals dont shower no wonder they stink!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

honestly where any of you realy so Nieve to think we where playing paty cake with these terorist!

paty cake
paty cake
Bin Ladins man
tell me your next target
as fast as you can!

[edit on 5/1/2009 by Verd_Vhett]

[edit on 5/1/2009 by Verd_Vhett]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Money will always prevail,so i still expect the deal to go through in the end after some political banter.As for your little dig at the *liberals* or people with values greater than your own.This is a horrific video yes,but torture is torture.This argument that because another country is doing horrendous acts does not change the fact that there is a fine line in the sand.Cross that and you turn your back on everything your country and peoples supposedly stand for.No if's or buts about it.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Yes their torture is much worse than our torture. That makes our torture right and just. Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Yes their torture is much worse than our torture. That makes our torture right and just. Thanks for posting.

lol basically what i meant to say except better phrased...and shorter too boot.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Hey mate, if your going to denounce the use of torture at least be across the board with it, cuase if your not going to be, join the ranks of hypocrisy, kkthx.

Furthermore, where are all the rest of your ideologues crying about waterboarding being torture at? What and when did Obama now? Hypocrites unite!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Verd_Vhett

Why bait? Or are you so indoctrinated that you actually believe what you espouse? Torture is torture. Trying to justify this or that is foolhardy.

Ellis Henican is a rhetorical scholar and genius and has some thoughts on this subject...

[edit on 1-5-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
double-post, poo, sorry

[edit on 1-5-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

God,why on earth does anyone go on that show...people should just boycott o'reilly, let him argue with himself for a few shows until he realises what an absolute out and out "expletive" he is..

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Ellis will stand toe-to-toe with anyone, that is why I love the man. Seriously, I have a huge non-sexual crush on him. He is, with respect to the rhetorical tradition, a genius.

Torture is torture. If the OP thinks waterboarding is such a walk in the park then he should join Sean Hannity for charity and put water where his mouth is.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Members of the Saudi Royal family can rape any child, torture any man, and still Obama will bow down to them as Bush did before him.

Money and Oil ALWAYS prevails.

It doesn't matter if you're Democrat or Republican, the sphincters of Congress will always shut out to prosecutions of any offending members.

Two of the world's worst governments are at fault, one is not any different from the other.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

I'm not sure why you would post that video and go on to say that Henican is a genius. He's sharp, I'll give you that, but O'Reilly was hardly faltering during that interview and he made some very valid points, or were you choosing not to hear them?

1. Henican said with regard to waterboarding - "you wouldn't feel that way if they were waterboarding our troops" and O'Reilly responded that our current enemies don't waterboard, they cut our troops' heads off, which is true, or they will just kill them outright.

2. The two men argued about whether or not intelligence gained by waterboarding actually led to an aborted attack against L.A. OReilly at least has testimony to back up his side whereas Henican's doubt is only based on theory.

The part about Eric Holder erecting a communications wall between the FBI and CIA which indirectly led to 9/11 is a contested topic that I personally don't side with OReilly on. The rest of the video is a pissing contest.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
But if the video had shown him waterboarding the guy 169 times over the course of 30 days that would be ok I guess?

Strange time for us to start moralizing about torture.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

You missed the point. Bill-O acts like he is 14 years old and just wrote a term paper for civics class that he is really proud of. He is based on all emotion and fear. "I would've dunked his head a thousand times to save your life! you!" Isn't that just a hoot? If Bill-O is the true "Culture Warrior" as he self-professes, I would think he would be against torturing other human beings. Bill-O's genetic code needs to be stamped-out for the good of mankind. He is frightening. If I had children I would not want them anywhere near him.

Ellis, on the other hand, is a cool cat and is, obviously, a disciple of Plato. Truth is absolute, and we as human beings have a responsibility to that.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
we should have invaded saudi arabia.. the saudis are funding international terrorism and the world ignores it...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Verd, so your argument is "Their torture looks worse than our torture, therefore our torture is OK?"

... ?

Really?

When we find someone guilty of crimes, is it a valid defence to claim they should get away with it because somewhere in the world, someone else committed a worse crime?
No of course not.

Quit trying to use other nations crimes as justification for nations in the free world to get away with ours.

Justice is justice, torture is torture, crime is crime.

We persecute regardless of who's doing it worse elsewhere in the world.

Some people won't be happy until we've become third world nations or worse... because apparently, we're not supposed to care until we rival the most disgusting acts on earth.

Yes, this UAE royals torture is wrong.
Yes, the US and other free world torture is wrong.

The single UAE torture just happens to be more vile than any one of our thousands of tortures... doesn't mean we can get away with it.

Would I love to see you try your logic in court.

"your honor, my client pleads not guilty to the charge of manslaughter and rape, because someone on the other side of the world just murdered someone in a more disgusting manor"

... yeah right.

Get a grip.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by johnsky]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Lol just because some Liberal politician or news reporter claims that water boarding is torture doesn’t make it so anymore then my claiming the sky is actually orange and not blue. The idea that we have to hold ourselves up to higher standards is why we are getting our ass’s kicked, it is why we lost in Vietnam and had to pull out, and it is why more troops are dieing in Iraq and Afghanistan then would if our military and intelligence services where allowed to be brutally efficient at what they do. Do I support what was going on in gitmo your damn right I do, and the truth is they didn’t go far enough as far as I am concerned, they never got Bin Laden, perhaps if we had broken a few bones, beaten a few people with in a inch of their lives we would have.

War is a bloody hell there is no Righteous side, god does not choose sides in war, we are no better then our enemy if we pick up arms and attacks at all. You’re misguided if you think our solders are defending the country; we are waging a war on an enemy. One that is not under any nation, their can be no treaty with terrorist as there is no nation to sign a treaty with.

Many Americans seem to be misguided thinking that these murders have rights, they have the same rights, that would be provided to an American in any other foreign country, commit a crime in another country and try and claim you have rights and watch them laugh in your face.

Like I said before anyone who didn’t think we where being harsh on terrorist in gitmo your very naïve. These are the same people who flew four jumbo jets and killed thousands of Americans. STOP DEFENDING THEM! These are the same people that are using IED’s to Attack American troops. Liberals use these deaths only as a way to try and put an end to the war; they don’t care about the troops one bit. When ever I hear a liberal talk about war I think Jane Fonda! The only time they care about troops is when it fits there agenda if they cared one bit they would not be letting these terrorist loose to kill again.

Mark my words under this liberal administration our country has been weekend and we are going to experience an attack far greater then 911 my only one true hope is it occurs in Washington! What a since of irony that would be!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verd_Vhett
War is a bloody hell there is no Righteous side...

Wrong.

There is righteous side in every war...

The very side which defends itself.

Lets try not to forget that USA are the ones which OCCUPIED foreign and sovereign territory with only a suspicion of having something they never did...

How bloody awesome was that ???

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Verd_Vhett

There are many types of torture

This is one of them

Waterboarding is another form of torture

One does,nt justify the other

new topics

top topics

join