It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lithium in water 'curbs suicide'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by IronDogg
Why not put prozac in the water to cut down on depression? How about Ritalin in the mornings to keep us focused on our tax paying work all day, then put vicodin in the water at night to keep us submissive, relaxed and unable to think for ourselves?

The idea of putting different types of drugs in the water at different times of day is impracticable as the water goes through miles of pipes before it reaches us. Also there is the fact that there will be a vast difference in the water usage in both amount and time between different people.

-Cauch1

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cauch1
The idea of putting different types of drugs in the water at different times of day is impracticable as the water goes through miles of pipes before it reaches us. Also there is the fact that there will be a vast difference in the water usage in both amount and time between different people.

Yeah, I know, I was just being sarcastic to emphasize my snydeness towards municipalities that add in all kinds of chemicals without really knowing the long term effects of an additive.

I do understand the necessity of adding in some chemicals such as chlorines, pH balancers, and flocculants such as alum etc, but have never understood the additions of "extras" such as fluorides. I do understand the municipality reason for the addition, just don't necessarily agree with it. Now imho, the mere contemplation of an additive to prevent suicides of all things just seems absurd and a waste of the taxpaying money as a whole.

I can't see smaller communities with a population of say 100k, spending tax dollars on an anti suicide program in the water supply to prevent the 1 or 2 (or maybe more) suicides they get a year.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I don't see the point with any of that, at least not from the perspective of a citizen. Put something in to kill the bacteria/viruses/etc maybe but theres no need for anything else. The water that comes out of your taps should be as it is in nature. By which I mean it has minerals in it in small amounts and nothing else.

-Cauch1

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Putting lithium in drinking water simply, and without debate, just strikes me as a stupid thing to do.
Not everyone drinking the water will be thinking of commiting suicide, after all.
It's not like a bit chlorine to purify it is it?

I don't want lithium building up in my system everytime I take a drink.

But don't worry, I'm pretty sure it won't happen.

It has to be against human rights to put what is essentially an anti-depressant chemical which can eventually harm us in our water supply.

(Edit for typos and bad grammar and all that stuff I usually have to edit for.)

[edit on 27/12/2009 by Ayana]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cauch1
reply to post by Flighty

True. But people choose to eat their ready meals, fast food, etc. its not forced upon them. It is lifestyle. The lifestyle of choosing to eat these foods.

-Cauch1

I know people who are obese who aren't fast food junkies. Not everyone lives at McDonalds , well not in the country l live in .
We still have obesity problems. So blaming it only on fast foods is a little too convenient and one box fits all.
I know people are complaining of feeling lethargic and this alone can lead to decreased physical activity which is more what my last post was leaning to.
If lithium and other energy sapping substances drugs and toxins are in the water, it would explain the listlessness/lack of energy that a lot of people are feeling.
Constant Fatigue Syndrome is a disorder that you really have to have to realise how energy sapping it is. It would be interesting if the pharma in our water supply, like Lithium, could be the reason behind it.
I doubt many doctors would be looking for traces of Lithium in pathology tests of CFS suffers for instance. It could be the cause of a lot of common health problems that have surfaced over the last 1o years.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by Flighty]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Yes there are people who are fat despite the fact that they lead a supposedly healthy lifestyle. However the majority have a reason for being that way that is their own fault: they eat too much, drink too much, smoke too much, dont exercise enough, eat the wrong sort of food etc.
Although yes I do see your point over the (possible) energy sapping drugs in the water supply having an effect, not that it bothers me I mainly drink juices and coke

-Cauch1

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join