It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lithium in water 'curbs suicide'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I read somewhere that lithium causes acne. I guess dermatologists will get paid now.

Water should be pure.

If they are purposely adding things in water, I think you all could sue them for assault, and or attempted murder.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by 0nce 0nce]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Slightly abstract but a very good point. I would reccomend that people watch Serenity. It gives a startlingly similair view in a different time period. One big government trying to control and sedate the people. I wonder where they got that idea from

-Cauch1

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0nce 0nce
I read somewhere that lithium causes acne. I guess dermatologists will get paid now.

Water should be pure.

If they are purposely adding things in water, I think you all could sue them for assault, and or attempted murder.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by 0nce 0nce]

The laws are different when applied to governments. I doubt you could sue them for anything.

My father's neighborhood underwent a bunch of new stormwater drainage changes, it resulted in channeling everything to his yard and flooding his home. He therefore, attempted to build-up a 'levee' around his yard to redirect the water on by his home. He was visited by the county and told that if his changes caused another person's yard to flood, he would be directly responsible for any damage. On the other hand, the county bears no responsibility at all for flooding his home!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Thanks for this. The elite just don't give a flying # about what we think anymore. 'La de da, we're lobotomizing and sedating you, lad de da.'

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
side effects and controversy aside, its still better than watching people kill themselves.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER
side effects and controversy aside, its still better than watching people kill themselves.

"side effects and controversy aside"?
How can you consider that an aside?
So you think it is better to force people to stay alive. I am not saying suicide is a good thing, and I do think that people who are suicidal should be helped but drugging them without their knowledge is definitely not the way to do it. Especially as it affects the rest of us as well.

-Cauch1

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I think its immoral to add medicine to the water supply. Where I live, people have a right to refuse medical treatment. It seems that fluoride & lithium being added to the water violates that right. Not everyone can afford a reverse osmosis filter (which is what you need to remove fluoride - not sure about lithium), so you are effectively stripped of that right.

IMO, this is about mind control. Someone in an earlier post hit the nail on the head when they said they are going to try to get people to jump on board by selling it as somehow saving lives. Well, they've sold fluoride as "good for your teeth," never mind the fact that it damages your brain, thyroid, bones, & even teeth! They started putting fluoride in the water a long time ago, though, before many people were aware of some of the nefarious goals of the ruling elite. I'm hoping people will put up a fight if they want to add lithium to the water. Of course, I suppose they could add it surreptitiously...

People do excrete medicines when they urinate, & it does find its way into the water supply. For ex, women who take the birth control pill excrete female hormones, which has a negative impact on animals & people, such as causing low fertility in males.

JMO

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
The laws are different when applied to governments. I doubt you could sue them for anything.

In USA, the general rule is govts can be sued for ministerial actions (the way they carry something out), but not for discretionary actions (such as deciding to do something).

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Lithium is only of benefit to people who are bipolar or who have other brain chemical imbalances and even then, it has many side effects including WEIGHT GAIN.
I guess that might explain the explosion in the numbers of the Obese the last 5-10 years.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
it has many side effects including WEIGHT GAIN.
I guess that might explain the explosion in the numbers of the Obese the last 5-10 years.

Sorry, but we all know what is causing the weight gain. Its lifestyle thats all there is to it. Many problems can be laid at the government's feet but I don't think that obesity is one of them.

-Cauch1

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think the government has had this stuff in the water for years ;they are only slowly dropping hints inorder to excuse themselves. This is one of the reasons(soy flower and soy oil are the other reasons) diabetes and obesity are surging. A class action law suit against the poisoners is an excellent idea. There are too many negative side effects for this not to be a soft kill weapon.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

This is one of the reasons(soy flower and soy oil are the other reasons) diabetes and obesity are surging.

I'm just curious where you found the info about soy. Soy products, in an unadultered state, have been shown to drastically increase metabolism.

Hydrogenated soy oil can make people fat, but why single out soy? Any oil that has been hydrogenated has been linked to obesity.

Refined flour is a cause for obesity, too. Not just refined soy products, but all refined flour.

So, the moral of the story is to stay away from refined flour and hydrogenated oils. Actually, nixing all processed food will do the body good.

And as a side observation, let me say something else. In Japan, they eat a lot of soy products (you probably don't need me to tell you that part). Anyways, in Iwaki, Japan I am often the fattest person to be found. However, when I am in California I am probably considered thin.

Edit to add: Stay away from lithium, too.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by tamusan]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Do a search on soy , soy oil, and the thyroid. The thyroid controls the metabolism ;soy oil suppresses the thyroid. Almost every prepackaged food and every piece of fried fast food has soil oil. Every peice of chocolate has soy licithin. Soy is what we feed cattle to make them fat.

Not all fat is equal. Coconut oil is good for the thyroid. Again ranchers found out that cattle fed cocunut oil became lean.

There is actually a connection between soy and lithium. Of all oils which could be used for mass marketed trash, soy is the one oil which damages the thyroid. Of all psych medications, lithium is the one most likely to dammage the thyroid. Obesity is only one of the side effects some group was hoping to achieve. I doubt whoever is poisoning the water and food really cares about the psychological well being of others.

This is only one of many websights about the grief soy causes.
www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com...

[edit on 23-12-2009 by eradown]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

Hydrogenation is what makes oil unhealthy. Any hydrogenated oil is bad to eat. Not all soy oil is bad for you, only the hydrogenated oils. If you want, research the differences between unsaturated, saturated, and trans fats. You will find that hydrogenation takes the "healthy" unsaturated fats, and turns them into unhealthy saturated and trans fats.

Soy oil that is not f'd with too much is an unsaturated fat and is basically unfit to use in the fryer more than once. This does not conform with the business model for most fast food co's. So somewhere along the line they started to hydrogenate it. This takes soy oil from being a very healthy unsaturated fat and turns it into a very unhealthy trans fat.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
reply to post by eradown

Hydrogenation is what makes oil unhealthy. Any hydrogenated oil is bad to eat. Not all soy oil is bad for you, only the hydrogenated oils. If you want, research the differences between unsaturated, saturated, and trans fats. You will find that hydrogenation takes the "healthy" unsaturated fats, and turns them into unhealthy saturated and trans fats.

Soy oil that is not f'd with too much is an unsaturated fat and is basically unfit to use in the fryer more than once. This does not conform with the business model for most fast food co's. So somewhere along the line they started to hydrogenate it. This takes soy oil from being a very healthy unsaturated fat and turns it into a very unhealthy trans fat.

I disagree. Soy is a goitrogen. It is hundred times worse when it is hydrogenated but even in its pureset form it will hurt the thyroid.For people with low functioning thyroids which is just about every fat person over forty, all soy and beans should be avoided. Read the thyroid diet if you can not research the connection between soy and thyroid disfunction using web searches.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

"Findings suggest that soy sterols, at a moderate concentration potentially ameliorates hyperthyroidism and diabetes mellitus, but at higher concentration it may exert adverse effects."

Cited from:
Panda, Sunanda; Kar, Anand; Patil, Shridhar "Soy sterols in the regulation of thyroid functions, glucose homeostasis and hepatic lipid peroxidation in mice." Food Research International [Food Res. Int.] (0963-9969)
Oct 2009. Vol.42,Iss.8;p.1087-1092

Just happened to have a journal sitting nearby with relevant info. Imagine that. You may have to pay to read it online. You are right in a way. Soy could potentially cause HYPOthyroidism in people with normal thyroid function. Otherwise it is healthy.

I live in Japan and the U.S. an equal amount of time. I change location every few months. When I leave Japan, I am always 20 pounds lighter than when I arrived, and I no longer need insulin. When I come back to the U.S. and eat the crap they feed us, I get fat again and become diabetic.

One thing to consider about the soy topic is that westerners have hijacked the soybean to turn a buck. They have processed it beyond belief. What do they do to those soy burgers and the tofurkey to make it taste almost edible? In Japan, we have tofu and edamame (young soybeans) mostly. Sometimes, I see someone drinking soy milk, but not often. I had never seen a soy latte in Japan until Starbucks showed up.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

The Japanese soy beans are different from the mass produced GMO soy beans ,but not even the Japanese eat the massive amounts of soy products which Americans unwittingly consume.

Yes ,you will become fat if you do not avoid processed American food.When you are in the United States you will need to bake everything from scratch. Most all of the restaurants use soy oil to cut corners.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Cauch1

Sorry but if you think it's only lifestyle alone, then you are mistaken
There are so many things in our food and water that weren't included in our food and water supply before.
Its all accumulative.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Flighty]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

True. But people choose to eat their ready meals, fast food, etc. its not forced upon them. It is lifestyle. The lifestyle of choosing to eat these foods.

-Cauch1

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I was just wondering why the focus on adding lithium to water to limit suicides? Why not some other chemical to limit some other negative that would have more of an impact on society as a whole?

Why not put prozac in the water to cut down on depression? How about Ritalin in the mornings to keep us focused on our tax paying work all day, then put vicodin in the water at night to keep us submissive, relaxed and unable to think for ourselves?

Wouldn't some kind of heart problem prevention drug in the water serve society better than a suicide prevention drug? Surely there are more people with heart problems than people contemplating suicide...

Sorry for the simplistic, ignorant, and sarcastic thinking, but why lithium and suicide prevention of all things to consider adding to the water (if anything at all) and not something "more beneficial" to the majority of water drinkers?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join