It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN: Freeze Jerusalem demolitions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

UN: Freeze Jerusalem demolitions

news.bbc.co.uk

The UN has asked Israel to freeze all pending demolition orders in East Jerusalem and to do more to provide for the housing needs of Palestinians.

Almost a third of all Palestinian homes in East Jerusalem have been built without a permit, says a UN report.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Well the UN have came out with such reports before...and it hasn't amounted to much in the end,it really is a lame duck.This will be swept under the rug and it will be business as usual i think.Still interesting though.Maybe just maybe Israel will listen to the UN for a change...although im not getting my hopes up.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Also from the article...

This is not recognised by the international community, with the east of the city considered occupied territory.

I think this is a very overlooked point by American MSM.

EDIT for spelling

[edit on 1-5-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Almost a third of all Palestinian homes in East Jerusalem have been built without a permit, says a UN report.

Why would they say that, and NOT point out that the most Palestinians CAN'T GET PERMITS to build?

Propaganda - never tell the whole story.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Why would they say that, and NOT point out that the most Palestinians CAN'T GET PERMITS to build?

Propaganda - never tell the whole story.

Since the UN sees israel being there as an occupation, wouldn't that make these permits void to anyone besides israel?

This is just another example of israel intentionally pissing off arabs to the point that they will take their own lives to get israel back...

[edit on 1-5-2009 by breakingdradles]

top topics

join