It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China database to track children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

China database to track children

news.bbc.co.uk

China is setting up a national DNA database to help trace missing children, as the authorities struggle to tackle people trafficking.

By the end of the month, a network of more than 200 DNA centres is due to be operational.

Thousands of children in China are stolen or sold each year.

Correspondents say the children of migrant workers are usually targeted. They are traded for a few hundred dollars and few are ever found.

Boys preferred

At the moment, only 32 provincial DNA labs and 11 urban labs are connected. But the Ministry of Public Security says all 236 DNA labs in China wil
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I'm not even sure what to say-

On the one hand, tracking missing children and doing whatever you can to stop kidnapping is truly necessary....

On the other hand, these kids grow up. And eventually, you are going to have an entire generation of adults that can be genetically tracked because they were as children...

Can of worms I'm not too comfortable with being opened....

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I forget which, but one state in the US has been keeping blood samples taken from newborns that were supposed to be destroyed. I think we may already have something similar to this database going on here, but being kept very quiet.

TA

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
I forget which, but one state in the US has been keeping blood samples taken from newborns that were supposed to be destroyed. I think we may already have something similar to this database going on here, but being kept very quiet.

TA

Not to mention the Human genome project.....

top topics

join